main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wraith Squadron Fan Club

Discussion in 'Literature' started by hobbie6195, Nov 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaysonTerrik

PaysonTerrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2000
    Ehhhh. Composing music ? not my thing. But, the ?oh man, oh man?s? at the end would lead to me towards picking some cool rock song ? you know, something kick butty to match the Wraiths.

Add the mutiny scene to my list, too. That was great ? almost Twilight Zone-ish ? when you first see what?s going on in the mess hall. That oven scene was stressful ? and painful to read ? although it kind of reminded my of the trash compactor scene in ANH.

2. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Hey ? I just noticed ? my last post brought this up to 100! Woo hoo ? triple digits!

Go Wraiths! Yub Yub, Commander!

3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Yub yub. We hit the one hundred mark. Woo hoo.
    Composing music isn't really my strong suit either. I'll have to think this one through a bit.
    I agree about the oven. When they were all coming out and the book was describing all the burns in detail, I was almost in physical pain. Very stressful.

4. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    This isn?t a specific scene, but a general comment:

I like the continuity between the books.

In the pre-NJO, the books were all written out of order and by so many authors that you lost that sense of continuity with the plots, and the characters were so erratic. It was like some SW authors had a grasp of what should happen and how certain characters should act, and others didn?t.

But here in Wraithland, we not only had just one author, but one really really good author!

5. Matara_Healbo

Matara_Healbo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    I don't know how many of you have books on tape but I have three of the Wraith books on tape. Well in Iron Fist they make mistake, when Gara is think of the one Admiral guy and how he sacrificed his star destroyer "Invidious." Yes I know it's "Implacable" but they guy who's reading it messed up. I thought you all might want to know that.

6. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    I only buy the books on tape for when I have long car trips. The only SW ones I have are VP and the Dark Tide duology.

Did the reader make Han sound like a pirate in Solo Command? I noticed on his credits that he had also read most of the X-wing series. It was hilarious. I mean, I know they have to change up the dialect and pitch a little to distinguish between the characters, but every time he read Han or Lando in the other tapes, he kind of had this pirate ?arrrgh? to his voice. Or was that just me? ;-) Arrgh. Ahoy Matey!

Interesting about the mix-up. You?d think they?d catch something like that. I?d be curious to see how he does the voice for Runt or Piggy. :-D

7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    If Jaina Solo can have a fan club on the front page, then Blast it so can the Wraiths.
    To the top!

8. Albion

Albion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    The Wraiths need another novel... something stand-alone from the X-Wing series.

9. Lt_Ketch

Lt_Ketch Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2000
    Sithspit! It looks like I misspelled my own handle! I guess I should have doublechecked the books before registering.

The Wraiths need SEVERAL new books.

10. Albion

Albion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    Yub! Yub! Kettch best Pilot! Make bombs, stab humans!

11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I agree, a new Wraith book is desperately needed. I'd be satisfied if they are featured in a big way in Allston's NJO stuff. Although, the way things are going now, Allston's stuff is probably going to either be cancelled or downsized to just one book. I hope not though.

12. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, Ewok pilots are the best! We need more of them!

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    There are ewoks in Dark Empire. When Han and Leia come to Coruscant to rescue Luke and Lando, in a couple of the battle scenes you can see them quite plainly fighting, shaking hands with Chewbacca, etc. I tend to believe that one of them was the "real Kettch."

14. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Looks like we had a good showing this afternoon ? it?s good to see this thing growing!

Hey Ketch ? don?t worry. You know, some dialects of Basic translate into English a little differently, and Kettch is sometimes also seen as Ketch. OK, not really, but we can choose to believe that if it makes you feel better. ;-)

15. hobbie6195

hobbie6195 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 1999
    "it?s good to see this thing growing!"

Yup...Im so proud. :) lol

16. hobbie6195

Nov 10, 1999
    Ah, a shameless bump from the third page. :)

17. Lt_Ketch

Nov 13, 2000
    Get back up there!!!

Go Wraiths.

18. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Hi everyone! I found an interesting thread that you all might want to check out (Casting Call-The Wraiths). Here?s the link in case you haven?t seen it yet:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1451006&replies=8

19. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Sorry I haven't been here for awhile but my computer was acting up. I can't beleive I saw this on the third page. I was listening to my Wraith Squadron tapes over the weekend and I found so many more mistakes. You really wouldn't catch them unless of course you've memorized the books, or you just know them by heart.

When Face is supposed to be that pirate captain guy, sorry forgot the name. He has his face all makeuped up and stuff when he is in the TIE fighter, this is in the book and he wants to scratch it but he can't. Well on the tape it has him wearing the helmet when he's piloting the Sungrass. I don't think he would need a helmet to pilot a shuttle.

Another favorite moment in Wraith History is when Face has to disguise himself after they take over Night Caller. You know the goggles and orange paint, and you can't for get the tubing.

20. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    WOO HOO!!!! I hope you all have seen the TFN news headliner about the Allston interview!!!! He said he will definitely be including Wedge and the Wraiths in his NJO books!!!! Thank the Lord there are still miracles!
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

<happy dance, happy dance, happy dance>

I?m going to read the full article at and check back later.

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~lightsabre/aaronallstoninterview.htm

Matara ? I think Del Rey should hire you as their audio cassette consultant. ;-) I liked the orange paint scene too.

21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Wraiths and Wedge in the NJO!!
    Praise the Lord is right.

22. hobbie6195

Nov 10, 1999
    Woohoo! I just read it! Im excited. :)

23. Lt_Ketch

Nov 13, 2000
    Outstanding! I'm jumping around like a Ryn on spice!

Not really, I've just been waiting for the right moment to try to make up a Ryn cliche'. But I AM jazzed about getting the Wraiths into the NJO. Wraiths be on, Vong be gone!

24. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Hey ? I guess Rogue1-and-a-half?s little poem wasn?t just a tribute, but a prophesy. :-D

I hope Matara?s computer stops acting up so she can be sure to read this soon!

Ketch ? I loved the ?Ryn on spice? thing ? you can use Ryn clichés anytime you want. ;-)

I?m not surprised that Allston would have wanted the Wraiths in his duology, but I wasn?t sure if it would be approved since not everyone is familiar with them. I?m sure it won?t be ONLY about the Wraiths, but I?m just glad that they?ve resurfaced again. I seriously think that the other authors just don?t know how to write them and that?s partly why we haven?t seen anything about them.

In the interview, Allston said he wasn?t supposed to say much now (other than yes, Wedge and the Wraiths will be in it), so I guess we?ll all go crazy for awhile speculating.

How much longer? How much longer? How much longer?

25. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I just finished reading the article, it was good. I had some of the same ideas that Allston had for the NJO. You know digging up what happened with Palpatine and all the rest back during the Old Republic. Yes we will see this in the movies but I think it would be great for the chracters to experiance this as well.

Just so you know, the whole book on tape thing compaired to books. I read a book once and I have it in memory so when a book on tape messes up I know. I would love to correct these writings of the books on tape, I want to know who obreviates them for tape? They miss out on all of the cool scenes, they get some but not all of them. I'm not just talking about the Wraiths either it's in all of them. In The Krytos Trape they miss the whole scene on Ryloth and the funny things that happen in the Bacta War.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.