main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wraith Squadron Fan Club

Discussion in 'Literature' started by hobbie6195, Nov 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matara_Healbo

Matara_Healbo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    I have such good news. My brother and sister-in-law are going to have another baby. Okay my sister-in-law is anyway. I found out today. They've been asking us what names they should name it. She's only 6 weeks along so they don't know what the baby is yet. Of course I gave them a few Star Wars names, but they didn't like that idea too much. The Wraith fans will be happy though, they were mostly Wraith names. I suggested Kell, Garick, Ton, Wes, Janson. I couldn't do Wedge they would know where I got that one from. I didn't give them many girl names though, I really think they are having a boy. Last time I thought they were having a girl and everyone else thought it was a boy. So I may be right about this one as well.

I do hope more Wraith fans start posting.

2. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The Prophet returns;) Thanks for the compliment Payson. Let's see if I can prophesy again.
    Allston's books will be as good as can be
    I hope, I know, I'll get them for free.

Let's hope that comes true.

3. Lt_Ketch

Lt_Ketch Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2000
    Wraiths, page three in no place for thee!

4. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Wraiths, page two is no place for you.

5. Albion

Albion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    Okay... here's a poll. If you could BE one of the Wraiths, which one would you play, and why?

Me?

Myn Donos, because I loved how he is portrayed as fighting to regain himself after the loss of Talon Flight.

6. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Albion, I'd be Face.

Why?

Because I'm a student at High school, and therefore exceedingly talented at BS, and making it up as you go. Please don't flame for making generalizations everybody!

7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I'd be Ton because he is so funny, but yet there is a undercurrent of hurt running through him. I think myself well qualified to play a part like that.

Second choice: Face, since I am an actor(nothing major, just small plays in my town) and since I am a college student I am also talented at adlibbing.

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Page three!!! NOOOOO
    We need someone else to take the poll. To the top.

9. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I would be Shalla. Anyone who can dissarm someone with their hands that's the kind of person for me. Or I would be Dia. Her recall is amazing, my memory is somewhat like that. It gets annoying though when you remeber small things that happened two years ago but you can't remember what major things happened a few days ago.

10. hobbie6195

hobbie6195 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 1999
    I guess i'd be Janson...We have about the same sense of humor and quick wit. ;)

Im glad to see this thread on the 1st page again. :)

11. Tyria_Sarkin

Tyria_Sarkin Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    Hi, I'm kinda new here and I just found this thread. I love the Wraiths too! I've read all the X-Wing books and the Wraiths are my favorites. No other SW book has that kind of humor.

If I could be one of the Wraiths I would be Tyria (obviously) because she's understanding and always trying to be helpful. Also, with my luck, if I had any control of the Force it would probably only be a tiny bit, not enough to be a Jedi, like her! :)

12. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Welcome to the Wraiths Tyria. We are glad you have decided to join us.

13. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    FAN!! They're coming back to the NJO......:D

14. hobbie6195

hobbie6195 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 1999
    Welcome, Tyria! :)

15. Lt_Ketch

Nov 13, 2000
    Could I be Lt. Kettch? - Just kidding.

I'd be Myn Donos, I like the guy dispite all his problems. In the end, I think he's a good pilot, and all around good guy.

16. PaysonTerrik

PaysonTerrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2000
    Hi everyone! I feel horrible about not having helped keep this thread going lately. I haven?t been around the boards too much lately because of crazy busy stuff, but hopefully things will start settling down soon.

I?m about to go do some family stuff, but I just wanted to say hi. I?ll have some good posting time late tonight, so I?ll be sure to catch up on all that I?ve missed. Go Wraiths!

Merry Christmas Eve! Yub yub, Santa!

17. Lt_Ketch

Nov 13, 2000
    Hey Wraiths, what are you doing on page five?
    Get back on page one if you're going to thrive!

18. Aphrael

Aphrael Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2000
    I didn't think anybody even remembered the Wraiths- they seem to have kinda taken a back seat to the NJO and everything else going on in profic land. But I like them, and it's nice to see I'm not alone.

One of the main reasons I liked them is that not only are they interesting characters, but none of them are major characters on the level of Luke Skywalker or Han Solo. They're just these 'normal'- well, okay, they're not really quite normal, now are they? -semi-normal people with these pretty normal lives. They're not war heroes or Jedi or anything like that, and I've always felt that the "common man", if you will, didn't get enough attention in SW profic.

So...it's nice to know I'm not the only one who likes the Wraiths, but WHY does everyone like them, hmm? Discuss. :)

19. Albion

Albion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    I like them because the Wraiths AREN'T larger then life. They are closer to real people with real problems. They all one way or another live under the shadows of events that they had no control over. Even if it was something as simple as Shalla trying to live up to her family's perfectionist nature, to Face living with the physical and emotional scars of what he'd done for the Empire as a child.

These are also rather interesting characters, because unlike our main trio, and their rather extended family, they have nothing to do with the Death Stars, or the Emperor, or the Force (Tyria excluded)... instead they are people who just needed a second chance to get things right.

20. Lt_Ketch

Nov 13, 2000
    I think people can relate to the Wraith's because they have messed up in the past, and are given another chance to do good - and they do. Most everyone has messed up at one time or another (I have more than I like to think about), and appreciates an opportunity to make good.

Also, the Wraiths have a great storyline, interesting characters and lots of humor. To be honest, I was ready to hate them, but I was quickly converted.

21. Tyria_Sarkin

Tyria_Sarkin Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    I agree, the Wraiths are closer to real people. They don't get everything right the first time. They have to try just as hard as the rest of us to succeed and even then, they still sometimes fail. But they do eventually succeed (if in an unusual way).

Then there's the humor. I love funny stories and, IMHO, some of the Star Wars books are just too dark. The Wraith books really added a light touch to the profic, though they could still be serious without getting depressing or losing all hope.

22. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    What she said LOL
    I was trying to put my finger on why I like these storylines so much, and then Tyria, et al said it for me -- the humor! To recall these stories is a refreshing chance to break away from what's going on in the GFFA at the moment. The utter "realness" of the characters comes through, the bantering, the practical jokes, the attempts to forget the salient fact that "for tomorrow we die" is a definite possibility for the pilots of Wraith Squardron. They're human, and heroic, and in some cases, flawed. And then the moment arrives when the shields go up and the proton torpedoes get charged and they're on their way to making the galaxy a safe place to live in once again. May they continue to delight and entertain us for years and years to come!

23. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the Forum (I've only been posting for a couple of weeks), but I'm definitely in, the Wraiths rock! They're a bit more interesting than the Rogues because...they're normal! They're screwballs like most of us! And a sense of humor in each to boot! As for who I'd play, it's a tough choice. I loved Phanan because the guys is hilarious, but I guess I'm most like Myn- the serious type (not the psycho type though). But I'm in.

24. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    OK ? time for a little catching up.

Belated welcome to Tyria and Asyr and Aphrael and ValedaKor and excalibur2358 and anyone else new that I?ve missed since I was last here.

Congrats Matara on another nephew/niece. I guess if they don?t end up using any SW related names, you can always come up with your own nickname. ;-)

Rogue1-and-a-half ? LOL on your second prophesy poem ? I?m pretty sure you?ll be right about Allston?s NJO books being as good as can be, and maybe if you ask really nicely someone will buy you the books for free, too.

If I could be one of the Wraiths, I would probably choose Tyria, although I think the most fun character to be would be Wes.

As far as why I like them, I think it?s because they?ve just tried so hard and came so far when they were about to loose their careers completely. It?s kind of like one of those movies where the worst team wins the championship. I also love the practical joking and humor!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

25. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    I won?t say which page I found this thread on ? it made me a little sad. :-(

How are all you Wraith lovers today? Things are pretty good here, but I can?t stick around. Just wanted to say hi and bring this back to page one!

I?ll check back in tomorrow afternoon. We?ll have to make it our New Year?s resolution to keep this thing at the top. :-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.