main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wraith Squadron Fan Club

Discussion in 'Literature' started by hobbie6195, Nov 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyria_Sarkin

Tyria_Sarkin Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    Keeping my New Year's resolution a bit early. Back to page one with the Wraiths! :)

Hope everyone has a happy new year!

2. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Having just reread the Wraith Squad books, I really like them now. Too bad Ton had to die in Iron Fist.

Have a Happy New Year folks!

Force be w/ ya!

Liana

3. Lt_Ketch

Lt_Ketch Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2000
    Happy New Year to all you fighter jocks out there!

4. PaysonTerrik

PaysonTerrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2000
    Welcome Liana! I agree ? the Ton thing was sad, but at least it was so well written.

Happy New Year?s everyone!

5. hobbie6195

hobbie6195 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 1999
    Happy New Year, Wraith fans!

6. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Good to be back. I've been speculating on genter based on people's choices on who they would play, but, Payson, you've stymied me by choosing Tyria first and Wes second. Apparently I missed the sex-change operation sequence in Solo Command.

Wait, wait, wait:
    It just hit me. Wes dressed up in women's clothes in SoA. I get it now. Never mind.

7. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    I've got a question for all of you: how big a role do you think the wraiths will play in the coming books? what will they do? and who's still left in the squadron (some have moved on to the rogues,etc.). What do you think?

8. Tyria_Sarkin

Dec 9, 2000
    I've been wondering that myself, excalibur. By the time Allston's duology comes out it will have been about 17 or 18 years since we last heard from the Wraiths (in SW time of course). A lot of things could have changed. I hope they will play a major role in the books, unlike Wedge and Janson and the other former Rogues in the Dark Tide books who were only in one or two scenes. The new Rogues have already been in the NJO and I don't remember any Wraiths being mentioned with them so I don't know if any of them are in the Rogues.

I hope most of the Wraiths will still be there, maybe some new faces too. As for what they'll be doing, probably much the same as the Rogues with maybe an under cover/infiltration mission or two. :) I can't wait until those books come out, but I just looked on TFN's book release schedule and they won't be coming out until about mid 2002. :( Still, it's something to look forward to!

9. Aphrael

Aphrael Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2000
    Happy New Year, guys, and thanks for the welcomes. :)

I think, much as I'd like to see them again, that maybe it's better for the Wraiths if we don't see them again in the NJO. Haven't they killed off enough squadmembers? I mean, if they can kill Chewie, are our beloved Wraiths safe?

10. Captain Page

Captain Page Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    Sadly, no one is safe in the NJO. I hope the Wraiths make it through.

I just got Solo Command, and it rekindled my Wraith-ness. Allston's writing of the 3 Wraith books (and SoA) is the best in any Star Wars book, with the possible exception of the Thrawn Trilogy and Dark Tide.

Wraiths Forever!

Wedge, Janson, Tyria, Kell, Myn, Face, Shalla, Piggy, Runt.... I love 'em all!

11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The Wraiths were never safe. I remember the thinking when I finished the first book that anyone could die. I really expected Face to die in teh last book.

I'm hoping that we see Tyria as a Jedi before the series is up.

12. Belvana

Belvana Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2000
    Signing in again!!!

I haven't been around here for a long time - sorry. But the Wraiths are still great! :)

13. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    "I'm hoping that we see Tyria as a Jedi before the series is up."

Doubt it. I don't think that she had much talent in the force, although the Wraiths were really cool. They were some of the best books.

14. SwerPin

SwerPin Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2000
    The Wraith are the coolest guys(and girl)never see in X-wing book.I love them

15. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Yay ? more new Wraith fans! Hi to Jarik and SwerPin! Welcome back Captain Page and Belvana!

Too much color change. Too much color change. Was anyone else around late Wednesday night? One minute it?s happy Christmas time, then a massive explosion of orange and side bars, and now we?re Christmasy again. Not that it?s bad ? just really amusing. The no stars thing is kind of sad ? I?m just a few away from my second star. Would?ve been nice to have seen it. . . Maybe they?ll be back tomorrow.

Rogue1-and-a-half ? LOL ? sorry I confused you there on the ?Which character would you be?? answer. There just aren?t too many female Wraiths to choose from, so Wes was kind of a generic character answer. The female Wraiths seem to have fun, but nowhere near the Wes level.

Now, if we?re talking about acting, I would clearly stick to female roles, although having a woman dress as a man dress as a woman would be pretty interesting. . . I liked that rationalization you came up with from SoA! :-D

I?m currently out of coherent thoughts, so I?ll save my comments on the NJO for tomorrow. See ya then!

16. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Woman dressed as a man dressed as a woman would be interesting.

You claim to be out of coherent thoughts. Lucky you. I don't think I had any to begin with. OF course, if I don't have coherent thoughts, then the fact that I think I don't have any could be an incoherent thought, thusly proving that I do infact have coherent thoughts. However, if I do have coherent thoughts, then the fact that I think I don't have any is a cohereent thought and therefore true.

That does make sense, I swear. Just read it slow. At least, I think it makes sense.

Don't you love circular reasoning.

17. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    LOL ? I actually did understand your coherent vs. incoherent thought debate! I agree ? you have to have some sort of rational thought process to recognize the difference between the two. :-D

OK, I?ve used up my lunch break, so I can?t really stay, but I just wanted to keep this on page one.

18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Mara Jade's club is now over 10,000 by a bit. We have some heavy chaching up to do.

19. hobbie6195

Nov 10, 1999
    LOL. If this thread ever reaches 1000, i'll be a happy man. :)

20. Tyria_Sarkin

Dec 9, 2000
    Only 831 more posts to go to 1000! :)

21. Aphrael

Aphrael Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2000
    *laughs* We've got a ways to go...
    Okay, so the Wraiths are underappriciated. Fine. The others just don't know what they're missing, that's all there is to it.

22. Matara_Healbo

Matara_Healbo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    Now I have three things to look forward to in 2002 and only 2 of them are good ones. The first of course is the Winter Olympics in my home state, Episode II comes out and the Wraiths are back. The only thing that would make that year better is if my older sister got married and left home.

23. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Off of the second page, you.
    *zaps thread with cattle prod*

24. hobbie6195

Nov 10, 1999
    Hey...It just occured to me.

You should change your name to Wraith1-and-a-half. :)

25. Art_Core

Art_Core Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 18, 2000
    I haven't looked into this topic for a while. Yeah, that would make sense if Rogue-1-and-a-half changed it to Wraith-1and-a-half.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.