Wraith Squadron Fan Club

Discussion in 'Literature' started by hobbie6195, Nov 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    Matera, is the quote in your sig from Jerry Jenkins?
  2. hobbie6195 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, we're over 200 now! :)
  3. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    Yep, that calls for celebration. I would have let you have the 200th post, Hobbie, butI didn't even notice. I vote that when the big 1000 gets here that we let hobbie post it since he started it all.
  4. Matara_Healbo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well Rogue 1 and a half, I don't really know what the writers frist name is. I saw it in an English book and I liked it.

Since I didn't get that big of a response from my last question here's a new one. What could you offer Wraith Squadron if you were on it? It can be when they were a fighter unite or Intel which ever you think you would do best in.
  5. WesJansonWannabe Jedi Padawan

Janson is the coolest Wraith. I dont care what everybody else says, Janson rules the galaxy. Kettch is awesome!!! although i bet janson doesnt like ewok food...

6. Matara_Healbo Jedi Knight

star 2
    I might be able to read the entire Wraith Squadron books this weekend and next week because I may have to get my tonsils out. Yes I know I should have had them out a long time ago but our doctor said no. I want them out but I don't because I have so much to do this weekend and next.
  7. hobbie6195 Jedi Knight

star 1
    LOL, Rogue 1.5! Thanks. :)

To answer Matara's question-

Hmmm...Im not really sure. I think it would be cool to be a sharpshooter or somethin'....Recon would be cool, too.
  8. Matara_Healbo Jedi Knight

star 2
    I guess to answer my own question I would say I would be more suited for the intel Wraiths. I'm able to memorize many things with one glance at something, faces are easy for me to recall. I also have no problem with telling a lie. I convinced half the people at one of my jobs that I was adopted, they could believe how serious I was and how I never wanted to see my biological mother because she didn't want me so why should I want her, and other things like that.

Good news though, I don't have to get my tonsiles out over the weekend. I'm sort of glad at that but I also want them out NOW!
  9. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    I think I could be a good bluffer and good with improv like Face and Matera. Although I think I'd make a good sharp shooter.
  10. Matara_Healbo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay Wraiths this was on page 6. Here's a question, why isn't there a Wraith Squadron game out yet? They've got Rogue Squadron, which isn't that hard to beat in the first place. They could have one mission flying the next ground and go from there, Play to each of the Wraiths strengths. As you pass a level you get a new character and each new character can be used on the previous levels as well. You know go threw the missions in the books, go in secretly with the team and each player you get has a different mission as the others. I really hope this makes sense because in my head it does.
  11. Tyria_Sarkin Force Ghost

star 1
    I've never played a Rogue Squadron game (want to, but can never find them in the store) but that made sense! A Wraith Squadron game sounds fun, wish they would come up with one.

I'd say more but I just fried my last brain cell doing algebra homework. To answer the previous question, whatever skills I brought to the Wraiths, it most certainly would not be my mathematical ability (or rather, lack thereof). :)
  12. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    A Wraith game sounds interesting as long as the player is on the ground for most of the time. Rogue Squadron had me crashing and burning left and right.
  13. Matara_Healbo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Once my little brother and I got the Naboo Starfighter we had smooth sailing. My little brother hated it though that I could out fly him at faster speeds and sitll pull out of the dives without crashing the fighter. My favorite though is Battle above Tolleran(sp) I'm usually a squint so the Imps think I'm on their side and they don't shoot at me, I can also weave in and out of the Tabana canisters. I was thinking the game would be more on the lines of Shadow of the Empire, you know a few missions in space and the reast on the ground doing the commando thing mostly. Like with Kell you get to set all the explosives, Face go under cover etc...
  14. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    Yup, that sounds like a good game. I think the reason I was so bad at piloting was I didn't have a real joystick, just one of those little things you move with your thumb. It was interesting.
  15. Matara_Healbo Jedi Knight

star 2
    What's really hard is going from the little joystick for N64 to a regular old pattle of a Play Station. I've been thinking I could be a game designer or something like that. I have so many ideas for really cool games and nothing to do with them, I think next semester for school I'll take some computer graphics classes and see if I'm any good.
  16. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    Sounds like a kick. Maybe one day, I'll pick up a game and see your name on it. Wait a minute! I don't know your name.;)
  17. Matara_Healbo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Don't worry a character in there will no double be named Matara Healbo, will know that way. Okay since the Wraiths have their own little fan club before I posted that my friends and I are starting a book club, well the book that my friend chose is called "Daughter of the Forest" by some lady. Has anyone read it or even heard of it?
  18. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    Never read it or even heard of it.

Okay, here's a link:
    http://www.rebelpilots.com/readyroom
    On this website, with the character bios, the author has placed music that she believes captures the spirit, the character of each person. Personally, I think she did a good job. But here's a question:

What about the Wraiths? What themes should the Wraiths have? Is there a song that makes you think of a certain Wraith or vice versa? I've come up with a few:

Tyria's theme--theme from On Golden Pond. Soft and sweet but kinda sad too. I hear this when Tyria is talking to Kell and Ton about Repness, when she is forced to shoot the A-wing, etc.

Ton's theme--You Light Up my Life. Not the words, just the music. I hear this when I read about Face reading Ton's will.

Face's theme--theme from The Exodus. Sounds crazy but it just works. Achingly sad, but majestic. I hear it when Face is shot and about to die in his X-wing, when Face and Dia dance(I see the camera pulling up and back, lingering with a shot from above as the music swells) and when Face is standing in the river with the speeder bike drifting up beside him( I see Face lift his face to the sky, spread his arms and the music swells)

Long post I know but I was wondering if you have any character themes. Remember, ideally this is music not words that seems to capture a certain Wraith. And feel free to disagree with me on the ones I've named.

Anyone?
  19. YTal_Haathi Jedi Padawan

First... I have to say that Lara Nostil is my fav Wraith. Just the fact that being within the group was enough for her to question her life-long indoctrination made me a huge fan!! :) My sister's and my fave quote is from Lara to Myn at the 'anonymous party'--"Your logic is fuzzy. If you were 0% crazy, you'd be certain you weren't hallucinating. If you were 100% crazy, you'd be equally certain this is real. Only at your current state of 50% insane do you doubt what you see."

Janson & Hobbie's theme should be "Funny Farm" (they're coming to take me away, haha) Even without the words, just that funky beat is enough to imagine the two of them walking through the halls of a ship...kinda loafing around and goofing off.. ;) Lara's theme should be "Druid's Kiss" (I can't remember the artist, but it's kind of soulful and dark--with a D flute & harp--and the first time I listened to it, I was reading the part where she was getting ready to bust out of Iron Fist). A second choice for Lara would be "Fire Walk With Me" from Twin Peaks....

In any case....My sister is a host for AOL... You should check out her hostie profile if you're on AOL too.. It's HOST BXRJM Lara :)
  20. Rouge Null Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What's up in here? I haven't been here in months. As for the skills I would bring, I'd have to say my stellar ability to induce logic loops in the most imaginative people I've met. Example of a logic loop: The Matrix cannot be real because the matrix would not allow itself to be revealed that way, BUT, if the matrix is real it knows that people will accept this arguement. so, is the Matrix for real or not? That and my abilities to act, lie, improv, and my genius level intellect.
  21. Matara_Healbo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well the only music that I listen to when I read the SW books is the Star Wars Trilogy. So I'll listen to more music and figure out who goes with what but I'll get back to you all with it.
  22. Tyria_Sarkin Force Ghost

star 1
    Hmm....music for the Wraiths. Well, the only song I can think of is maybe "Reflection" from the Disney movie "Mulan" for Lara. It could work with or without the lyrics. Well, maybe some of the lyrics. Especially when Lara's having her little identity crisis.

Can't think of anything else right now. Better go listen to some more music. :)
  23. Qui-Gonn Jinn Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh yeah suckas, well I'm in Wraith squadron!

{insert smiley here}
  24. hobbie6195 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, i thought this thread was gone for forever. :)

Ok, music....There's a jazz trumpet player named Maynard Ferguson, and he has a song called Chamaleon. I hear that playing when Janson gets serious after the Wraiths almost got burned alive, and he's charging down the hall towards the stormtroopers.
  25. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    Great responses, everybody.
    *looks around trying to find music*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.