main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Wraith Squadron : Shadowplay" - Double Post May 30

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -thor-, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    theatrejock - Well after all the story has something of a "intelligence thriller" ;) Timing and cliffies need to be part of it. [face_whistling]

jade51999 - Welcome to the madness ;) Enjoy reading and guessing what will happen ...

Mag - Don't laugh too hard or you'll choke on your own tongue. :p [face_laugh]

Jes - Unnerving yes [face_devil] ... it will get even more unnerving on Thursday. Or should I say something interrupts someone's sleep? [face_mischief]

2. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    Is Nanner in the thread because I am getting a distinct sense of despair and foreboding (heavy on the foreboding). Am I correct in thinking that in about 50 hours the fecal matter is going to hit the rotary wind making device?

Well, still confused Thor, you're good at that.... ;)

See ya tomorrow!

Ro

3. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Am I correct in thinking that in about 50 hours the fecal matter is going to hit the rotary wind making device?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] ROFLMAO!

4. CarrKicksDoor

CarrKicksDoor Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    "Right. How could a lowly Jedi expect to best the Wraiths?"

ROFL. Absolutely.

Great post. I liked the Imperial Intelligence meeting in the shop basement.

~Carr

5. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Today poor Wedge is getting his sleep interrupted. Again ... *sigh*

The next call came in the middle of the night, a few minutes past two o'clock. Wedge was still groggy when he entered the conference room at Fleet Command HQ some thirty minutes later.

"Caf, Sir?" A young Ensign handed him a mug with the black steaming liquid.

He nodded his thanks and took a sip. The caffeine hit his nerves like an airspeeder at full throttle and he felt his body respond. The Caf was extraordinarily strong, even stronger than Whistler's [i]'Stomach Disintegrator'[/i] and he couldn't suppress the grimace.

"I know it tastes horribly, but believe me you're going to need it. You need to be awake for the meeting ahead."

Wedge turned around and gave her a curious glance. "What are you doing here, Iella?"

She hid a yawn behind her hand and shrugged. Wedge took a moment to scrutinize her appearance. Her eyes were red from lack of sleep and framed by dark rings and he decided that she needed this Caf even more than he did.

"Cracken knew he would be late for this meeting so he asked me to take his place until he can join us." The grabbed a datapad from her pocket and handed it to Wedge. "He also instructed me to give you this. Rogue Squadron's leave is officially cancelled. Admiral Ackbar and Mon Mothma have agreed to switch to Condition Yellow."

He stared at her in surprise. "Is the situation that grim?"

"I fear it is," she answered nodding. "You should com Tycho and instruct him to call back the Rogues."

He gave her another curious stare, but being a good soldier he chose not to ask further questions. He merely nodded and withdrew into a corner of the room where he could com his Second-in-Command without interruptions.

"[i]? diers of ? ire ? aiting to avenge ? Emper ? hopes ? Thrawn ? ral order ? bel traitors ? war effo ? rely ? loyalit ? lo ? Em ? Palpa ?[/i]"

They had heard the incomplete recording at least ten times now and Wedge didn't find any more sense in it than when he'd heard it for the first time.

"That is confusing," Admiral Bell remarked and shook her head. "That sounds like one of those fancy speeches the Imps love so much. But he doesn't say what they have in mind."

General Crespin put his hands together. "The Imperial Navy never bothered with speeches like that before I defected to the Alliance. I never heard anything like that before."

"They started that after Endor. I suppose they're trying to forgo any moral problems this way," bel Iblis said. "Admiral Ackbar agrees that the Imps are up to something big. The ship movements of the past weeks seem to be connected to this recording." He looked at Iella who was sitting on his right side. "Commander Wessiri. Could you please give us a few more information on the origin of this recording?"

Iella nodded and activated the holo projector of the conference table. "Ladies and Gentlemen, nine hours ago we were informed that an Imperial Fleet was gathered at a deep space meeting point. General Cracken ordered a deep space recon probe to be moved to the coordinates to confirm this information. The recording you just saw is the result of this."

Bel Iblis leaned forward. "Did the probe get any data on the composition of this Imperial Fleet?"

"No, Sir." Iella shook her head. "The probe is still over five hours away from this point. But we have some sensor data from the informant's ship." She pressed a few buttons and a shaky tactical holo appeared over the table. "This ship here is a small freighter, the informant's ship. It stumbled across the Imps by sheer luck. As you can see he immediately turned and attempted to escape so the sensor scans of the capital ships are sketchy at best."

"That's a pretty large Fleet," General Salm remarked and made a rough count. "That have to be thirty or thirtyfive capital ships."

"Our analysts were able to determine the presence of thirtyseven capital ships, three or four are Star Destroyers of various marks."

"What is that here?" Wedge asked and circled a group of dots in the center of

6. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    a little help for reaching 1000! :D

by the way nice up :)

it gets interesting..
    .. Rogue and Wraiths

~Mag~

7. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    ooh nice,

Wedge and Iella in the same room...*grins*

Uh oh..what's gonna happen if they can't get in touch with Myn...hmmm...does Cracken know he's there?

hmmm...

8. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    Fallen Angel to the rescue??????

Not that I have anything aganst Corellia but, heck, let them have it. It's not like Corellia is helping the Republic any.... are they? :confused:

OO I know, Kolot's gonna save them all right????

Right??????

Thor?

Huh, he's gone....

Oh well. I'll catch him next post.

Ro ;)

9. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Mag - Quick one this time. Is your project finished? ;)

And I definitely hope that it is interesting :p

jade51999

Uh oh..what's gonna happen if they can't get in touch with Myn...hmmm...does Cracken know he's there?[hr][/blockquote]

*whispers* You'll see. Next post. :-$

[b]Rowan_Jade[/b] - You expect me to tell you? No way [-(

BTW when you're in the middle of your day I'm already in the land of dreams. That's time zone difference for you :p

10. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    sadly it is not because my sister (she is working with me on it) and I failed :( we have to rework some parts of it.
    And how could it other be the next is to start and I was researching for it and saw that you posted and I took the time to read instead of waiting till I have really time (whenever it would have been ;) ) :D

~Mag~

11. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    *pops back in*

I apologize again for my general incompetency as a faithful reader and reviewer. I can't wait until I graduate in May.

Yikes - lots of things all coming together at once. It's going to be a wild ride here at the climax! Beat back those nasty Imps so they don't get ahold of the Corellian shipyards (that's why the NR has to care, Ro :p ).

And hey, at least they won't have to worry about tracking Myn down to come back from his leave - he's already right in the thick of things. One bright spot. ;)

12. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Mag - Oh! :( Sorry to hear that. Good luck for the second time.

talkingbanana - A wild ride at the climax? You bet! Just five words for you - Many BOOMs, many big BOOMs [face_devil] [face_laugh]

13. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    thank you thor [:D] :)
    currently it looks good, the profs are pleased with it (for now... next week it can be differently)

~Mag~

14. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    A little jumpy your Profs. Are they female by any chance? [face_batting] [face_whistling]

15. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    nope ... they are all male (concerning this project) :p

16. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
  17. CarrKicksDoor

CarrKicksDoor Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    *bounces into thread*

I liked this post...and their problems...for some reason I really liked that part--in a universe of problems that are so foreign to the rest of us, that one seemed more real.

And this line: The Caf was extraordinarily strong, even stronger than Whistler's 'Stomach Disintegrator' and he couldn't suppress the grimace. Beautiful. ;)

~Carr

18. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Actually I got the idea when my boss made such a caf one day when the whole office was yawning all the time. "Before we have some yaw fractures," he said ;)

19. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002

An hour later Wedge entered his own office. He found another jug of Caf on the table and a rather contrite-looking Tycho.

"Sorry, Tycho. Wasn't my idea to call you."

The Alderaanian waved off. "It's part of the package." He yawned and gestured at the Caf. "Want some?"

"No thanks ? they had some really vicious stuff at the meeting and I don't think I want to elude sleep for three days." He shook his head and scratched the back of his head. "Who did you reach?"

Tycho took a sip of his Caf. "Gavin is already on his way back. Inyri is still on Coruscant and will be here in the morning. I also got Hobbie on the line and he will drag Wes away from his parents." He frowned for an instant. "Oh and I got Corran, too."

"I bet he was enthusiastic." Wedge was definitely sarcastic.

"Oh definitely," his Second-in-Command agreed. "It's a pity that I didn't record the whole conversation."

"Why that?"

Tycho shook his head. "That had to be the most complete collection of old Corellian curses I've ever heard."

"Corran?"

"No, Mirax!"

Wedge laughed lightly, but sobered up very fast. "How long?"

Tycho sighed. "At least twentythree hours. Spyra is on the other side of the galaxy." He eyed his friend from the corner of his eyes. "By the way what is the reason for this hullabaloo?"

Wedge gulped. "General Cracken believes the Imps want to take Corellia."

Celchu's eyes grew wide. "Co .. Corellia? Are you sure?"

"I don't know," his friend admitted with a shrug. "But we have reliable evidence of an Imperial Fleet just outside of Republican space and Cracken's people have discovered an Imperial Commando team on Corellia."

"That's pretty vague," Tycho remarked. "Oh by the way there's a problem."

Antilles arched an eyebrow. "A problem?"

"Donos has disappeared. I tried to com him, but he wouldn't answer. I had the com techs scan for his comlink and they found it in his quarters."

Wedge scowled. "He knows he has to bring it along wherever he goes. I'll have to have a word with him."

"Wait ? that's not the best. Then I checked the Spaceport logs ? officially he left the planet with a Cruise Liner towards Borleias, but now it looks as if he never went on board."

"You're trying to say he is not on Coruscant, but he didn't leave the planet the way he said he would?" A sudden suspicion began to worm its way into Wedge's thoughts. [i]Would he ? ? That would be a possibility.[/i]

"Wedge?"

"I have an idea ? but it's going to be awfully complicated." Before he could tell Tycho of his suspicion the door annunciator chimed. "Come in!"

Both Wedge and Tycho rose and saluted. "General Cracken. What are you doing here, Sir?"

Cracken returned the salute and pointed at the chairs. "Sit down, Gentlemen. I have to explain a few additions to the general plan."

"Additions?"

Cracken nodded. "We do not know if the Imps have agents in our higher bureacracy and military. So General bel Iblis and I decided to leave this part out of the general briefing. But before I have to explain something else ? it affects Captain Donos."

Wedge and Tycho exchanged a look but remained silent.

"Captain Donos is already on Corellia and he is assisting the Wraiths on a mission."

"Aha ? " Wedge grinned. "And you're sure he is not 'assisting' a certain redheaded female?"

Cracken paled and he pressed his lips together. "He had the strictest orders not to ?"

Antilles shook his head. "He didn't, General."

Tycho didn't understand a single word. "What is this all about?"

Cracken shot Wedge a look. "Is this room safe?"

He nodded. "Lara Notsil is alive. She's on Corellia."

Tycho's eyes wandered from Cracken to Wedge and back.

"What you don't know is that she has been working for me," Cracken continued. "The Wraiths are also on Corellia but they had a different task. They are currently working together."

Wedge drew in a deep breath. "And there I thought I knew everything." He shook his head. "And what about the 'additions to the plan' ?"

Cracken put his palms together. "Well ? that's a

20. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    thor:

And I definitely hope that it is interesting :p

I am still around, aren?t I :D

Tycho shook his head. "That had to be the most complete collection of old Corellian curses I've ever heard."

"Corran?"

"No, Mirax!"

[face_laugh]

Cracken put his palms together. "Well ? that's a bit complicated." And then he definitely managed to surprise Antilles and Celchu even more.

um... :confused: ... when is it not complicated? :p

great post

~Mag~

21. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Complications are always fun. :D

I'm really enjoying how this is all coming together - I didn't even THINK about how Cracken would tell Wedge that Lara was alive and working for him, but that makes sense now.

Keep up the great work! :)

22. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    AHA!

I knew he knew. And you knew that I knew that he knew. And....I knew that you knew that I knew that he knew....

umm..k..
    great post...i bet what surprised them was Luke's presence....which is always a plus..

are you going to write the scene where Tyria talks to Luke about her Force powers?

Cracken is a devious one..a very very devious man...

23. Sephrenia

Sephrenia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    "Before we have some yaw fractures," he said

I don't know... but I found that incredibly funny LOL

Cracken put his palms together. "Well ? that's a bit complicated." And then he definitely managed to surprise Antilles and Celchu even more.

Well, they shouldn't be... Nothing in Intel is ever not complicated.

Now let us have some explosions [face_dancing]

24. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Mag - You'll understand at some point. It will be a while, but you'll understand what I mean by "complications" ;)

talkingbanana - Well given the circumstances Cracken had to fess up, but I think he would have kept this secret without "the situation" ;)

jade51999 - Actually no. I'm not that much into "that Force mumbo-jumbo" ;) I don't think I could write such a scene.

Sephrenia - Explosions are on the list. It will just take a little bit of time ;) [face_devil]

25. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    :D

I have no problems to understand ;)
    I was only confused about complications because that would have been a first without them :p

oh by the way... when is Kolot coming back? :D

~Mag~

Edit:
    just saw ... one more and you have 800 post... the 1000 are near :D ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.