Beyond "Wraith Squadron : Shadowplay" - Double Post May 30

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -thor-, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Rowan_Jade Force Ghost

star 3
    Oooo, Thor, You're scaring me here!

Complications + Cracken = Big Boomies!!! :D

Starts chanting with Mag "Kolot, Kolot, Kolot, Kolot..."

At least if Corellia is being invaded, Mirax will stop having a problem about Corran getting pulled back. Think she might even wanna help....
  2. -thor- Force Ghost

star 4
    Allright ... 800 done, 200 to go ;)
  3. Jesina_Dreis Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, Thor... [face_blush] *slaps hand* Bad Jes!!

"And there I thought I knew everything."

Wedge, you never, EVER know everything. Not when dealing with Cracken... or, um, anybody, for that matter...
  4. -thor- Force Ghost

star 4
    NP Jes. I just read your "announcement" and I do understand the "DRL issue" just fine.
  5. CarrKicksDoor Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow! I can't wait to find out what Cracken's second surprise is--after being squadmates with Wes Janson, it has to take a lot to surprise the two of them.

Best line: "That had to be the most complete collection of old Corellian curses I've ever heard."

"Corran?"

"No, Mirax!"

Great job!

~Carr [face_good_luck] And Happy St. Patrick's Day from your resident Irish chick!
  6. -thor- Force Ghost

star 4
    St. Patrick's Day? Ah - that is why there was so much hullabaloo at the Pub. ;)

As I realized this part is quite small I just added the next (equally short) one. Have fun ...

The recording device whirred to life and transmitted Admiral Tezzec's face to all the ships of his Task Force.

"Soldiers of the Empire!

For years you have been waiting to avenge the death of our beloved Emperor Palpatine. All of us had placed our hopes on Grand Admiral Thrawn, but he was killed by traitors before he could reestablish the natural order of things. The Rebels might think that we're beaten, that we're at strife and unable to punish them for their treacherous actions. We're going to prove them wrong.

Soldiers, our target is Corellia. They might not have joined the Rebel insurgents, but they didn't fully support the Imperial war effort, either. To us this is still treason. For many many years we have not been able to prosecute their crimes, to show them that the Empire is the only legitimate entity in this galaxy, but finally the time has come to make out the invoice.

I know I can rely on your discipline, your fighting strength, your loyality and your commitment to our cause. I salute you ? pilots, Stormtroopers, Officers and crewmen. Victory is ours! Long live Emperor Palpatine, long live the Empire!"

When the holorecorder was deactivated Moff Gordan clapped his hands in mock applause and grinned from ear to ear. "What a nice speech, Admiral. They're going to read your palm."

Tezzec didn't smile, but gave an exclamation of outmost disgust. "Don't congratulate me, Moff. It is dishonoring enough that I even had to make that speech and I definitely do not need your teasing on top of that."

Gordan was taken aback. "I beg your pardon, Admiral. I didn't think you'd take this as a matter of honor."

Tezzec took a calming breath. "Forgive me, Your Excellency. My outburst was uncalled for. It's just ? Well when I joined the military there was no moral problem, the soldiers were not supposed to have own opinions. In my book they have to fulfill their orders- basta." His shoulders slumped down. "I wish the Emperor was still alive. Back then we Officers only had think about how to carry out his will and not how we were going to make our soldiers follow us. It's so frustrating."

Moff Gordan stared at him in irritation. He'd never seen this side of his faithful paladin, he'd never thought this man was so ingrained in Palpatine's New Order and right now he was unsure what to make out of that information. He had his own thoughts about Palpatine and his own evaluation of the political developments after the Emperor's death. He prefered the 'now' because he had no Force sensitive control-freak hovering over him and therefore was Master in his sector ? whatever he wished would be done. Back then he hadn't dared to act so freely, not after having watched a demonstration of what Palpatine did with Moffs who had displeased him. But he needed Tezzec as he had no military knowledge to speak of and so he chose to keep those thoughts to himself. Instead he chose to turn the conversation back to more important things: "How much longer until we depart?"

Tezzec shook his head to clear his mind from the depressing thoughts and looked at his chrono. "We'll depart in roughly six hours."

"Why that late?"

"Because we have to wait for the planet Drall to pass our inbound vector," Tezzec explained, his momentary emotional low forgotten. "Additionally Corellia will be on our side of the system with Coronet City directly below our entrance point."

Gordan grinned. "Perfect placement. I suggest giving the Nav officer who calculated that a few weeks of special leave."

Tezzec smiled thinly. "Once our operation is successful I plan on giving everyone a week of leave. I heard the Treasure Ship Row is famous for its amusement facilities."

Both men shared a smile and a chuckle as each knew exactly how that was meant.

Wedge saw them first when he passed the second shield. At first they were mere dots in th/>
  7. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    Wedge grinned back. "I'm Commander of Rogue Squadron and have Wes Janson in it. Isn't that enough?"

Bel Iblis laughed again. "Indeed, General. Indeed."

[face_laugh]

great post, thor

~Mag~
  8. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    -thor-

In that one little post you revealed just how good of a storyteller you are.

Not only are the imperials fleshed out but, in the section with Wedge and Bel Iblis you gave incredible insight into how Wedge thinks and his character.

The whole description of the fleet was also very well developed--the intricacy of detail was beneficial.

:)
  9. -thor- Force Ghost

star 4
    Mag - Why did I know you'd like this line :p :D

jade - [face_blush] I am still a bit anxious about writing "certain parts". This one was the base of it ;)
  10. SweetPea Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey thor!! Not quite completely caught up with my marathon read here, but thought I'd let you know I was reading and that I think this is damn awesome. :D

Hope to write a more detailed review later.
  11. -thor- Force Ghost

star 4
    Couldn't find time, eh? ;)
  12. Rowan_Jade Force Ghost

star 3
    Methinks that Tezzec has got himself a darn rigid Imperial PR director. That was quite a speech. I assume whoever wrote it has been spending a massive amount of time at the Imperial Museum on Coruscant. Sounds like the same person who came up with all that garbage!

So the Rogues are all gonna be on time right? It just wouldn't be the same with out the Rogues all out there kickin Imperial buns!

Ro
  13. -thor- Force Ghost

star 4
    [Yoda voice]
    Always in motion the future is.
    [/Yoda voice]

:p
  14. CarrKicksDoor Jedi Knight

star 3
    Bel Iblis arched an eyebrow. "And you want to be a Corellian?"

Wedge grinned back. "I'm Commander of Rogue Squadron and have Wes Janson in it. Isn't that enough?"

Bel Iblis laughed again. "Indeed, General. Indeed."

Oh, that's beautiful.

~Carr
  15. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Force Ghost

star 4
    I started reading this a while ago, but I don't recall posting back then. So I stopped by to make up for that.

I've always had a keen interest in this type of story, and this- I think- is one of the best.
  16. talkingbanana Force Ghost

star 3
    Great job, as always. I can't wait for more! :D
  17. -thor- Force Ghost

star 4
    CKD - *bows* ;)

Prophet - [face_blush]

talkingbanana - More? As ordered ;)

I won't be posting next week as I'm off for some R&R. This week will have two updates as usual.

They were sitting in a small café a few hundred meters away from the Governor's Palace. Runt, Dia, Elassar and Piggy were back at their safe house because they did not really fit into the picture of this district of Coronet City. The sun had made an appearance and the cold weather of the previous days and weeks was only a faint memory.

"They've got steep prices here," Face observed after studying the menu. "Five credits for a mug of Caf. Are the mugs made of gold?"

Myn laughed lightly. "Not really. But this is the in-crowd district of Coronet City and these folks do have enough money. But the food is very good."

Shalla raised an eyebrow at him. "How do you know?"

"My father was Colonel of the CDF. The HQ is just a few blocks away and whenever my mother and I visited him he took us out to lunch or dinner into one of the restaurants here." The smile faded from his face. "I haven't seen them in years."

Kirney reached for his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. He responded with a small valiant smile.

"Why didn't you visit your parents?" Face wanted to know.

Donos shrugged. "After all I am still considered a traitor here. I don't want to put them in danger."

After a while of silence, which was extended by the appearance of the waiting droid who brought their ordered meals and drinks, it was Luke who spoke up first again. "So is there a chance to get an official audience with Gallamby?"

Donos shrugged. "I don't know. I haven't been paying attention to the public relations of the Diktat."

When all gazes turned to the redheaded woman on his side she held her hands up in defense. "Sorry ? same here," she admitted with a lopsided smile.

Face played the indignant one. "And you want to be an Intel agent?"

Kirney mock glowered at him. "Listen flyboy, I'm just a spotless citizen of this wonderful planet. I have my business and I have my own problems to deal with ? why should I care what the ruler of Corellia does after getting up?" she retorted in her best Corellian accent.

Face chose to play her game. "Amateur," he snorted.

"Boaster."

"Part-time agent."

"Narcist."

"Madwoman."

That went on a few more times, at least until a new voice interrupted the two of them. "And you accuse me of being immature?"

Kell and Tyria stood behind them and tried hard not to grin.

"Ah! Hi you two. Found anything?"

Tyria smirked. "You're a lousy actor, One. I wonder why the Imps took you on all those years ago."

"Perhaps that's why they took him on ? the plots were lousy and they needed a lousy actor to play them," Kell added grinning.

Face turned away, crossed his arms and pouted. "I'm not going to talk to you anymore."

Now Shalla had enough. She glared at Tyria and Kell and pointed at two empty chairs. "Sit down, now!" Turning to Face the added another glare. "Stop pouting, One."

Loran shook his head. "How can you be so horribly serious all the time? Haven't you learned anything over the years?"

She smiled cryptically. "Oh trust me, I have."

"I don't like when you look like that," he muttered. "And what?"

"That you old scandalmonger shouldn't be let loose without a muzzle. So shut up now or should I go looking for a pet shop to buy one?" Her face had taken on a somewhat ominous expression and Face was beginning to wonder if she really meant what she'd said. In the end he decided not to test her.

He sighed and looked at Kell. "Your report, Five."

Kell grinned. "Yes, Sir, Poster Boy, Sir."

"Leave it," Shalla warned.

"We talked to the guards," Tyria spoke up and gave Kell's hand a warning squeeze. "They were not very talkative, but that was to be expected. There is an information holo at the main entrance. Pretty basic stuff about the history of the building, a few previous Diktats and some other stuff mainly for tourists. I didn't see any hints that Gallam/>
  18. talkingbanana Force Ghost

star 3
    Oooooooh, now it gets even more complicated. Fun stuff. :)

I enjoyed the name-calling, that amused me.

And I must say, I love your Luke and the way the Wraiths treat him - you've nailed the naive farmboy part of him, and it's funny to see the Wraiths treating him like a child rather than the other way around. :)

Keep up the great work! :D
  19. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    I won't be posting next week as I'm off for some R&R. This week will have two updates as usual.

:( for no ups next week

hope you have fun :)

"They've got steep prices here," Face observed after studying the menu. "Five credits for a mug of Caf. Are the mugs made of gold?"

:D

Face chose to play her game. "Amateur," he snorted.

"Boaster."

"Part-time agent."

"Narcist."

"Madwoman."

[face_laugh]

Kell grinned. "Yes, Sir, Poster Boy, Sir."

[face_laugh]

"Rostek Horn, former Chief of CorSec and Corran Horn's grandfather."

o_O

great up!
    the conversation... only great... very funny :D

~Mag~
  20. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What's been said above..

It is interesting how the Wraiths are treating Luke--ahh shows how different Jedi tactics and spy tactics are...

that's why the poor boy keeps getting caught when he tries to infiltrate places :)

and the name calling :) *grin*
  21. theatrejock Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, -thor-, it's still good, and I'm just getting cought up again. The bit with Shalla yelling at the others was funny, and the "Yeah, and I'm Han Solo" line made me laugh.

Godd work!
  22. SweetPea Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Wraith banter is just too, too funny! [face_laugh]

"Ah! Hi you two. Found anything?"
    Tyria smirked. "You're a lousy actor, One. I wonder why the Imps took you on all those years ago."
    "Perhaps that's why they took him on ? the plots were lousy and they needed a lousy actor to play them," Kell added grinning.
    Face turned away, crossed his arms and pouted. "I'm not going to talk to you anymore."

Hehehehehhehe....

Like your Luke here. He still can be a farmboy sometimes... ;)

"Rostek Horn, former Chief of CorSec and Corran Horn's grandfather."
    Innnnnnteresting.... [face_thinking]
  23. -thor- Force Ghost

star 4
    talkingbanana -

I enjoyed the name-calling, that amused me. - That is why I wrote it :p :D

And I must say, I love your Luke and the way the Wraiths treat him - you've nailed the naive farmboy part of him, and it's funny to see the Wraiths treating him like a child rather than the other way around. - I couldn't see them being deferential. They just lack any of the "Yes, Sir! - No, Sir!" stuff of the regular units.

*hands Mag an oxygen mask* Here - inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale ... Don't laugh too hard or you might suffocate :p ;)

Jade51999 - See above. I just can't see the Wraiths behaving differently. It's their "medicine" against stress.

theatrejock - :)

SweetPea - Glad you liked it. :)
  24. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    *hands Mag an oxygen mask* Here - inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale ...

*inhales, exhales, inhales, exhales*

8-} 8-}

what is that stuff, oxygen it is not... :p

8-} 8-}

~Mag~
  25. -thor- Force Ghost

star 4
    *looks at writing on the gas bottle*

Whoops! I accidently took the Stokhli stungas ... :eek: :p [face_whistling]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.