main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Wraith Squadron : Shadowplay" - Double Post May 30

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -thor-, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    *looks at writing on the gas bottle*

Whoops! I
    accidently took the Stokhli stungas ... :eek: :p [face_whistling]

:eek:

8-} [face_laugh] 8-}

sure accidently :p ;)

8-} [face_laugh] 8-}

~Mag~

2. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Of course ... You don't want to insinuate I'd do this on purpose, do you? [face_devil]

3. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    did I say that? O:) :p :D

8-}
    *still confused because of gas*
    8-}

~Mag~

4. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    *snrk*

Wraith banter is the best thing in the galaxy I'm here to tell ya.

One of the main reasons I like all the X-Wing books more than the rest of the profic books is the banter. The easy way they just picked up the rope and pulled. The way they all got along with each other by teasing each other mercilessly. That whole amazing sense of cohesion and family. Ain't nothing like it!

And you my friend have once again proven that your writing style is JUST as good as the profics.

Well, enjoy R&R, ease your mind, and WRITE MORE!!!!

See ya when ya get back...
    Ro

5. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Not so quick Rowan_Jade - there's still one for this week. ;)

"Horn Manor."

Loran and Skywalker exchanged a look when the voice came from the tiny speaker. "We would like to talk to Mister Horn."

"Rostek Horn is a very busy man. You will have to give me a sufficient reason to disturb him."

Face leaned closer to the microphone. "We have information about a planned assassination against leading members of the Corellian society."

The speaker remained quiet for a few seconds. Face didn't know if from surprise or if their dialog partner was wondering if these guys were nuts.

Suddenly the gate swung open. "Follow the road towards the main entrance. I'm awaiting you there."

Both men moved forward and only turned for an instant when the gate was closed again.

"[i]Horn Manor[/i]?" Face mocked. "Being ex-Chief of CorSec must have its merits."

"That coming from you?" Luke arched an eyebrow. "Don't tell me your family on Pantolomin does not live in an equally big house."

"Sure they do. But we don't call it the [i]Loran Manor[/i]," Face replied casually. The new house had been one of the things he'd given to his parents after [i]Win or Die[/i]. His guts were still twisting when he remembered the sum the Empire had given him for this particular holo ? twenty million Imperial Credits.

Just then the 'house' came in view and Skywalker couldn't suppress an admiring whistle.

Face on the other hand remained largely unaffected. "Nice hut," he commented laconically. After all he was more used to the luxuries the galaxy could offer than the Jedi Knight and former moisture farmer from Tattooine. "A bit showy for my taste but still a nice hut."

A mid-sized man wearing a stiff black suit and white gloves was waiting for them at the main entrance. He suspiciously scanned them from head to toe and back before giving way into the building.

The entrance hall was an amazing combination of multiple stoneworks, polished wood and expensive fabrics. Ancient tapestries were hanging on the walls and in the middle of the room the floor showed the old emblem of CorSec in red and black marble. The house was obviously constructed with representation in mind.

"Your weapons, Gentlemen." The servant had turned and held out his hands. Both Face and Luke unstrapped the blaster holsters and handed over the weapons. Once they were safe inside a marvelously hidden compartment in a niche of the hall they were led to the back of the building and onto a broad porch where their host was waiting.

Rostek Horn was an old man, closer to eighty than seventy, but his hair was still full and he looked extremely lively for his age. As he turned Luke noted his grey eyes, the zest for life they were reflecting, and the small spark of rogueishness that twinkled in them from time to time. Suddenly he felt a small emotional shockwave coming from Rostek Horn and he noted that his eyes had widened a bit when he realized who one of his guests was.

Horn won his composure back within a second. "Thank you, Tosruk. You may return to your duties." Then he pointed at the big garden behind the house and smiled at Face and Luke. "It's such a nice weather out there, gentlemen. How about discussing the problem in my green house. There are a few new cross breedings I'd like to show you."

Once inside the structure of dura- and transparisteel Rostek turned and bowed formally. "It's an honor to meet you, Jedi Skywalker."

Face gasped but Luke merely smiled. "I felt your little 'outburst'. You have an amazing control over your emotions, Director Horn. But I wonder how you recognized me." His hair was not the sandy blonde the galaxy was used to. One of Karrde's men had dyed it black and had changed the haircut to a more military style.

"Your eyes," Horn returned smiling. "They are most [i]sui generis[/i]." Then he turned to Loran. "And your friend here is ?"

Face bowed politely. "Captain Garik Loran, New Republic Intelligence."

Horn blinked. "Loran? 'The Face'? I thought you were dead."

Face grinned wryly. "Reports

6. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    :) happy Easter to you too

*[face_laugh] after she imagined Rosteks face when he got told about Corran and Mirax*

me like

have fun next week :D

see ya in three I am away then...

~Mag~

7. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    HA HA!

That's great!

:) Rostek is such a wit. I liked the discussion of Face and Rostek's homes...:)

Oh and ....not sure I could be wrong ...I think Corran's GF name is Nejaa not Neeja :)

Have a great vacation.

8. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    EEEEKK!!!! :eek: :oops:

Thanks jade ... I completely missed that.

9. CarrKicksDoor

CarrKicksDoor Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Darn it, I missed a post again. *le sigh*

"They've got steep prices here," Face observed after studying the menu. "Five credits for a mug of Caf. Are the mugs made of gold?"

ROFL! I love it.

"Amateur," he snorted.

"Boaster."

"Part-time agent."

"Narcist."

"Madwoman."

The best, there -thor-, the absolute best.

Rostek! I love Rostek!

"Nice hut," he commented laconically. After all he was more used to the luxuries the galaxy could offer than the Jedi Knight and former moisture farmer from Tattooine. "A bit showy for my taste but still a nice hut."

You have to love Face. For this too: Face grinned wryly. "Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated."

"My my, Corran," he muttered absent-mindedly. "You're braver than I thought."

ROFL!!!!!!

Great post. Can't wait to see what happens next.

~Carr

10. bkwormlisa

bkwormlisa Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2005
    Just wanted to say that I like the story, and I'm looking forward to reading more.

11. Sephrenia

Sephrenia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Face on the other hand remained largely unaffected. "Nice hut," he commented laconically. After all he was more used to the luxuries the galaxy could offer than the Jedi Knight and former moisture farmer from Tatooine. "A bit showy for my taste but still a nice hut."

Hut? Heh, Face's manor must be so much bigger :)

And so that's how Rostek finds out who is his granddaughter-in-law. :)

12. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    I know I know ... it's been a long break. But hey - I needed it ;)

Inyri Forge was not a happy woman. Not at least when you cancelled her vacation. "I really enjoyed my time away from all those maniacs in the squadron."

Tycho smiled sourly. "Let me guess ? the person you have in mind has the initials [i]WJ[/i]."

Inyri pretended to be surprised. "How did you know?"

"Remember you're not the only target of his pranks. I actually enjoyed my time off, too."

She shrugged. "And they called us back because Cracken made a [i]guess[/i] on the Imp's plans?"

"You could say that," Tycho mumbled. He was not in the mood to have a discussion like that.

She rolled her eyes. "I thought the NRI was an Intelligence Service and not a bunch of Agamarian fortunetellers."

Tycho bit back a smile and threw her a surreptitious glance. He'd known her for years and he had learned to read her behaviour with increasing ease - he could tell she was dramatizing things. "Last time I checked the NRI had a few of those on their payroll," he joked.

Inyri arched an eyebrow. "Are you trying to be funny, Colonel?"

"Me?" Tycho pretended innocence. "Why should I?"

He was spared her answer when the door swished open and Wes and Hobbie entered the office.

"Ever heard something about knocking before going into a room?" Tycho asked. Then he noticed it - something was not right. Wes seemed meek, almost embarrassed while Hobbie was struggling to keep the grin off his face. It was as if the two inseparable friends had switched places. "Are you two ok? You seem ... changed."

A shade of red appeared on Janson's cheeks and Hobbie's smile widened. "Oh we just had a rather [i]interesting[/i] vacation," the latter informed them.

"Hobbs," Wes half-threatened. "You [i]don't[/i] want to discuss that in detail here."

Tycho and Inyri exchanged a perplexed glance.

Hobbie feigned surprise. "I don't?"

"Not if you value your life."

Suddenly Inyri was [i]very[/i] interested. "Come on, Klivian. Tell us - I swear I'll protect you." To call the look she directed at Janson mischievous would be an understatement.

Wes glowered at Hobbie. "[i]Don't ... you ... dare[/i]," he snarled, accentuating every single word.

But Hobbs was not intimidated in the least. "If you ever really, really need a good laugh you [i]have[/i] to get to know Wes's mother. The welcome was absolutely comical." He took a step back and adopted a rather feminine posture, obviously exaggerating. "Ah, my little baby boy is back," he piped in a high-pitched voice and clapped his hands. "Come to your Mommy my little darling."

Wes went bright red and lowered his head while Inyri collapsed into the chair and laughed so hard she was close to suffocating. Tycho put up a valiant fight against the laughter that threatened to burst out of him, but he could not stop a few chortling sounds from getting out.

"Has my little sweetheart been a good boy?" Hobbie continued his little performance and obviously enjoyed Janson's discomfort. "Why do I even ask? I know he has been a good boy, my Wes, my little darling."

"Mercy!" The faint gasp came from Inyri who was both laughing and trying to extricate herself from the chair.

Just then the com beeped. Tycho wiped a few tears out of his eyes and answered. "Colonel Celchu."

"Have you been laughing?" Wedge's voice came though the speakers. "It seems I have to rethink your daily schedule."

"That's [i]not[/i] funny, General." Tycho scowled. "What can I do for you?"

"Ah, the joys of a superior rank," Wedge quipped. "I just wanted to know if Wes and Hobbie are already on Coruscant."

Inyri coughed loudly to keep herself from bursting out laughing again. Wes shot her a stern glare and made a cut-throat-gesture with his right hand.

"As it happens," Tycho said with a hint of his best Commander's tone in his voice and threw warning glares at Inyri and Wes, "they just came through the door."

"Excellent. Wes - meet me in Conference Room FR 58754 on level 283. There is a matter I have to discuss with you." Wedge

13. Stars_Guitar

Stars_Guitar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    *delurks*

I wonder how much money Wes has won and lost in his various betting pools...

*wonders*

anyway, I liked this chapter. In fact I like the whole story so far. Maybe I should start reading this permantly... hmmmm...

14. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Chortles along with Inyri and Tycho...

Guffaws with Hobbie

and just ROTFLAMO about Wes cashing in on that bet..

ha-ha!

funny funny.

good job!

15. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Stars Guitar - Ah a lurker. Looks like I need to dig out my trusty Lurker Detection Equipment again :p ;)

jade51999 - ;)

16. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm sorry for the break, but I'm suffering from two things:

a) Darth Writer's Block :(
    b) general tiredness.

I promise to post a new part tonight, though.

17. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    As promised here's the next part. I hope there are still a few readers left :(

Corran turned around with his seat and looked at Whistler who was sitting in his alcove. "No buddy. I don't think Wedge called us back because he doesn't want us to have a real vacation."

"And he knows I'd kill him if he did," Mirax added half-darkly. "What do you think happened?"

"You want my [i]real[/i] opinion?" Her husband arched an eyebrow. "I think Fey'lya saw a ghost and needs us to keep the bad spirits away. The Empire is dead, Thrawn is dead and the other figures over there are fighting over their parts of the fat Bruallki."

Mirax frowned. "And you don't think the Council decided to take a few bits of the Bruallki themselves?"

"No way!" Corran shook his head. "Ackbar and bel Iblis would quarter the person who suggested it immediately. Though Fey'lya would be the kind of opportunist to think about something like that."

Mirax smiled sarcastically. "Good to see that this Bothan furball has that many fans."

A few seconds later she pushed the lever of the Hyperdrive and the blueish whirl of colours was replaced by the familiar picture of the town-world Coruscant. "There we are," she half-joked. "Home sweet home."

Corran didn't answer but stared at something to his right. "They were definitely not joking," he finally stated somewhat gravely. "At three o'clock."

Mirax turned the [i]Skate[/i] to starboard and was rewarded with a glimpse of the massive Republic fleet just as it jumped to Hyperspace. She looked at her husband. "It's worse than we thought, isn't it?"

Before Corran could answer the com beeped. "Wedge Antilles hailing [i]Pulsar Skate[/i]. Skate come in."

"Yes," Corran muttered dejectedly. "It [i]is[/i] worse." He flipped a switch and Wedge's holo appeared over the tiny console in the middle of the cockpit. "I suppose I can forget my tirade about cancelled vacations, General. What's up?"

"I'd rather discuss that in person and not via the com," Wedge evaded. "Just bring the [i]Skate[/i] down to Sivantlie Base, platform Kappa 8."

Mirax arched an eyebrow. "I thought civilian ships aren't allowed there."

Antilles grimaced. "That's one of the things I have to explain. See you in a few. Antilles out." The holo went dark.

Wedge hadn't made many words when he welcomed them at the landing platform. But Corran and Mirax wondered why he asked both of them to follow him and leave the [i]Skate[/i] to the techs at the platform. Just before entering the base Mirax turned around and was stunned to see them attaching fuel lines to the ship. Her husband gave a shrug. Wedge would tell them soon. At least he hoped so.

Mirax on the other hand was not as patient. She caught up with Wedge and inquired: "You don't want to tell us why our vacation was cancelled?"

"I will," he said curtly abut didn't look at her. "But not here."

She shook her head. "If you keep doing this I am really going to be worried."

Wedge gave her a curious look. "If I keep doing what?"

Mirax rolled her eyes. "Being as talkative as a smuggler during a CorSec interrogation."

Corran snorted but refrained from making further comments. Wedge didn't answer either but turned to a door and entered a five-digit code to open it. When Corran saw who was already inside the conference room he gave a silent whistle. Things were beginning to turn interesting.

"Better late than never." The voice pierced Corran's cocoon of inner peace and he turned towards the speaker only to realize that he wasn't hearing things.

"Bror Jace. I hadn't expected to see you again anytime soon. How come you're off your muggy rock and on Coruscant?"

"Training recruits was too boring for him and dealing with those bureaucrats was nerve-wrecking. So he fled and is seeking for some action." Pash grinned broadly and grasped Corran's outstretched hand. "Hello Mirax," he added and smiled.

"For once Cracken junior is right," Jace said a little gleefully. "I needed a break from those meetings and budget conferences and a visit to Coruscant was

18. Stars_Guitar

Stars_Guitar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    At least you got off the block :) good job.
    But this isn't the offical briefing? Man... Keeping us in suspense is what this is. Cruel and unusal :p

19. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Well sg - the Block is still there. I just have a few more posts ready. But as it looks noone else cares :( :(
    Maybe I'll have to reduce posting to once a week again.

Whoever had come up with the ancient prejudice that CorSec agents are neither clever nor quick and precise with their work had obviously not known Rostek Horn. In spite of his age and the little negligable fact that he had retired years ago he called Luke back only a few hours after their short meeting. To add to their surprise at his swift work he even managed an appointment with Diktat Gallamby for the late afternoon of that day.

That gave them a few troubles, though. Of course the invitation was for Luke and Face only, but the rest of the team would be nearby in case Gallamby didn't want to talk. They would be able to support the escape of the contact team from the Palace and then blast their way out of Corellia somehow. The trouble was that they had packed away all the equipment already and needed to get it out of its hiding space. Myn and Kirney had to get back to their house and gather the sniper rifle and a few other technical gadgets.

Myn had disappeared up to the waist in the small compartment below the freshwater tank in one of Kirney's old agricultural buildings. "Have you seen the XSG-1?" his muted voice emitted from the small hole.

Kirney blinked. When it came to sniping Myn was practically married to his own specially adapted rifle. He'd rather cut off his hand than use a different weapon. "XSG-1? Why would you want to use that rifle? Is yours faulty?"

He withdrew his head from the room below him and shot her an exasperated glare. "I cannot detach the barrel and the butt from my weapon. At least not without dismantling the whole gun. So I'd have to carry it in the rifle case and I can definitely tell you that carrying such a thing at Governor's Plaza No 1 is tantamount to suicide. Because the CSF guards will shoot first and ask later. The XSG-1 can be demounted into several pieces and I can carry it in a normal backpack."

She held up her hands in defense. "Hey hey, no need to snipe me. It should be in the right corner near the bottom."

Myn gave her an apologetic look and disappeared back into the weapons storage.

Kirney sighed quietly and opened an old locker. She pushed the shabby old clothes aside and twisted a certain piece at its back. The back plate disappeared to the right and gave way into another hidden compartment. She rummaged through its contents and finally grabbed a small rectangular device, roughly the size of a standard Imperial blastpack. She hastily shoved it into her own backpack and hid it below a cloak she'd packed for the case of sudden rain. She didn't know if she'd need it, and she hoped she would not need it, but she decided not to test their luck.

"Aha!" A triumphant Myn drew himself out of the weapons compartment and shoved the heavy cover back into its place. "I knew it was there."

Kirney crossed her arms and regarded him in amusement. "Me, too. Remember who packed the stuff in there?"

He rolled his eyes and shoved the demounted rifle into his own backpack. "Come on, love. We've got to hurry a bit or we'll be late for the appointment with Gallamby."

They turned top leave but stopped when they saw someone standing in the door. Judging by the look on his face they knew they had a problem. A [i]furry-roughly-a-meter-in-height-and-very-angry-Ewok[/i] problem.

Kirney exchanged a look with Myn and asked: "What's up Kolot?"

"You no go," the Ewok growled and pointed at them. "Myn no go, Kirney no go."

She blinked. "I beg your pardon?"

"Kolot say no go. No your problem. You not need to go there." The Ewok crossed his arms and glared at them. "Kirney no responsible for Re-pub-lic mission, Kirney responsible for Slane Transports." He looked at Myn and gave him a penetrating glare. "And you responsible for Kirney."

Myn nodded solemnly. "I know. And I swear I'll protect her."

Kolot sighed, a sound halfway in between a growl and exhaling. "Kolot no want you to g

20. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Ahh the Ewok orders the humans around.

Such is the order of life.

:)

21. Jedi_Astryd

Jedi_Astryd Jedi Master star 1

Mar 24, 2002
    I just wanted to let you know that I am reading. I think this story is great. I just don't post, and I am trying to stay away from the boards so I don't get spoiled for ROTS.

22. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    NP you two. I will keep posting, but I have realized I'm not having enough posts ready to keep my 2-posts-a-week schedule. I'll switch to once a week and will post on Wednesday.

23. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    *runs into thread*

Hi :)

I am back from my trip to Italy and I missed THREE posts ... (my excuse for not being around the last 14 days ;) ).

Inyri Forge was not a happy woman. Not at least when you cancelled her vacation.

who will be amused about that?

Tycho smiled sourly. "Let me guess ? the person you have in mind has the initials WJ."

[face_laugh]

She rolled her eyes. "I thought the NRI was an Intelligence Service and not a bunch of Agamarian fortunetellers."

[face_laugh] :p ;) :D [face_laugh]

A shade of red appeared on Janson's cheeks and Hobbie's smile widened. "Oh we just had a rather interesting vacation," the latter informed them.

*giggles*

But Hobbs was not intimidated in the least. "If you ever really, really need a good laugh you have to get to know Wes's mother. The welcome was absolutely comical." He took a step back and adopted a rather feminine posture, obviously exaggerating. "Ah, my little baby boy is back," he piped in a high-pitched voice and clapped his hands. "Come to your Mommy my little darling."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

and no breathing mask this time ;) :p :D

"Has my little sweetheart been a good boy?" Hobbie continued his little performance and obviously enjoyed Janson's discomfort. "Why do I even ask? I know he has been a good boy, my Wes, my little darling."

"So," Tycho directed a question at Hobbie once the door was closed again. "What else did happen on your little trip?"

Hobbie grinned. "Quite a lot ..."

*grins like mad*

;) :D

"Oh I just remembered that the Wraiths owe me a lot of money. We had a bet on how long Myn and Lara would stick together."

Wedge pretended indignation. "You had a bet running? Why didn't you tell me?"

hehehe

As promised here's the next part. I hope there are still a few readers left :(

awww...

[:D]

promise to try to review on regular basis again :D

Mirax rolled her eyes. "Being as talkative as a smuggler during a CorSec interrogation."

:D :)

Corran turned towards his wife and grimaced. "I want to go back to Spyra."

:)

Wraiths and Rogues together yay!!!!

Well sg - the Block is still there. I just have a few more posts ready. But as it looks noone else cares :( :(
    Maybe I'll have to reduce posting to once a week again.

Me cares... but as I already told you weeks back and at the beginning of the post I was away for 14 days...

thor, smile again :)

*nudges*

Kolot sighed, a sound halfway in between a growl and exhaling. "Kolot no want you to go. Kolot not want see you harmed." Even more quiet he added: "Kolot noone has beside. No want to see you hurt."

aww...

cute?ish :D

A sudden silence followed which lasted a few seconds. Suddenly the Ewok looked up again, the fire in his eyes back. "Kolot go with you." It sounded like an order.

tatatataaaaa...

yay! :D :) :D

"Kolot go with you. Can no sit here, no want worry sick. Don't try fool Kolot, Kolot know things can go wrong."

Beechawawa

yub yub for Kolot

[face_laugh]

Kolot commands the humans...

[face_laugh]

greatly done, thor

~Mag~

24. CarrKicksDoor

CarrKicksDoor Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Ah, having to catch up again. I have a good reason this time...I've been deathly ill.

Wedge pretended indignation. "You had a bet running? Why didn't you tell me?"

LOL! I love it.

"Bror Jace. I hadn't expected to see you again anytime soon. How come you're off your muggy rock and on Coruscant?"

Bror! Yay Bror! He was always fun.

"And there I thought they had finally realized that we really need a leave. I feel betrayed."

Welcome to my world.

Judging by the look on his face they knew they had a problem. A furry-roughly-a-meter-in-height-and-very-angry-Ewok problem.

Oh, that's beautiful. Never mess with the Ewok.

Great job, thor! *thwacks DWB for him*

~Carr

25. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    As Maggy already got my reply at the other place [face_mischief] I'll just stick to CKD ;)

Ah, having to catch up again. I have a good reason this time...I've been deathly ill.

????????????????????? :eek: ?????????????????????

Bror! Yay Bror! He was always fun.

I'd rather say annoying :p

So here'S the post for this week ...

"Kettch?" Dia was not quite sure if their senses were fooling her. Her eyes darted towards the Ewok, then back at Myn and Kirney looking for help, for a sign that her sanity hadn't disappeared into space.

"No, Kolot." Kolot seemed to be rather embarrassed than angry. A definite improvement.

Face stuck his head into the hall. He blinked when he got sight of Kolot and raised an eyebrow. "Why did you bring him along?"

Kirney sighed. "He invited himself. Once he has gotten something into his head there is no thing in the galaxy to change his mind." She shrugged, a gesture that was half irritated, half resigned.

Face laughed. "I guess he needs a com and a callsign, too?"

"No," Myn disagreed and shook his head. "He vowed to protect his Captain. He'll just stick close to her."

"Is that wise? I mean an Ewok on Corellia is not a usual sight."

Kolot stepped forward: "Try and make Kolot stay." The threat was impossible to miss and Face raised his hands in defense.

"Hey, hey. I was just thinking loudly."

"Can someone please pinch me? I think I'm dreaming." Dia had found her voice again.

Kolot opted for another solution and kicked her shin. "Better?" he growled.

"Ouch!" Dia rubbed the stinging spot.

"If you remember Piggy's story and what I made up about Lieutenant Kettch you have Kolot's history," Face threw in. "Just to shorten the dialog by a few parsecs."

"Why does that Ewok wear a blaster?" a new voice inquired from behind. The rest of the Wraiths had assembled at the bottom of the stairs and was studying their new visitor with blatant curiosity.

"Allright," Face intoned. "Let me make the introductions. This is Kolot, as you can see a male Ewok. He was robbed from his village on Endor as a baby and put through the same transformation process as Piggy." He swept his arm across the Wraiths. "Kolot, this is the rest of our team. You already know Kell, the woman next to him is Tyria, then comes Shalla, Elassar, Piggy and Runt."

Kolot gave a curt nod. "Can we go now?"

"We can and we should," Myn said pointing at his wrist chrono. "I suppose we shouldn't be late."

At the back of the gaping group Kell leaned over to Tyria and whispered: "Be careful. That little guy likes to tip over vases over people."

She gave him a curious look but did not ask for details.

The crowd in front of the bulletin board in the cantina was growing bigger every minute. The anger, the desperation and the fury of these people were hanging in the large hall like a thick cloud. Their employer had laid off a few thousand people this year already, but the big leaflet hanging on the board was far worse.

[blockquote][hr][i]Colleagues!

I have just received very unfortunate news from our management. Due to the bad order situation CorMEX is forced to cut personnel costs by fifty percent. Which effectively means we will loose more than twentythousand jobs within the next six months. The CEO said, that either the company lays off that many people or it will be bancrupt in less than a year.

The Worker's Council[/i][hr][/blockquote]

"These sithspawned sons of a b****," a man in the typical blue working suit suddenly exclaimed. "Who do they think we are? Numbers? Credits to shove around various bank accounts?"

The other workers around him murmured their agreement. They didn't know him, maybe he was from another shift or they hadn't seen him so far. It was impossible to know every member of your shift in a company that employed close to a hundred thousand people.

"What is the management supposed to do?" another man from the back yelled. "There is no market to sell the components as long as the Diktat seals off Corellia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.