main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Wraith Squadron : Shadowplay" - Double Post May 30

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -thor-, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    [face_mischief] it was fun reading it again :D

und das Porjekt... no mal :_|

~Mag~

2. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Awwwww .... poor Maggy. Already feeling better?

3. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    yub :) :D

you always have to look at the bright side of life ;) :D

(or try to do so)

sich über die Professoren zu ärgern hat eh keinen Sinn da bekommt man nur Magenschmerzen und Kopfschmerzen.

~Mag~

4. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Rabble Rousers!

This cannot be good

5. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Well ... bad news first. I am going to post much less constantly than before, but I must admit that I am not making any progress with "Shadowplay". It's not Darth Writer's Block, but a load of plot bunnies that just forced me to start my next project prematurely (Maggy knows what I'm talking about [face_mischief] ). I hope to get on with Shadowplay rather sooner than later, but I don't know when that will be. I promise not to leave it unfinished, though. I already know a few things about key scenes later - it's all the stuff in between that causes the trouble [face_beatup]

Luke and Face met Rostek Horn in another back alley where they entered his speeder. Tosruk, who seemed to be Horn's bodyguard, butler, chauffeur and secretary - or better his gofer - in one person, guided the vehicle through a few small roads back on the main boulevard and towards their target.

"Do you have any weapons with you?" Horn inquired. "It would be better not to bring any."

"I am unarmed," Face said and looked at Skywalker. "Where's your lightsaber?"

Luke seemed to shrink a bit. "Back on Coruscant. I left it with Artoo," he admitted. "I didn't think I'd need it. After all I wasn't supposed to run into trouble and there are rather few people in the galaxy who carry one."

Horn chuckled. "Neeja was thinking along the same lines. He never carried his saber unless he was expecting problems."

Face looked puzzled. "Regardless ? a Jedi without lightsaber?" He shuddered.

"We have the Force," Luke said. "We're never unarmed."

Rodrik Talob kept his face straight as he read the report. Gallamby had called him and Micamberlecto to his office and had handed them a datapad each. His preconditioned mind was scanning through the possible explanations ? a rebel terrorist cell, rebel sympathizers, crime lords. It had to be one of these.

[i]? Blaster Rifles ? military com equipment ? professional scrambler code ?[/i]

Talob was not sure what Gallamby wanted. He kept himself from looking up, but he could feel the older man's searching gaze on him. He was a rather quick reader and he'd been through the initial chapters of the report a while back. Nothing so far had roused his interest, but something told him there was more to this little reading session than mere information. Was it a test, a test to see if any of them had been involved? He forced himself to continue reading. Analyses of the blasting agent, plans of the charges, diagrams and other scientific stuff filled the next pages and he found himself getting bored. When this was a test what was expected from him?

Suddenly his eye caught a link. [i]Photofit Picture see Appendix 15[/i] ? He opened the link and felt his heart freeze. He struggled to keep up the impassive mask but he could also feel the blood leave his cheeks. [i]Sithspawn![/i]

"As I see you also know this particular man," Gallamby's quiet voice pierced through the silence. The Diktat leaned forward and tilted his head. "Say, Councilor, isn't that a personal friend of yours?"

Talob swallowed. What did the old fool want him to say? "Possibly, yes. The picture ? the picture bears a certain resemblence to ? "

"Governor-Ambassador Mikdo Ellias," Gallamby threw in. His voice was light but Talob couldn't shake the feeling of being a Nerf eyeballing a Taopari.

"Yes, Sir." Talob's own voice was meek. Mikdo involved in something like that? Mikdo dead? Impossible!

Gallamby remained calm and composed. "So I have to wonder why he was found at the site of a criminal, a possibly terrorist operation. And especially why he was the one to trigger pre-planted explosive charges," he went on, his voice an example of control and sovereignty.

Talob's head came up and he slowly fastened his eyes on the Diktat. "Are you trying to insinuate that I knew of this operation? That I was planning a coup d'état?"

Gallamby remained silent for a long time and was thoughtfully watching the younger man on the other side of the table. Finally he shook his head. "No," he admitted. "I don't think you knew about this."

This sho

6. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    as I already said `farmboy saves the day´ :D

well done

~Mag~

7. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    you post that, and then tell us you're not posting for a while..

FOUL!

:)
    Take your time...
    :)

8. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Sorry for that Jade ... I just can't stop thinking about the plot of my next project - whenever I try to concentrate on Shadowplay I get plot bunnies for the other story.

9. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    After a long time a new post. I'm still not any further with the story, but I'm making progress with my next project. It seems as if I'm quite tired of pilot stories at the moment. :(
    Anyway - because of the ultra-long wait here's a double-post.

The four men slipped effortlessly into the stream of people. All of them wore fake working suits of CorMex, obtained by one of Lt. Darn's men, covered by long coats against the rain that might fall from a few clouds hovering over the northern suburbs. Major Jallin allowed himself to relax while he literally floated along the way to the Palace, pushed forward by the masses of people behind him. He'd lost eye contact with his three other men long ago, but they had comms and could use them whenever necessary. His plan was working so far, smoothly to be precise, but Jallin was far too experienced to give in to any foolish hopes that everything would work according to it.

[i]No plan survives past the point where the shooting starts.[/i]

His tutors at the Academy and later at Intel had made this point more than once and his past missions had shown him just how true that saying was. Imperial instructors tended to make the soldiers believe they were infallible, even invincible. Jallin had seen so many men who had experienced the foolishness of such notions, who had realized their own mortality just when their animal spirits were leaking from a deadly wound. He'd just seen too many good men die to allow himself to make the same mistakes and so he'd spent days to check their directives and make plans for many possible incidents as possible. But he knew it wouldn't be enough. Their plan was actually quite simple ? eliminate their targets, assault the Palace, take as many hostages as possible and hold out until the Stormtroopers arrive. The problem was that Jallin didn't believe it would work ? he was quite sure they'd manage to achieve Phase 1, but their own survival was highly unlikely. He hadn't kept that to himself, but his men were too well-trained to loose their cool about it. They were soldiers and for soldiers death came as part of the territory. Nevertheless Jallin was a little uneasy. Ever since being briefed about this mission he hadn't been able to shake the gnawing feeling of a leak among their ranks. The failure of Ellias's operation, the way it had failed, convinced Jallin that there had been a security breach somewhere. The question was if that leak still persisted.

"Six in position," his sniper reported.

Those three words remained the only ones as his men kept the com silence. He fought the urge to throw a glance at the office tower to his right and hoped his men were doing the same. Finally they reached the open square in front of the Palace's main gate and Jallin made his way forward to the gate itself.

"Everyone in position?" he breathed into the microphone which was hidden in fold of his collar.

"Two, ready."

"Three, affirmative."

"Four in position."

"Five in position."

"Six is ready. I have the primary target in my sights."

Jallin took a last breath and eyed the guards who were nervously fingering their blasters, unsure what to make of this situation. "Weapons free. Six, on my mark eliminate primary target." His hand sneaked under the coat and grabbed his blaster rifle. "Three ? two ? one ? Mark!"

Stormtrooper RF-2311 was resting on the cold duracrete roof of the office building and stared through the scop of his sniper rifle. His position was uncomfortable, but he'd been trained to ignore such things. Through the scope he watched the three men on Gallamby's desk and wondered briefly what these three were talking about. Not that it mattered, not to him anyway. He zeroed in on his primary target ? Gallamby's head ? and relaxed. He would kill the man without flinching, but he'd have to wait for his Commander to give the order. Suddenly the Corellians in the office turned, someone had to have entered the room.

His com cackled. "Everyone in position?"

"Six is ready. I have the primary target in my sights," RF-2311 r

10. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    oh, oh oh..loads of action there..

and then such a sweet/sad parting..

hopefully not a portent..

11. SlaneTransportLtd

SlaneTransportLtd Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    Interesting.....I've been reading it, and all your other ones for the last few months (without being a member), and it's very good work.
    It has even helped me work out the login name (as you can see).

By the way, Please can I borrow Alina (from your first series) for what is turning into a multi-part epic, that I've been planning for months. Any ideas what Alina would be like as an 18/19 year old?

STL

12. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    jade51999 - Why should it be a portent? I hope you're not implying I'd be that evil [face_whistling]

SlaneTransportLtd - Hey cool nickname (my stories were the trigger for choosing it? [face_blush]). Of course you may use Alina, though I haven't given a thought to her character as an adult, yet. Sorry [face_worried]

13. SlaneTransportLtd

SlaneTransportLtd Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    I've got an idea anyway - I can send a rough idea of what she would be like and the fic I'm planning if you want?

STL (UK)
    <BMH Munster>

14. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Not necessary. I'm rarely on JC at the moment taking some kind of break from SW stories as a whole. Life is busy, too ... as I'm with my next project *evil grin*

15. Saucy_Chik

Saucy_Chik Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    Hey thor! Great story (yes, I've been lurking - plus, I only stumbled across your work about three days ago). There aren't enough Rogue/Wraith stories out there, and the ones that are are hard to find. You done a great jobs with the characterization, and the plot is wonderfully complicated. I love involved storylines!

You can't possibly stop there! I've noticed your penchant for cliffies - that's just not good for the health of your readers. And you last updated in May? Please tell us more![face_praying]

Saucy_Chik

16. Saucy_Chik

Saucy_Chik Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    sorry, double post. [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.