main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Wristbands and attending big panels at Star Wars Celebration Orlando (a mini guide)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by TK--421, Mar 27, 2017.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Well, once you have your wristband, you can leave and come back, but you'll lose your spot for getting a better seat.

2. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017

I have a feeling after being there all night, a couple hours of sleep and a cigarette are going to be worth being a little closer to the screen.

3. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, that's up to you.

4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    If you do plan on leaving after getting your wristband, you can probably get away with getting there closer to midnight than 8 pm, since your spot wouldn't matter as long as you are in the first 3,300 or so (or you can gamble and show up at 5am). If you're staying close by, you can always monitor the line throughout the evening and then get in line when it starts getting long.

jerejerebinks likes this.
  5. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    I kind of wish I'd known about the camp out stuff before paying for my hotel for those two nights. Such is life, I guess.

6. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Same but I need a place for my travel bag (flying in) and I'm leaving the con a little early on Thursday to shower and repack for the next overnight stay. So I would need a place for that. Sucks that it's $100 a night but whatever, I'm only doing this for this Celebration anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    That definitely shouldn't happen. I wouldn't mind so much if it was kids, as opposed to a few friends or adult family members who were planning to meet him. And as long as they made sure to be there with plenty of time before the line was close to being capped. That shouldn't be an issue.

I'm sure person number 2,999 might get pissed if only 3,000 can be let in, and some guy tries bringing his kids in line. But at that point, that person trying to bring other people in line needs to understand and tell whoever it is they simply can't anymore, otherwise a fight might break out and would be totally warranted.

But yea, I totally agree that any adult planning to simply waltz right in thinking someone else is holding their place definitely has another thing coming.

You still need a place to drop your stuff and at least have to go back to for whatever reason if need be. I doubt you want to spend the entire first day at celebration carrying around everything you have with you for the weekend. It's worth it. And out of all the money you'll spend that weekend, that one night won't make much of a difference anyway.

8. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    What do you mean? How would you be able to get your wristband and then come back and line up at midnight? I thought they won't be handing out wristbands until the morning of.

9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm saying leave at 6am and come back at 10am when the doors open.

10. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
  11. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    Fair point. Though I probably would have opted for basic hotel room over the resort. lol.

12. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Do they turn out the lights during the sleepover? I can't sleep with light!

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Take an eye mask like the ones you get on long-haul flights.

Padme501st likes this.
  14. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    They do not. There would be way too many security and liability issues to deal with.

15. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    “Close your eyes. Feel it. The light…it’s always been there."

Alison Organa likes this.
  16. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    And ear plugs for all the snoring? :D

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Couldn't hurt...

18. Dandman1021

Dandman1021 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2017

What if I get in the overnight line at 8 PM. Than at around 10 PM a buddy comes to my spot to wait in the line with me. I dont think it would be a problem but ive never made an overnight line like this so I am not 100 % certain.

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You can probably get away with that. Just tell the people around you. If you're holding a spot for like 10 people, then that could be an issue.

Dandman1021 likes this.
  20. Dandman1021

Dandman1021 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2017

I just wanna make sure I am not doing anything wrong. He is driving from Miami as soon as he gets off work, so he doesnt know how long it will take

21. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    As long as the line isn't close to being capped, which I doubt it will be at that time, that shouldn't be a problem. But again, let everyone around you know what is happening. And any more than two people meeting you might be pushing it. I doubt the staff, if they're good, would even allow more than a few people to meet someone in line, and if it was that many, they would just send them to the back and it would be the choice of the other person to go with them or hold their own place in line. Realize people are going to be needing to get out of line to go to the restroom, get food (if it is available), ask a staff member something, etc. So holding someone's place is appropriate. It's only when you're there for hours and hours, and then suddenly someone else shows up who hasn't been there that whole or most of that whole time that can be an issue, or when that person could potentially bump someone out who is at the end.

22. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    This wristband system seems awful. I don't remember them having it last time in anaheim or the last 2 in orlando.

I used to just queue for what I wanted to see an hour beforehand, and would generally get in.

I tend to work second shift. If I just show up at 10, will all the panel's bands be gone?

23. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I would definitely explain that your friend is driving and won't be there till 10. One person who still ends up waiting most of the time in line and doesn't show up right before wristbands are given out is totally fine. It would be different if he showed up at 5:30am when the line is definitely either capped or about to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    10 in the morning? I would be shocked if you could still get one of the big panels at that time.

25. GermanBoba

GermanBoba Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2016
    Definately at 10 a.m. the big two panels (40th,TLJ) will even have filled the overflow rooms up. Maybe if you are really pushing your luck you might get into an overflow room on Saturday for the Rebels Season 4 SneakPeak. Also you should keep in mind that the security check also slows you down considerably at that time specifically, because its the official opening time for the exhibit hall, so a lot of people who dont want to get wristbands will also be arriving at that hour to line up for the main show floor area. As a result it wouldnt surprise me if it takes you 30 min. to be able to reach the queues inside the building.