main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Writers for Episode VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by seasider, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seasider

seasider Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    One of the major criticisms I hear about the prequels was how badly written it was and Lucas by his own admission is not a strong writer. No matter who ends up directing, the script will have to be solid. I'm sure many of us have names in mind of who we do or don't want writing the scripts for these movies. Here are some names I've thought of in no particular order:

Lawrence Kasdan: Kasdan is fan favorite mainly due to his work on Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark. My main concern with Kasdan is that the guy hasn't done a really good script in years and the passion for another Star Wars may not be there anymore for him.

Drew Goddard: Goddard is a rising young screenwriter who just collaborated with Joss Whedon on Cabin In The Woods. He is currently working with Spielberg on Robopocalyse.

Steven Moffat: Anyone who follows Doctor Who will know who Moffat is. Moffat is also the writer and creator for the acclaimed Sherlock TV series. Moffat knows how to write sci-fi stuff in his sleep but his background has mostly been in TV.

John Logan: Logan has worked on scripts on movies like Gladiator, The Aviator, Huge and Skyfall just to name a few. Like any screenwriter, he's had hits and misses but he has a solid track record.

Jonathan Nolan: His brother Christopher gets a lot of attention but it's Jonathan who is a big part of why his scripts are as good as they are. Nolan has been trying to break out on his own. Being the guy to pen the new Star Wars could be the big break he's looking for.

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  3. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    interesting.. but i disagree on moffat.. unless we have force angels.. not a fan.. but then again.. i would entertain neil gaiman..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.