Writers Race--- It Is Done!!!! * 1st--duskwings, * 2-DarthIshtar & Drabbo_Fett, 3-Indra

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kettch_the_Jedi, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I like these latest stories. The X-words were great, and Indra and maychorian, don't sell yourselves short. Your stories had a sweetness that I wouldn't have expected.

I can't pick a favorite bit. And it is impossible to decide which is funnier, death by donut powder or by dreadful music.

Thanks. The doughnut powder was one I'd wanted to get in when doing the challenge, but couldn't. And it wasn't so much the music itself as the shock that someone had dared to mess with Mace's radio.

Drabbo Hah! Zugzwang. I love that. Yet another word you English-speaking people have stolen from us. Loved your story, although I don?t understand all of it. But I?m used to that by now.

Thanks. I'm used to not being understood, even when I'm alone.

And believe me, anyone who knows your sense of humour knew instantly which one was your story in challenge 8. Who else would be able to pull something like that off?

[face_blush] I kinda figured everyone already knew. I wrote it right after listening to I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again (a pun-packed British radio comedy from the '60s). I think it almost has to be read aloud, with funny voices for all the characters.

What does it say that even my vignettes require annotation? :-B
  2. maychorian Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Indra :eek: I hope that's a case of great minds thinking alike there, and not something more sinister . . .

But then, we seem to have quite a few Obi-lovers writing in this race. I suppose it's natural that we revert to our comfort zones.

Oh, and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who reads the dictionary for fun. :D
  3. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

* pops in *

This was an excellent job you did, Kettch! So much fun!

Congratulations to the winners!!! =D=

...will update my story thread with my reply posts tomorrow.

Hope to see more of these challenges soon!
  4. Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan

star 4
    [face_laugh] Wow. So many amusing entries, so little time. Congrats to the winners of the race and thank you Kettch for organizing it. :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.