main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HamptRds, VA Writers strike..........copied from theforce.net home page.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Azuren_Zyblade, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azuren_Zyblade

Azuren_Zyblade Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    ""We recently contacted Lucasfilm to try to get a pulse on how the current writers' strike will be effecting upcoming Star Wars projects such as The Clone Wars and the live action series. John from Lucasfilm was nice enough to get back to us and here is the response we recieved:

"Lucasfilm has many projects in various stages of production. We do not at this point know what impact, if any, the strike will have."

Well...at least there is hope. If I remember correctly from one of our many posts, a number of episodes of The Clone Wars are already in the can and more are currently in production. Hopefully they have enough material to keep going...at least for a while. We'll make sure to keep you posted."""

My impression is that Lucas does not have a lot to do with Hollywood, so most of his writers are probably owned by him?
    Just my guess.

2. Qevdar

Qevdar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2007
    but they still have to be part of the WGA, unless he hires scabs..which would REALLY put him in the doghouse!

3. Sithspawn_3

Sithspawn_3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2007
    Not necessarily. Like George L. and Quentin T. (who are not part of any directors guild) there are probabyl people that flock to people like this so as not to be restricted by the mainstream Hollywood elite.

4. Azuren_Zyblade

Azuren_Zyblade Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    Yeah Sithspawn,

that is what I was trying to say. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.