main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Writers: Why not go with Experience?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sitara, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Lucas has stated he wants oversea's writers who probably don't have much experiance with writing for the series. but why notget some really experianced writers, such as those writing for LOST, etc etc. They will be more expensive yes, but Lucasfilms does have the money, and a SW Live action T.V. series will more than cover the costs IMO.

They could also do a mix, say a good mixture of experienced and inexperienced.

Anyone have any more info on this?

2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    People "over-seas" do have TV shows as well, you know. ;)

We know that Lucas likes to give emerging talent a chance, hence his use in his movies of unknown actors. However, I happen to think that Lucas will go with a mix of more experainced and unknown writers. As its going to be made in Australia, I suspect there will be a couple of Aussie writers in the group.

I really had hoped we'd have heard by now, whoch writers are currently at the Ranch working on this. :(

3. DVCPRO-HDeditor

DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2006
    Inexperienced writers might not be members of the Writers Guild, who are all out on strike right now. So, if Lucas goes with non-guild writers, the series won't be affected by the current strike, and production can move along as planned.

That means that this series, when it finally launches, will have a huge head start on other series that were supposed to launch at the same time.

4. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    It might be the *ONLY* new thing in TV in early to mid 2009! [face_laugh]

5. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Because experienced writers will take something and make it "their's"...they have reputations and styles to maintain...it's what gives them a name in the business.

These writers are being hired to forward GL's vision...not to gain notoriety as the "it" writer brought in to make a splash.

Besides...their ain't a writer in Hollywood worth a grain that I'd want working on this.

If they want to try, they can go to Vancouver and borrow a Stargate writer...their workload is pretty light just now.

6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    On the subject of writers, the Wookiepedia entry on the TV shows says that Lucas is going to hire witers from Battlestar, Lost and Heroes. Good move IMHO. I can't speak for Lost or Heroes, but Battlestar has had some truly EXCEPTIONAL writing over the course of its run and from what I understand Lost and Heroes are right behind it in term of quality and consistency.

7. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    It looks like this strike might be over in the coming days, so hopefully they can get those pencils going soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.