main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Writing a paper to contribute to Star Wars academia!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthScholar, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthScholar

DarthScholar Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2013
    I am student writing a research paper on Star Wars and fans. I myself am a fans (though not an expert, yet). This paper is inspired by Will Brooker's 'Using the Force' who used this very forum to write his book and received overwhelming support by fans here.

This paper, I hope, will contribute to this community as my findings will be available online to all those who may be interested. It is based on the expectations of Star Wars and how the prequel trilogy let down fans, apart from those who grew up in the 90's who found it fantastical but only to later find it disappointing after watching the original trilogy and seeing the gap of quality between the two trilogies. This survey is trying to find out whether this hypothesis, so I ask that this thesis does not guide you to the answers i require but you are instead honest. I myself loved Episode one... until i watched the original trilogy and became a massive fan, yet still enjoy the prequels due to the nostalgia (another aspect my paper will discuss).

I am after specific answers to questions which can be categorised through a survey demographically, something that cannot be done as successfully via filtering through different threads.

So, with that, if you can spare a short amount of time to answer these ten questions then I would very much appreciate it. If anyone would like to know the results then I will happily post them on here once I have collected and analysed the data.

I would like to apologise if this comes across as spam, it is not my intention at all. I get as annoyed as the next person when I get sent a survey but I have been told it is quite an enjoyable survey to take and hope you have the same experience should you partake.

Some of your answers may even be included in the paper if you are happy to do so, if not then please message me and I will ensure your data is not printed to the journal.

Many thanks and may the force be with you :)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YHCGBJR

2. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Moved from Saga to SWC

3. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    This thread may help you: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/rate-episodes-1-6-favorite-to-least-favorite.50007908/ This thread doesn't just allow fans to say what their favorite is. It instead gives the fan's top vote 6 points, 2nd place vote 5 points, etc. Then it keeps an ongoing tally of the results. Right now TESB is 1st, ROTS is a close 2nd, ANH is a distant 3rd, ROTJ is just behind it at 4th, TPM is below these four by a good margin at 5, and ATOC is just below it in 6th place. Hope you find this helpful.

4. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    First of all, what exactly is your thesis?

5. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I'd be very happy to answer questions here in this thread

but I'm not doing it offsite.

6. DarthScholar

DarthScholar Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2013
    This is most helpful. Thank you very much for you help!!!

The survey has now finished as I have exceed the allowed respondent number though if anyone knows of any sources or threads such as Darth Ladnar has then i would be very appreciative!

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.