Writing Fan Fiction and Professional Fiction

Discussion in 'Victoria, BC' started by haruwindsong, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haruwindsong Jedi Knight

star 2
    Everyone who writes fan fiction does it for fun, plus it's quite the emotional outlet (all those 'I wish' venues --- guilty as charged). The one thing I have learned over the years, however is that writing good fiction is even more satisfying. And it can lead to a career as a professional writer.

So here's the idea. I already know a few people in the Forum interested in what I'm about to propose. That is, a formal meeting say once a month wherein each person has the opportunity to air up to three chapters of a story (fan fiction or otherwise). This would take place in a round-robin affair, with a moderator (I know a pro who might be able to help). Depending upon the level of interest, we should be able to cover up to four stories in a session (three is optimum). No session should last longer than three hours and each person in the group would have the opportunity to make suggestions.

More to follow on timings and rules governing the Workshops if there are enough people interested in forming this Writers' Workshop Group. Trust me when I say that a live forum is much more satisfying.
  2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    I am very interested in doing this, Haru. I think this could really help me kickstart a writing career, and besides, it would be a lot of fun!

Who is this pro friend of yours?

*Derisa*
  3. haruwindsong Jedi Knight

star 2
    Julian Reid is very experienced with professional writing. He is also my publicist. Julian and I got back over 20 years.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.