main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wrong Hand Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by robertyodarugenstein, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Has anybody noticed that on the upcoming Luke Throne Room Duel that Hasbro has put his black glove on his left hand instead of his right.

Picture 1

Picture 2

What in the world where they doing when they were producing this figure. This could be a bigger error than the bloody stump Bespin Duel Luke

2. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    lame looking figure anyway.

3. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Ouch, that sucks. That figure looks alright from the side, from the front looks like a WWE figure...hehe

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Eesh, that's horrible. Did anyone look at the movie while sculpting/painting this figure? :confused:

5. DaDarth

DaDarth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Ouch is right. That figure looks really bad from the front..

6. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    What is up with the constipated looks they keep throwing on their figures?

7. smanigal

smanigal Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    Anybody consider that that dummies that developed the photo had the negative backwards? How many packaged photos have we seen?? Any on eBay? May not be the answer but I wanted to throw that out before MASS HYSTERIA hits on another STUPID Hasbro mistake..........

8. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Anybody consider that that dummies that developed the photo had the negative backwards?"

Why, do all the letters look backwards to you too, or something?

9. yodashizzzle

yodashizzzle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    no, i think he means the image. and i can see where he's coming from. a negative image on the package would put the glove on the wrong hand. look in a mirror and notice which hand your watch is on. it's on the opposite hand in the image.

the figure doesn't look great IMO, though. at least it seems to have some articulation, but i might be happier if he didn't have that look on his face. i do like the trend of including little bits of the set in Hasbro figures now. maybe the little rail will help make this new luke more palatable.

10. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Look in the mirror and anything written on your shirt would also be backwards...

11. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Oh poo I wanted this figure till I saw that close-up pic :(

12. yodashizzzle

Jan 27, 2003
    Look in the mirror and anything written on your shirt would also be backwards...

that's right. but not only does negative reversal result in letters appearing backwards, things on the right hand appear to be switched onto the left hand. think about it in terms of self perspective. my watch is on my right hand. but a mirror image puts it on my left hand FROM MY PERSPECTIVE as the person in the mirror. if i take a picture of myself, my watch appears to have literally switched hands.

13. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Left hand or Right hand, it is a new Luke Skywalker action figure and I will have to get one.

14. monkeywrench49

monkeywrench49 Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2003
    just paint over it

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    GAH! That doesn't look at all like Luke from the front... maybe Luke on Prednisone (Steroids) would like that. This had the potential to be a really cool figure, but why did they have to put that head on the figure and mess up which hand he had lost? *sigh*

16. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Yep, the picture on the packaging is actually a reversed negative, similar to those of Boba Fett in the actual film with with the antenna and cape on the wrong side! Hasbro are a bunch of dumbarses for making this mistake, especially after the countless figures that were produced with the glove on the correct hand! What morons..or maybe not! They probably purposely did it to make more "collectors" rush out to buy the variation before it gets fixed. They really get on my nerves purposely creating variations for marketing ploys! And then there is the mindless masses who buy into it!

17. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    The picture on the package isn't a reversed negative. The glove is on the correct (right) hand in the pic.
    Perhaps the photos they used for reference were flipped, but the one on the package definitely is not...

18. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Oh my. That has to be one of the ugliest figures that I have ever seen. Luke has no neck...

19. Darth Jamus

Jun 1, 2000
    Then it is a clear cut case of "purposefully" making a stupid variation in order to sell more action figures! :mad: I SERIOUSLY doubt that this was an accident!

20. yodashizzzle

Jan 27, 2003
    i tend to agree with you darth jamus. the collector's markets for everything from toys to baseball cards is littered with "error" variations. i can believe that errors are made and that in an effort to be accurate, corrections are done. but it gets to be a little much when you realize the volume of errors. i guess maybe different plants that make stuff might goof or not do things completely consistent with other plants making the same stuff, but, c'mon, it seems like consumers get taken advantage of sometimes when i see all the little boo-boos and how much they can bring. the boba with circles hype was one example of 'why is this really worth a lot more money?' and went a long way to make me skeptical when it comes to errors.

21. Darth Jamus

Jun 1, 2000
    Errors USED to not be this rampant, but after learning what collector's are willing to do to get all versions of something, the conmpanies are now cashing in on this ignorant phenomenon. It has taken ALL of the fun out of collecting for me! These days I simply buy something that I like, not caring whether it is a variation or not. I could care less about seeking out rare stuff since companies are purposelly taking advantage of collectors these days! It just isn't worth my hard earned cash!

22. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    After reading this thread I went looking through the toy fair pics of most of the 2003 SW line & the pic of a loose Jedi Luke is correct ;) The glove is on his right hand...

I don't know why the 1st pics were correct & these latest pics aren't, seems odd, even for Hasbro

Maybe it is some stupid variation like Bespin Luke, seems like a mistake though, Very odd indeed :p

23. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    That loose picture may very well be the most phallic picture I have ever seen. No wonder Luke's face looks like that. What is he doing to that lightsaber? Secondly, what is up with the tips of that guard rail? Freud is rolling over in his grave.

24. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Looks like a vintage figure

25. Darth Jamus

Jun 1, 2000
    "After reading this thread I went looking through the toy fair pics of most of the 2003 SW line & the pic of a loose Jedi Luke is correct The glove is on his right hand...I don't know why the 1st pics were correct & these latest pics aren't, seems odd, even for Hasbro...Maybe it is some stupid variation like Bespin Luke, seems like a mistake though, Very odd indeed "

Maybe it is further proof that they are purposely producing errors to further their sells in the collector market! [face_shocked] Remember, the lettering on the error package is correct and not reversed, and it clearly shows the glove on the wrong hand! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.