main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wrong Hand Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by robertyodarugenstein, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Every picture that I have seen of this figure the glove is on the left hand. Darth Jamus is right if the negative was reversed the lettering on package would be backwords.

2. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    I agree Darth Jamus is probably right about a flipped photo, I'm an artist & we do things like that all the time, However, What makes me think it wasn't a mistake are the 1st couple of pics we all saw of the Saga Jedi Luke loose, His hands are correct ;) Take a look

1st Hasbro pic

Hasbro toy event #40

Seems to me if we see any Luke Jedis with the wrong hands, It will be on purpose by Hasbro, which is pretty dumb, I guess we'll see

3. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    That sure is weird LittleGreenMaster! After comparing your pics with the pics in the opening post of this thread, everything is identical EXCEPT the gloved hand. :confused: The flap on Luke's chest, even the base is the same, sporting two round cylinders on the left and one on the right! [face_shocked] I really do believe that they purposely screwed it up in order to create a variation to bump their sales upwards! :mad: Your pictures just lend credence to the fact that they got it right to begin with before CREATING a variation from it! It will be interesting to see what actually hits the store shelves, then the truth will be revealed for certain! ;)

4. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    Exactly! The only thing reversed in the new pics are the hands, If they had a photo or negative reversed, Why didn't they reverse the flap on Luke's shirt?

Seems intentional to me and Very stupid [face_plain]

And if it's not intentional, It's extremely odd! :p

5. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I think creating a realistic Luke will forever perplex the action figure world.

6. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    [face_laugh]

I'm afraid I have to agree with DS. If it's not super buff Luke, it's super skinny Luke. Then there's bucktooth Luke, and now we have this.....thing to add to our collections. Hasbro has no problem with Han Solo figure, they almost always look dead on, what is it about Luke that is so hard for them? ?[face_plain]

As for them purposely creating a variant by switching the glove, I sure hope it's not true, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me... [face_plain]

7. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    It looks more like RotJ Luke with Force-action football mouthpiece effects.

8. yodashizzzle

yodashizzzle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    Then there's bucktooth Luke,

hehehe, yeah. i agree that the POTJ luke X-wing pilot looked like he could eat a cob of corn through a chainlink fence. what was Hasbro, thinking? luke looked like a rabbit jedi.

9. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    the POTJ luke X-wing pilot looked like he could eat a cob of corn through a chainlink fence.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

10. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Purposely making a variation to bleed collectors even more dry? I will have their water! Knowing my luck, probably the only one in my town willl be the screwed up one... :(

11. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Anybody consider that that dummies that developed the photo had the negative backwards?

yeah, i think thats what happened...
    but it could of been easier to flip the one thats out of the box so...

??????

12. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    You know, until this figure ships screaming "intentional variation" is just a tad premature.

As for the possibility of Hasbro creating intentional variations to drain money and frustrate collectors, there's a simple answer to that...

...just collect one of everything (or *gasp* just what you like) and don't worry about minor or pointless variations.

13. Darth-Clossinius

Darth-Clossinius Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    Its just a mishap on the factory's part.

They just painted the wrong hand during production and it slipped past quality control. Its quite possible it may be fixed in future assortments.

On another note, as much as I love the figure for its pose, is it just me, or does this figure have subpar sculpting as compared to the more recent figures? This almost looks like something from '98 or '99

14. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    "Anybody consider that that dummies that developed the photo had the negative backwards?

yeah, i think thats what happened...
    but it could of been easier to flip the one thats out of the box so... "

Soooo what are you saying Master-Fett? You do realize that the negative cannot be flipped or reversed don't you? The lettering is still correct in the picture with the incorrect hand, as is the flap on Luke's chest. Why not take a look at the pic again!

"They just painted the wrong hand during production and it slipped past quality control. Its quite possible it may be fixed in future assortments"

:confused:

Of course it will be fixed in future assortments, that is the whole purpose of intentional VARIATIONS! You just keep telling yourself that it is a "mishap" Darth-Clossinius! [face_plain]

15. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I don't know how many people have found him yet but I did today. And I would like to say that the one I found today has his glove on the left hand.

16. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    From Galactic Hunter:

Many collectors have already voiced their opinions about not purchasing the recent Jedi Luke for having the left hand painted black. But fear not! A representative from Hasbro has confirmed to us at Comic-Con that a correction will be coming. No word on when the corrected version will hit retail, but it's good to know that Hasbro intends on providing their fans with accurately painted toys. And in case you were wondering, the error was spotted when the Luke was already into production. So if you do see the wood-chopping Luke figure, it might be a good idea to pick it up!

This was a story put onto Galactic Hunter's site earlier this month. I hadn't seen it until now, and I'm surprised nobody else had either. I wanted to get this figure to open, but I guess I'll be waiting for the accurate version.

17. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    im gonna buy the luke no matter, i just want to play with it

18. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    It's a shame yet another Luke figure hits the "job out" list. I have one now, thanks to an amigo, but had I known he planned on spending his $$ to buy it while vacationing in the LA area, I'd have told him to save it.

19. MomawNadon

MomawNadon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2001
    I'm debating whether or not to open the Throne Room Duel Luke I already have. I would like the corrected version instead, because I like my figures to be as accurate to the movie likeness as possible. But it may be months before the corrected version comes out, and I really, REALLY want to open him now, lol. I don't want to buy another one later when the right one arrives. Any suggestions??

20. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    If you want the correct one I say you keep the one you have now carded until you can get the new correct one. Then when you do get the right one you can just return the wrong one and get your money back for it, or hey, it might even be worth more to some of those variant collectors, so maybe you could trade it for something better? :)

Plus, this way you'll still have one version of this figure in case you never see either version again in stores. Normally I'd say that as a joke with a main character figure, but given how hard everything has been so find this year you never know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.