main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(WT 11) Kerryn Through My Eyes

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Debo, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    What could I tell you about Kerryn's time in this "Big Brother house" that you don't already know? You have been following the game, haven't you?

I can't capture her stay here in a Week-In-Review-esque summary -- you'll be reading those facts and trivia bits without having a clue what it actually was, how I felt and experienced it.

No, I'd rather write something more appropriate.

The first time I heard of Kerryn, was in the AOTC forum. She was a mod, going by the name of Silmarillion, and I remember noticing her posts sometimes, which were always quite smart. She often had a different take on things, a slight twist or original idea, which was interesting. She was just one of those people whose posts you read if you stumble upon them (you know the kind).

I remember having to laugh one time when she wrote something along the lines of "Know, know, know your code" to the tune of "Row, row, row your boat", and, a bit embarrassed because of it, adding "Thank you! I'll be here till Thursday! Try the veal!" I thought that was hilarious. I made a mental note of it in case I needed it (as one whose jokes tend to fall flat).

I also remember there was a guy at the AOTC forum once who started an insane but funny thread, something like (I'm making this up now) "Does Yoda's sabre increase when he sees Yaddle?" And she locked it with a firm "No." I thought, "Whoa, easy, Silmarillion girl, sense of humour needed there." Though afterwards, that sort of thing is not really funny at all of course, especially not when you have to deal with it every hour. But I did think she was a bit grumpy then, that's how she appeared to me. Very keen, to-the-point and not one to suffer fools gladly. She reminded me of my brother...

I never really crossed her path, though I did accidently send her a PM once that was meant for someone else. Thankfully, it was a clean one. And she wrote something for Debo's Star Wars Memories Spectacular (is that beast still alive?), because I knew she was a character, so I wanted her to do something for it, knowing it'd be worthwile.

Also, because I was (and still am) going to Brisbane, we exchanged some PMs, though, I admit now, I wasn't too wild about the thought of meeting. I thought, "Might be fun, but I hardly know her. Maybe if I have some time left."

Did that change after this Big Brother game? Oh, did it.

Three months later, she knows my two biggest secrets, she knows what I looked like as a kid (naked and clothed), where and how I live, why I broke up with my girlfriend, if I could forgive a girl who cheated on me, what kind of woman I despise, if I ever smoked pot and how I experienced it, what I like about myself, what I like about my parents and if I regret anything about my upbringing, if I look down on people who know less than me, she has read my favourite book, and has got me to buy 13 of her favourites... We've got similar tastes, laugh at the same things, think at the same speed -- and most important of all: she not only knows "Battle of the Planets", she has bloody action figures of them. Phew. That's it, I'm sold. No really, that's so sweet, that does me in. White flag. You win.

You don't often find people nowadays -- definitely not in Holland -- who still have that playful, sparkling mind; someone with a great imagination, who somehow has managed to retain her originality and sense of fun and is practical and sharp at the same time. She doesn't really realize it herself, which is part of what makes her like that (the psychologer is guessing wildly now). One of those unique people you never meet the likes of again; after you've met them, you can never quite forget them. Too many faceless, grey people in the world. Sometimes I wish she (or someone like her) lived here, but, well, that's not how it is, so no use thinking about that.

When I look back now, checking all those threads full of inane chats, bits of actual wisdom and big-smiled showings of affection, I see that when we were in conversation, it must have been quite ha

2. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    You nailed that one Casper, terrific work!

3. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    :eek:

I am extremely humbled, Casper. If you ever cease to amaze me, I think it'll be when hell freezes over, and since I don't even believe in hell, I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Oh, and tot gauw!

:)

4. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Thanks.

I don't really know what to say right now, except clichés like "It was straight from the heart" and things like that, but, you know, I'm glad you liked it.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.