(WT 11) Tom's time in the House

Discussion in 'Big Brother House' started by Silmarillion, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    Tom's Story.

Quite fittingly, Tom's last post before entering the Big Brother house characterised his internal struggle. His outgoing demeanour was a facade; beneath those quiescent depths lay torments that would rear their ugly head later.
    I'm really torn. I think old school yoda is the most realistic, but I do think cgi yoda showed a much greater range of emotion. Arrggh!
    />
    27 and [from] Ellensburg, WA. I'm happily married and have 6 wonderful kids. I work at the the university library here. I'm in a hip hop band called "log hog". I'm a huge sports fan and a music, movie, and Tolkien nut."

Tom's life before Big Brother was tough. After he tore the ACL in his right knee, he required 2 operations and was unable to walk for 6 months. During this time he developed his habit of trying to emulate John Wayne movies. Tom began stealing small amounts of money from his children, desperate to try and make himself cool. It all came to a head when he held up a convenience store with a home made shotgun. The tables were turned, however, when the clerk, himself a self-confessed John Wayne fan pulled a gun from under the counter and shot Tom in the leg.

It would be the last time Tom wore his mirrored sunglasses.

After serving 18 months in a state penitentiary, Tom was given a new lease on life. He became interested in Star Wars again, and joined a community of fans in the hope of getting his life back on track.

From the first moment Tom entered the Big Brother house, all eyes were on him. He was the newest kid on the block and he was quick to dispell the myth that he was just here to fill time. He discovered the Hot Tub and was immediately at ease. ("Looks like i'm the only one here, might as well take a nap in the hot tub.)"

It became a place of comfort for him, away from his wife and children, but surrounded by hot women in bikinis. While his attempts at securing the love of the women were fraught with disaster ("Hey Sil, got an extra Stella for me?") he managed to overcome this rejection and focus his attention on making himself a better person.

One of his successful attempts at building relationships with other people was his "Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Good Night" thread.
    With so few of us, it might be nice to have a thread to say good morning or good night, or to let everyone know when we're leaving or getting back, just so we have an idea of who's on at the time.
    />

But Tom was not sated by this new-found fame. He tried other ways of attracting the housemates attention. First with "Dynamic Duos" and then with the doomed "And the Entertainment for the Evening is...??? "

Placated by this sudden drop in interest, Tom went back to basics.

By the second week, depression had started to settle in. Plagued by the thought that he wouldn't find happiness in the house, Tom began thinking of ways to escape the house and return to his family. Happily, Independence Day was on the horizon and Tom put all thoughts of escape into the back of his mind as he let loose and partied like it was 2002. ("It's still a good excuse to party!")

The party marked a turning point in Tom's future. He decided to make a concerted effort to get to know the housemates better. He let go of his secret past life and became for a moment, the life of the party.
    This "experiment" has definitely been a success so far for me. It's exactly what I had hoped it would be, a break from the landslide of redundant threads and spam that seem to dominate the JC these days. And regardless of how long I last in this game, I'm glad to have gotten to know all of you, and I hope that we will continue to be friends when this thing is all said and done.

Well said, indeed deltron_zero. -- Missninfan
    />
    />/>/>/>/>/>
  • deltron_zero Jedi Master

star 6
    [face_laugh]

Wow, apparently you know me better than I know myself. :p

No seriously, excellent work Kerryn, a very entertaining read! :D
  • Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    Glad you liked it!

And I noticed you didn't deny anything....

;)

star 6
    :D

Why would I? You make me out to be much more interesting than I really am. ;)
  • Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    Heh, I love you too, Tom. :p

I've got to go -- it's 4:30 on friday afternoon and the beers have started flowing. Enjoy your 4 day weekend!

:)

star 6
    Alright, have a great Friday night, I'll see you tomorrow! :)
  • Debo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "Kerryn [and] Casper [are] [my] [destiny] [now]."

("I love you [guys]")

[face_laugh]

Very well done, Kerryn. And well written.
  • Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.