(WT #2)____ (nt)(Day 5)

Discussion in 'Big Brother House' started by Silmarillion, Jul 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
  2. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    It's Big Brother Building Spam!

[This message has been edited by Lord Bane (edited 07-13-02).]
  3. Missninfan Manager Emeritus

star 5
  4. Bithysith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Um... ok, I'll just use this thead to discuss what's currently on my mind...
    Hubby and I saw Road to Perdition today, which definitely made up for that crap-fest, Reign of Fire. The boy actor was astounding, and I thought Tom Hanks gave a subtle, excellent performance, but both Jude Law and Paul Newman stole the show. Even when they try to make Jude look ugly (with fingernail fungus, balding hair, rotten teeth, and horrible skin), they still can't quite succeed. ;)
    Has anyone else seen this film? It reminded me of Miller's Crossing in many ways... I cried all through the end. *sigh* I just can't get it out of my head...
  5. Missninfan Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I've heard mixed reviews about it, but haven't seen it yet. You could not pay me to see Reign of Fire, though.
  6. JediSenoj451 Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree. Reign of Fire looks as if it will be a waste of good $9 and and 3 hours of my time.

You liked Road to Perdition? I've only been hearing good things about it so far. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see it this week. :)

~*Senoj*~
  7. Bithysith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It definitely wasn't perfect... I thought the pace was uneven, and they could have done a better job at building sympathy for characters other than young Michael, but all in all, I enjoyed it. Maybe I'm just biased because Jude was in it (they should have explored more of his character!).
  8. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    found when searching for "reign of fire"...

[image=http://www.therepertoire.com/meat/images/sausages.jpg]
  9. Bithysith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_laugh] Well, Christian Bale and Matthew McConaughey are both very attractive men (although, I could have done without the post-apocalyptic beards).
  10. Debo Force Ghost

star 5
    There's some amazing TFN breaking news about Star Wars and "Reign of Fire":

Star Wars Reference in Reign of Fire
    Sat, Jul 13, 02 01:16:42 PM EDT

Agent D tells us about a Star Wars reference in the forthcoming movie "Reign of Fire":
    Today I saw a sneak preview of the film Reign of Fire (which was a good movie by the way). To my surprise there was a Star Wars reference in the film. Christian Bale's character Quinn and Quinn's best friend perform the famous "I am your father" sequence from Empire in front of a group of children as a bed time story. The thing that makes this a fun scene is the reactions and wonderment that come from the children when the 'White Knight' has his hand cut off and the truth is revealed by the 'Black Knight'. The segment ends with one of the children asking Quinn "Did you make that up Quinn?" Quinn replies "Of course I did!"
    "Reign of Fire" is released across North America on July 12th.

Tomorrow: Warwick Davis spotted in Venezuela!
  11. Bithysith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Not surprisingly, that was really the only part of the film I genuinely enjoyed. ;)
  12. Debo Force Ghost

star 5

:D

Do you remember Battle of the Planets?
  13. Bithysith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Very faintly... I preferred the Transformers. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.