main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(WT #2) Entertainment Thread! Blade 2 - Why it was great! (Day 5)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by jediguy, Jul 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    *SPOILERS*

I had the pleasure of seeing Blade 2 yesterday, and I can honestly say that I loved every minute of it. Along with the expected action it contained surprising power in the form of emotion - provided by Blade's growing attraction to the (sexy) female vampire. (Whose name currently escapes me). In the end, she's attacked and mortally wounded by the renegade mutant vampire, who Blade eventually kills just before dawn. She states that she "...wants to die a vampire", so Blade carries her outside to greet the sunrise, and she wisps away while looking at Blade. Simple but powerful. Of course, Blade literally kicks arse with his martial-artistry, and his little conflicts with the leader of the Vampire crack squad provide some amusing situations.

Defintely one for my DVD collection - has anyone else seen this movie?

I can only hope for a third installment.

2. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    woohoo, jediguy is on the board! :D

to be honest, i never even saw the first blade. nothing intentional really, it's one of those that i've always meant to see but for whatever reason just haven't yet.

a lot of my friends really like the first one and it's good to hear you liked the second one. i'll definitely have to see them both eventually.

3. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Haha, yeah. I'll be heading off again tonight, but I'll attempt to get to an Internet Cafe tomorrow.

4. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    The female vamp was Nyssa (played by Leonor Varela).

I really liked it as well. I could've done without the numerous shots of bone and muscle and whatnot, but I guess that's kind of the lure. The bloodbath/dance club scene from the first movie is still my favourite scene out of the two, but overall I thought 2 was better - just an excuse for 90 minutes of Wesley Snipes being a badass.

No doubt there'll be a third one knowing the way Hollywood works these days.

I loved the soundtrack as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.