main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(WT#2) My Adventures With Beer (Day 3)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by wild_karrde, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I had my first beer when I was 18. Yeah, a bit of a late bloomer, I know, but I've made up for it :D

I was living in Edmonton, Alberta for a few months trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life after high school. My cousin took me out with a couple of his friends. I was totally buzzed after the first one, and we split a few pitchers after that. I probably had about 4 beers total. The next day I had my first (and only) hangover. Couldn't move for about 4 hours. Swore off alcohol. LOL, man, I was so young.

Started drinking casually after that, but didn't get drunk again for almost a year. Then I went to my buddy Jess's house for a party. We started the night with 48 Blue's and 24 Canadians, plus a few quarts of various other alcohols. I was the only one drinking Canadian. They were all gone by 7am. I don't remember much of that night ... except my friends dragging me upstairs and throwing me on a waterbed. Bastards. I thought the room was spinning out of control!

I'll post more adventures later (ones I can remember).

BTW, I haven't had a beer in about 20 ... hours :D

2. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ah yes, adventures with beer, this should be good :D

i'll try to post some of mine (if i can remember any) when i have a chance, i'm just getting off work right now.

3. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    I had an adventure with beer, which ended all other beer adventures that I would even think of having.

One night when I was 15, or 16(can't remember), myself and some friends threw a party at another friend's house. His parents were always gone, so we always partied over there. Well, before his parents had left for the evening we had an oldser friend get us the beer for the evening.

We had nowhere to put the beer at the time, due to his parents still being home. So, we left it behind a tree at the next door neighbor's house. Well, by the time the elders left the beer had been outside for a few hours, and it was mid-summer. So we all had warm beer for our arty. To top it off the beer was Natural Light. Great stuff.

Sadly, I drank a whole case of it and wasn't feeling too well in the morning. We had to walk a couple of girls home, so that made me feel even worse. Luckily I didn't get sick, but it made me never want to drink beer again. Even the smell makes me gag.

I stick to hard liquer and mixed drinks now.

4. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    The worst (stupidest) experience I ever had with alcohol happened a few years ago. I was over at a good friend's house, and we decided to mix some rum and cokes... a drink which I had never encountered before. She asked me to do it, and so I gave it my best shot... mixing 50% rum and 50% coke. [face_plain]
    Ugh... I was so drunk after just a few sips, that when I got up to go to the bathroom, I collapsed and passed-out on the floor. I don't remember anything about the rest of the night.
    I'm never doing that again...

5. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    warm beer? the devil!!!

6. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Bithy :eek: 50/50 rum & coke? Damn, even I don't do that! I go more 30/70.

Course, there was the time a friend tricked me into downing a glass (as in dinner glass) full of Bacardi 151 (75.5% alcohol). Had to chug 2 beers to get rid of the taste. Needless to say, I was pretty wrecked 5 minutes later. Ended up drinking about 15 more beers though :D

7. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Heheheh... I had no idea how high rum's alcohol content is...
    75.5%?!? How did you not get alcohol poisoning? :eek:

8. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    yikes, that reminds me of everclear, what is it like 90% alcohol? i don't know, anyway it's nothing you would want to drink on purpose. so, this one time in about '92 we were drinking with these weird rocker people who were renting our basement at the time and they had every kind of hard alcohol. they used to like to have us down there, get us really drunk, and then hook us up to these weird electric shock thingies. don't ask...

so, we're drinking mostly whiskey and beer, and i remember showing my friend john how to do tequila shots, i think i showed him about ten times before he got it right. so as it is, i'm already pretty ripped. then this guy doug (one of the weird rocker people) fixes me up this melon drink, it's like an icey drink with melon liquor and vodka, plenty potent as it was, but then i guess (and i wouldn't learn this until later) whenever i turned my back the bastard poured a shot of everclear into my drink. i don't remember too much more about that night...

to this day that night was the closest i've ever come to dying from drinking alcohol. i guess it's that lesson that everybody needs to learn once.

9. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    Quote:

[i]they used to like to have us down there, get us really drunk, and then hook us up to these weird electric shock thingies. don't ask... [/i]

[hr][/blockquote]

No, I'm asking. What the hell were you getting shocked for? :p

10. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    oh, okay fine :p

basically only because we were really wasted. they were like these little electrical pads that you could hook up to any part of your body. the guy who lived down there used them for his bad back. but one night me and my friend wanted to try them out so we were hooking up to our necks and faces, and the guy was progressively turning up the voltage. pretty stupid, but we did get some hilarious pictures out of it.

11. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Hm, I don't really have any experiences with alcohol. At least, not with me drinking alcohol.

When I was 14 though (4 years ago) and my family was driving home from something at night on this rather steep hill on a country road we were passed by a very drunk 16 year old who almost hit us and was going 70 miles an hour, who then went off the road, totalled his car, was thrown out of it to the other side of the road in the process of the car rolling quite a ways beside the road, and died basically instantly.

Okay, that was my "don't drink and drive" speech.

12. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Once one of my friends called me up at about 4:30 in the morning and asked me to come over because she had just broken up with her boyfriend. Not realizing the time, I trekked across campus. She was distraught so we talked for about 2 hours and that's when she brought out the alcohol. Now remember that I said I hadn't realized the time, so she was able to convince me to drink with her.

An hour, 6 beers, and four long island iced teas later, she exclaims, "Oh don't you have an 8:00 class? It's 7:45!" So I stumble off to my sightsinging and ear training class where I proceed to laugh hysterically at everything. It just so happened that it was my turn to perform the weekly exercise. I gave a particularly animated performance and when I sat down I was convinced that my professor had cloned himself and there were now 5 of him teaching the class.

After the class I made it to my former RA's room (who had supplied us with the neccesary materials to mix the long island iced teas) and slept most of the day in his bed. I missed my other two classes that day and when I woke up, I took a beer out of his fridge, ate all his cottage cheese, and went back to sleep in my room. All in all, it was an interesting day I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.