main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(WT#2) Out Of My Early Years (Day 2)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Debo, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    A couple of days ago, I ran into someone I went to school with when I was a kid. I used to see her every day from my 4th to my 12th year.

Her name was (and still is) Rosie, and I used to play with her a lot. I think I played with her every day; and even now, after all these years, I still remember the smell of old wood that filled the house (it was an old farm), the flowers in the garden, the pictures on the wall. Her mother, who was very kind and sweet, always called me "little lion", because I had shiny blond hair (thank God the baldness gene doesn't run in my family).

She was very pretty, Rosie. I'll try and scan a picture of us if I get the chance. I don't know if I loved her, but I do remember getting very jealous when another boy came to play with us once, who lived nearby. I nagged him all day, making sure he felt miserable.

Once, we went to see a big summer parade in the village, and she sat on my shoulders, with me holding her ankles. I used to think we skipped school to see the parade, but my mom said that was impossible, the parade had been on a Saturday.

I remember doing a huge drawing for her once, and her whole family standing around it and praising me. (It's what I'm best known for among friends / family / everyone I met: my drawings. Whenever I meet someone from school or anything, they always ask: "Do you still draw a lot?" I was (and yep, am) excellent at that).

The funny thing is, that when I played with boys, I always was the leader of the gang; but when I played with Rosie, she invented all kinds of games and things to do. Which I liked.

Anyway, I met her again the other day, and she said she remembered me as a great mind, and a sweet boy, and she was sure I was going to be famous one day.

So there. Hope you felt honored reading this, mate.

See ya!

2. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    i don't know that i really felt honored reading that, but it is a very sweet story and a cool little glimpse into your past Casper. when you saw her did you make plans to see each other again or exchange numbers or anything?

3. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yes, we agreed to have dinner once. Which should be fun.

But I don't think it's the beginning of a beautiful friendship. We both have our lives, it'll be strange to think, "Well, we've met again, so now we're going to have to be friends again."

It just has to flow naturally. But I don't know.

4. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    yeah definitely a wait and see what happens sort of deal. it's cool that you saw her again though, and it would be cool if you guys did strike up a new friendship.

is she cute? :D

5. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    She sure is! :D

I'll try and scan a pic of us together. There's one of me sticking out my tongue, and her laughing.

6. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    [image=http://members2.photofun.com/saffron/HQiTOOLImageGallery/fazant%2Ejpg]

There we are.

7. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    That's so sweet.

8. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    oh, you guys are so cute! :D

9. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Wow... what a story. :) That's is so heartwarming, Casper... you two look adorable together.

10. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    ...And a big thanks to Meg for hosting the pic!

11. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    It was my pleasure. :)

12. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    That is quite possibly one of the sweetest things I've read in a very long time. :)

13. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Looks like the link is broken... let me try a new one:

[image=http://home.mn.rr.com/rsafaya/fazant.jpg]

Ahhh, that's better. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.