main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(WT#2)Personal Thread(Day 3) My Baseball career.

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Dark_Lord_Erik, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    Well, let's see.

Back in high school I was considered one of the best baseball players in Rhode Island, and possibly the country.

I played shortstop and pitched. I loved playing, it made me really happy. It's a great way to blow off any stress that you may have.

By the time that I started high school I was receiving scolarship promises from some major colleges around the country. The problem was that my coach was hell-bent on winning.

There were two games that would change my life. The first is a game that I started at pitcher. I threw a shutout in 7 innings of play(In high school you only play 7). It was a great game for me, I was striking out hitters left and right.

Then the second game came(the very next day). I started this game at shortstop. The pitcher that started the game gave up an early run and proceeded to walk the bases loaded. Coach came out to the mound and motioned to me to come over to him. He surely could want me to pitch again? Well, he did. I couldn't say no. Even though I probably should have.

I pitched the rest of the game, allowing only a single baserunner. Sadly, we lost 1-0. This game would put my streak of shutout innings at 28. I wouldn't add to it.

My next start I came out and hit the first three batters. I had nothing left in my arm. I was devistated.

I went to the doctor at the end of the season and he told me that I had torn my rotator cuff and needed sugery.

On July 31st of that year I had it.

All of the colleges that were so keen on offering me scolarships pulled them out from under me. And this ended my career.

I'm in training now, though, so that I can try to restart it. If it happens, good. If not, at least I gave it a shot.

Man, what a boring story. Half of it doesn't even make sense.(Quite tired I am, after work.)

2. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Oh man, that really sucks. I'm sorry. :(

I hope that training goes well for you though. Who knows, you may make it yet! :)

3. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    oh man, Erik that's terrible!

i think it's really cool that you're giving it another shot though. maybe if you can make it all the way back you can sell your life story to hollywood and make a bundle! :D

4. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    That's a pity, Erik. But at least you keep trying, which is pretty commendable. And you're young, so who knows what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.