main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(WT#2) Strange Places You've Found Star Wars (Day 2)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Silmarillion, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    So I was wandering through a local Chinese supermarket looking for lots of sweet goodies when I saw this gorgeous blue monster looking out at me from the shelf:

On closer inspection, it had a Star Wars sticker on it, so being the geek I am, I bought a packet. Okay the snacks are dried noodle cake and really nice, but the Padme sticker I got with it is even cooler!

[image=http://photos.nenya.net/misc/sticker.jpg]

So now I have about 10 of these stickers on my computer. I'm on Padme overload!

Have you found Star Wars in weird places?

2. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    When I was still with Nicole, we visited her boss once, who's a bit of a stiff and serious man, and in an otherwise ordinary, dull, and nearly empty room, he had a Han Solo Bespin action figure sitting on his desk.

We sat there and talked, while I kept looking at the figure, thinking, "Man, what are you doing here?"

3. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    He probably got lost looking for Bespin.

;)

4. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    LOL.

I asked her boss if I could have it, but he said: "I will not give up my favorite decoration. I like Captain Solo where he is."

:D

5. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    I've found Star Wars 3d holograms on boxes of Curad band-aids. They were really cool looking so I bought them yesterday.

As for finding Star Wars in an odd place, no. Not that I can think of.

6. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    i don't know how strange it is, but one day a friend and fellow star wars fan and i were walking down the street in olympia to our favorite pizza place, "old school pizzeria" when on the side of the building, what do we see? lo and behold, it is the coolest looking graffiti charicature of luke skywalker, larger than life staring down at us. over the coming, weeks we would watch that wall become the coolest mural ever, as princess leia, darth vader, chewbacca complete with c-3po on his back, r2-d2, yoda, lando, the death star II, x-wings and ties all joined luke in graffiti stylized splendour. man i wish i could find an image of that mural. it really is a sight to behold.

7. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Heh. Cool! I wish someone would do that sort of grafitti around here instead of "bazza waz ere 82"

;)

8. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    A reference to it here.

Yep, bored. Shut up. Thank you!

9. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    i'm actually really surprised that i can't find a picture of it anywhere. i thought for sure there would be one somewhere on the net. meh, oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.