main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(WT #6) The most fun I've ever had ? The Blue Lagoon

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Bithysith, Aug 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    When I was about 10 years old, my parents accidentally found a camping ground a few hours away from where we lived in Ontario. In this serendipidous twist, we discovered perhaps the most magical place I have ever been to in my life. Every morning, I'd get up early from our campsite in the woods and go to the beach, covered in golden-white fine sand overlooking the clear, cool waters of the great lake. There were cliffs standing meters high, where swallows had built their nests in the clay of the bluffs high above. You could climb your way up, and then roll down without fear of injury, despite the incline and distance. The sun looked beautiful rising over the watery horizon. There were small lagoon-like pools between the beach and tide where there were pure clay deposits, enough to mold your own statue or castle. We stayed here for days... I lost all track of time, and tried to forget civilization. I never wanted to leave. It was my idea of paradise.
    This was the last summer before I hit puberty, and it is the last vibrant memory of my childhood.
    I know I'll never be able to match it again in terms of pure, innocent fun ? until I have my own children, perhaps.
    :)

[image=http://www.ontarioparks.com/pine-mainImage2.jpg]

2. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    That sounds awesome Meg! :)

Some of my fondest childhood memories are of summer camping trips with my dad and the cool places that we would discover.

3. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Good clear-water friend of wilderness
    Sees in the pool her own reflection

Nature's lover climbs the primrose hill
    Smiles at the sky watching the sunset

Yep. See? Golden Earth Girl.

Sweet memory. :)

4. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Thanks you guys. [face_blush] I hope that I'll one day be able to live on the coast. *sigh*

5. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    That sounds wonderful Meg! Our family used to go on lots of camping trips like that and they were all absolutely magical. :)

6. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Thanks, Kerryn.

My parents went camping for their honeymoon. I think that is so romantic and endearing... Snow and I haven't had a honeymoon yet (we've been way too busy), so maybe I'll have to suggest something like that to him. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.