main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(WT#8)(Day 1)(P) The day my dog got hit by a car

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Jobo, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    Okay, here's the story:

I was five. I woke up, and snow was still on the ground from the day before. I walked aroun the house (this was our old apartment, we've since moved). We had recently gotten Claire from the pound. She was mere months. My dad was taking her outside for a walk. He asked if I wanted to come. "No," I said. Thinking again, as my dad went down the steps, I said, "Well, okay!" I scurried through the house to find my shoes and coat. My winter attire on me, I ran down the steps and out the door. There I saw my dog in the middle of the road, a car in front of her, and my dad leaning over her. "Get your mother," my dad said. Stupid ol' me went, "Why?" He said "Just get her!" I ran back up. I remember saying, "Daddy wants you!!" She asked "Why?" I said "I don't know!" She came down, my dad told her to get my brother. the vet. My dad picked up Clare and put her in the car. My older brother and I sat side by side in the car, with Clare in the middle. She had a bleeding nose. We brought her to the vet, about a half hour away (that was the nearest one :-\). That night, we left her at the vet, and all sat around in the living room, as a family. A few weeks later, I learned that she would be paralyzed for her life.... but LIVE!!! Yay!! Anyway, we brought her back, now she either scoots around, or we put a walker on her and she walks around. Since then we've gotten her a companion, too. Buffy is her new friend's name, and she succesfully managed to eat my dinner last night :mad: ;)
    _jOBO
    EDIT: And no, I don't know the meaning of the word paragraph :p

2. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I'll reply, but confess I haven't read it. I absolutely can't take this sort of thing.

3. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    Don't worry, Casper. She was okay :)
    _jOBO

4. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    That's great that she's okay now, Bo. My family has had the worst luck with pets. Not that I'll subject to any of those stories because they're really depressing, but my brother had a border collie named Buffy once!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.