main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(WT#8)(Day 2)(O) Spirited Away

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Jedi Speewwy, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    I am friends with half the Animation department at my school, and this year we decided to start an animation club for fans of any kind of animation. There used to be an Anime club but we thought we'd expand that to include all kinds. Anyway, I'm secretary and as a founding memeber, my job this summer was to help come with ideas for fund raisers and decide upon and fund our first outing. I finally decided on what it will be yesterday.

The El Capitan theater in Hollywood usually has special viewings of the latest Disney animated films along with live shows and exhibits. It appears that since Disney owns the distributing rights to Miyazaki's new film Spirited Away, they're going to be showing it there along with a Miyazaki art exhibit featuring concept art and storyboard sketches from many of his films. We're going to be able to see it in the original Japanese with subtitles instead of the dubbed version. I'm very excited about this because I loved Princess Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service. What I saw of Porco Rosso was also entertaing.

So is anyone else a fan of Miyazaki's work and will you be seeing this movie?

2. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Ah! I love Miyazaki's films! When is Spirited Away coming out? I had no idea it was being released here. :D

3. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I have heard of Princess Mononoke, though these sort of things tend not to reach Holland.

You'll have to discover these things for yourself by looking really really hard for them.

4. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Princess Mononoke is one of my favorite animated films of all time. :D

5. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I liked Princess Mononoke a lot as well, but that's the only one of his films that I've seen, I'll have to check out these other ones.

6. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    Yeah I didn't think it was going to be released here either. I freaked when I saw the flier I got in the mail. I'm pretty sure it's only going to be showing in select theatres as there's hardly a mad rush from the general public to see it. I'm excited because this theatre it's going to be in usually only shows kids movies so most people don't even think about checking what's playing there. The parents that do will most likely take their kids to the English screenings so there probably won't be a huge crowd at the Japanese screening!

7. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    First off, what is SA about? Also, off Miyazaki, anyone know if Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is any good? I haven't seen the original, so...
    _jOBO

8. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    I've only seen parts of Vampire Hunter D but what I saw, I liked. It's not spectacular but it was good.

9. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Vampire Hunter D is classic, old-school animé. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.