main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(WT#8) (Day 2) Prized Possessions

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Debo, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    My grandmother's sister lives in South Africa, and she used to send me all kinds of exotic presents when I was a kid. One of them was a statue of three monkeys depicting "Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil". It looks like this one, though my monkeys are attached to each other so they make up one statue:

[image=http://www.jandjgifts.com/jandj/30130.jpg]

I adored it as a kid, and always found it incredibly fascinating. This thing had travelled to me from South Africa! It was magic! Of course, I also considered the way my father turned out the lights off and on while saying "Hel-lo Cas-per" to be a sensational magic trick, but still.

Do you have a prized possession?

2. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    [face_laugh] That's so cute Casper.

A prized possession? Hmmm, no I really can't say I have one. I guess that's kind of cool not to be too attached to material things and such... still I wish I could think of something.

Ooh I know! There is this one ring...

[image=http://www.orionsrift.com/prodimg/plb.jpg]

I got it for my birthday, it's my precious!

3. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    //waves his fists in the air

4. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
  5. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    That ring rules, Tom. :D My hubby wants one just like it...

My prized possession? A tiny (3/4" square) pewter box with a design of two doves on the lid. I dunno... I've never seen anything like it in stores. It's very unique. :)

6. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I've racked my brain over this all day and the only thing I can think of is a dictionary my grandfather used to own. It was printed in the 1950's and it's wonderfully comprehensive - including common french, italian and latin phrases, a history of the spanish and english, a guide to literary and mythological characters, quotes, music and number theory and geographical and country information.

And it has that old book smell as well. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.