main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(WT#8)(Day 3)*Dreams*

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by deltron_zero, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    If you remember your dreams (and they're not too embarrassing ;) ) post them here.

:)

2. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    There was one about Kerryn the other night;
    i told her about it. She was sitting on a bed with red sheets, playing a flute. And there was a lot of green in the room: I think the curtains or something like that.

One of the dreams I used to have as a kid was one about a flood, with the image of a huge towering wave at the horizon.

And there was one about the Middle Ages, quite detailed: a street, sounds of a market, a lute playing.

It's mad how your mind makes up these things as you sleep.

3. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I'll try extra hard tonight to remember, but one of my most vivid dreams was a futuristic/Blade runner type world. There was a boy and orange juice involved. Very bizarre.

4. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Oooh... I remember alot of my dreams, and I can think of quite a few I could post here, but I don't have enough time right now. I think I'll come back to this thread tonight and share some of my more bizarre dreams. :)

5. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Darnit, I don't remember mine from last night at all. Ah well, sometimes you do, sometimes you don't.

6. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    I have had dreams where I was turned into a vampire... I was able to leap great distances and climb buildings vertically with great ease. I've protected children I was babysitting by an abusive father by locking us in the bathroom and sneaking out the window. I've also had dreams where I was the same person I am now, but male. I've lived in a primitive culture where we existed on a tropical river on crude houseboats.
    Last night I had a dream that I met a restless spirit so strong, that I was able to physically touch him.

My subconscious does strange things... ;)

7. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    //takes notes

I'm a psychologer, after all. ;)

8. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Very interesting Meg. I've had similar dreams about living in a primitive culture before. It actually felt quite normal in the dreams too.

9. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I could give some clues as to what that might mean -- but you know dreams: 80% means absolutely nothing.

10. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Tom, I would be a much happier person if I had been born in a tribal culture.

Casper, I want to get a degree in Psychology... I'm extremely fascinated by the subject. I'd love to hear your opinion. :)

11. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah Casper, that's kind of what I've always thought. Still, I think there can be some very interesting symbolism in dreams. Deciphering how or if it applies to our real lives is the tricky part.

Meg, I think I would too. In a way I think we all would.

12. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Do you want my opinion on psychology?

13. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    On my dreams. ;)

14. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Oh, hehe. [face_blush]

OK, I'll do that first thing tomorrow when I get here. Right now, I really got to log off.

15. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    No rush. :) Have a good one, Casper. I'll see you tomorrow!

16. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    See you tomorrow Casper! :)

17. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Your dreams, Meg.

What's apparent in your dreams, is that you're very nature-oriented. Very physically-oriented in real life, probably (though I don't want to get too intimate). Very emotional as well. The tone of your dreams is that you're one with the world (Earth, to be precise): really close to nature, not really in touch with rules and regulations. You probably don't really believe in laws and conventions, but cling to them to keep some sanity and normality in real life.

Most people stay themselves in their dreams (I do), but you take on all sorts of shapes: a vampire, a male. It's interesting that you switched genders in your dreams: you're one with nature, so you can be male and female. Hence the primitive culture, too. It's all got to do with being close to nature, being very physical -- you touched the restless spirit even.

So that's that side of your personality, I think. It's branded into your consciousness; your parents a like this too a bit, probably.

It's not my speciality to analyze dreams (because I believe in their REM aspect more than their spiritual aspect), but maybe I have given some indications that are of some value. :)

18. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Whoah, that is eerie... I've always been deeply connected to nature, it's something that I can't live without. Living in this society is slowly suffocating me (unfortunately, there isn't much of an alternative left in this world). Your observations about my opinion of "law" is right on ? I have always been skeptical, but I adhere to them because I have a fear of authority, and of hurting other people. I think such a moral code should be instinctively learned and practiced, not enforced.

:)

19. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    I had a very strange, very intense dream last night that I just remembered...

Me and two of my friends were in a very cold place, like Alaska on a vacation of sorts. We were at a cabin next to the ocean, and all around was snow, mountains and ice. We were looking at the stars and the moon when all of a sudden there was a remarkable lunar eclipse. We watched it in awe, but then things got really strange. A few minutes later there was another one, then all of a sudden the moon flew out of the sky and all the stars began to spin out of control. The ground shifted and the sea began to rise up, and we were suddenly aware that the Earth had been thrown out of it's orbit. Without saying anything, we made a run for it, and the rest of the dream was spent sledding, yet without sleds, down ice-covered mountains and hills, as a gigantic tidal wave crept up behind us.

Very bizarre.

20. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    "One of the dreams I used to have as a kid was one about a flood, with the image of a huge towering wave at the horizon."

I've been there, boy. You've got a lot of catching up to do. Dream on! :D

But that one's hard to analyse. I could do Meg's one quite well, but this -- hmmm...

21. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey yeah, I didn't even think of that!

Although I'm sure reading that effected my subconcious in some way.

22. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Very interesting dream, Tom. It reminds me of that horrible scene in the new Time Machine where the moon starts to break apart.

I had a mildly similar nightmare at the end of June. It was almost a waking dream. I was in our bedroom, putting Beaker in his cage. It was late evening, and very dark outside. Suddenly, a violent blue-purple light radiated underneath our blinds. I ran over and pulled them up to see what I knew would be a rising mushroom cloud. Suddenly, I was awake, and standing at the bedroom window, holding the blinds up. My hubby was seriously freaked out... he heard me gasp in my sleep and saw me run over - apparently I wasn't awake at the time.
    I don't think I've ever walked in my sleep before. :eek:

23. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Wow, that is scary! I've had a few apocalyptic dreams like that myself, they're some of the freakiest ones I've ever had.

24. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    They are. I was shaking when I went back to bed after waking from that dream. Thankfully, I haven't had any nightmares recently.

25. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, me neither. Even that weird dream that I had the other night never had that nightmare feeling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.