main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(WT#8) (Day 4) Five Of My Drawings

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Debo, Aug 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Tell her it's great work, Tom. I especially like the woman's figure from the second drawing, how it's drawn. Very good. Takes some courage to do it that way, with the hands like that. And the facial expression of the devil guy.

She can write and draw -- she should illustrate her own poems!

2. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Here are a few of mine. Pencil is my favourite medium.

[image=http://www.nenya.net/see/ani.jpg]

[image=http://www.nenya.net/see/tiepilot.jpg]

[image=http://www.nenya.net/see/gandalf.jpg]

3. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Tom -- Laurie's first drawing reminded me of this cover of the Hobbit for some reason:

[image=http://www.jrrtolkien.org.uk/Images/hobitcov.jpg]

I think they're both remarkable! And if Laurie's reading, they're absolutely gorgeous hon!

4. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Wow, Kerryn -- that Gandalf is fantastic. And the shadowy bit behind Anakin's glasses is very well executed; very hard to do with pencil. And I like his expression, which is even harder to do.

Looks like we have some great talents here.

5. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    I love that Gandalf... the pencil work is gorgeous. I especially like the shadows and textures. But of course, he's also my favorite character of those three. :)

6. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    You guys are a little too talented.

I'd buy your art. Have any of you ever sold anything?

7. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Thanks Erik. :) I've never sold anything individually, though I have tentatively considered it.

8. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yeah, the pencil work on Gandalf is absolutely amazing. Some cool effects there you've got out of that pencil.

9. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    My god, you guys are all so amazingly talented. I really wish I'd kept up with my drawing. I haven't in YEARS.

10. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Seems like most of us have a great love of art, though. :) That's all that really matters, isn't it?

11. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yeah, that's cool, isn't it, Meg? We're all creative: make music, write, draw.

12. Kerr_Plunk

Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2002

now that i am here, i just want to tell you all how incredibly talented i think you all are!

i've been meaning to ask you, Debo, what medium you use.. it looks like coloured ink pen or watercolour... ?

13. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Or maybe even some pastels. Casper's work is so vibrant!

It's great to see you here, Laurie. :D

14. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Well, Laurie -- you can call me Casper -- I'm probably about the least technical guy you're likely to meet when it comes to that.

I just say "I did it with that brown one" or "that funny ink one". And I don't really know the right English words for them.

But two black fine-liner pens I use are: "Staedtler micropen 346 S" and "Hema rollingpen gel inkt". The latter can produce good thin lines, but sometimes leaks a little inkt so your fingers get dirty and leave prints on the drawings.

What I do, often, is start with the Steadtler or a Bruynzeel ordinary fine-liner, then fill in the details (lines in faces, folds in clothes) with the great Rotring rapidoliner, the best of the lot. Then, I use either pastels, pencils (or black leads), or felt-tip pens for the colours. Sometimes, I do the colours with felt-tip pens and add little shadows and "depths" with a pencil, because it allows you to naturally "darken" a colour in places.

So that's it! My secret. ;)

15. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    I've always had problems with adding colors to my work (I do mostly grayscale drawings). Thanks for the tips, Casper!

16. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    With greyscale drawings, I tend to overdo it. Too many lines, too many shades and folds in clothes, et cetera. And I fill everything in with a shade of grey instead of leaving it open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.