main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL WT*?????

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediScout, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkeynutz

monkeynutz Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2004
    Anthony,

Evidently you didnt read the other post as to what WT* means now did you? No one was cursing or using it as a curse word. So maybe you need to read a little bit more before you start telling people to lighten up. And who said you have to be 21+ in order to hear a cuss word or see it written, last time I checked 18 was an adult. I hear cuss words every day on the radio and tv, so therefore once again you dont make sense. Maybe you can go work on your "awesome" Jango costume, yes Ive seen your thread over at RPF. Ha ha "the pose" some people are just way too nice now a days. Thats all Im going to say on that.

Marcus,

It wasnt Mincacia that orginally edited the post, it was Dantana who did. So no one is really arguing with here. And along with Jediscout Ive see her posting on how she now is a smite and will smite anyone. Next they will be telling me that I need to change my board name, or wait what if I changed it to WT*? Now thats a good one isnt it. Maybe with her editing that she did, she could have PMed Jediscout or sent him an email with all the banned word and abbrevs. and explained what she did.

Now back to the topic, me being a female, I was offended by the "panties in a twist" remark. Whats that supposed to mean. Men in panties? I was offended by that remark, so now is it safe to say that, that phrase should be now banned? Thats fine shes a moderator, but who is going to moderate the moderators? Im personelly upset at the way she responded on the boards, a moderator shouldnt do that, makes her look like she doesnt need to be one. I think it was unprofessional and deserves to be looked at. Also I would think that a moderator from Utah would be policing the Utah boards or whatever section she was assigned. I mean heck the lead singer of U2 said the F word on national tv, and didnt get in trouble. Why? Becasue he used it as an adjective, and not describing a sexual act.

Like Howard Stern said, if you going to ban what we can say, then at least let us know what we can and can not say.

Melissa

2. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    First off I'd like to apologize to everyone about misunderstanding the whole WTF thing. I should have read the previous posts more throughly, although I was writing that during Hurricane Charlie, but that is no excuse.

Monkeynutz,

I really think you have chosen the wrong place and mannor of beginning your postings on these boards. And your attempt at making a personal attack on my costume was uncalled for. And quite simply put, I couldnt give a crap what you think of my work.

It looks like the OFF is now the WTF. When did that change? Correct me if I am wrong.

Please accept my apologies,
    -Anthony

3. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Now now you guys behave. Things were said by everyone, dont get mad at each other. Lets be civil, but to side with Anthony his costume looks good. Hes what 16? and he did it pretty much by himself. Not everyone has thousands of dollars to go by everything perfect and cannon. Although I do like to be accurate in every single way possible, and have spent thousands on costume and other things.

In the words of Rodney King "Cant we all just get along?"

4. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    I'm 15 actually, lol. And yeah pretty much by myself. Low budget stuff gong on there. So, whens the next meeting? I dont think anything happened in August, so whats up? the 21st or the 28th would be good days. I'll go post this in that other thread...

5. monkeynutz

Aug 13, 2004
    Baiting.

6. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
  7. monkeynutz

Aug 13, 2004
    Now, now, flaming is against the TOS.

8. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    My level? I think I shall not stoop to your level of insulting 15 year old boy's costumes. Why are you here anyways? So far you have only caused problems.

9. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    All right. Let me explain some things.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with the rules, they are the rules. And board protocol amongst the monderators, managers, admins, and RSAs of FanForce is that if one of us comes across something inappropriate, we are to edit it. Yes, even if we are outside of our forum.

I don't know if this Worldwide Tatooine Federation or whatever it's called existed before I edited out the verboten acronym or not. It doesn't matter. There was no reference to the name in the thread, I've been hanging around the Orlando board for months now and have never seen a reference to it. I was editing out something that is not allowed, and nothing more.

I am not power-hungry. I am not out to silence you. I was simply doing what I have been told to do as a moderator of this message board. Trust me, if I were as awful as you seem to think I am . . .

As for my paying attention to the Orlando board? I live in Orlando right now. I was hoping to participate here, but if people are going to be so hostile towards me because I'm a moderator, I guess I'm going to have to reconsider.

Dana

10. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Alright. I'm going to close this thread now. I had left it open for questions and civil discussion. Most of you do that very well, and I thank you for being honest and civil. However, to keep things from escalating further, I am going to go ahead and lock this up.

If anyone has any questions, concerns, etc. Feel free to contact me via PM or send an email to minacia@hothlantarebels.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.