main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx WTF?!?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Zam_Holly, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zam_Holly

Zam_Holly Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    I have been noticing lately that no one seems to want to reply to any of my posts outside of my little circle of people that I know real well. My threads seem to be ignored or barely responded to at all. For example, I posted a note about a little get together that we are having at Casa de Greedo's Mom tomorrow night, and the only people that responded that they would stop by was Kreleia (& Rob), Void, & Mick. I really appreciate all of the congratulatory messages, but I DID ask a question, so I could do a little bit of shopping for tomorrow night. Another example is some of the posts on the Comic Con thread that I made had some questions and they were completely ignored.

Have I done something to offend everyone? I thought that the point of this group was for people to make new friends, talk about Star Wars and hang out. It just doesn't seem to be the case for me anymore. Am I wasting my time by posting to the boards? If I have offended anyone than sincerely apologize...well except to Darth_Myles. I am allowed to pick on him as I am marrying his brother... :D

Okay, I am done ranting now. I would really like some responses on this one, as it troubles me greatly.

Yours truly,

~ troubled assasin

?[face_plain] :mad: [face_devil] :_| [face_laugh]

2. Darth_Myles

Darth_Myles Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Well, I personally think you smell funny. Or it could just be the way your hair looks like you stuck a fork in an electrical socket in the mornings!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Kind of hard for me to respond, being that most of what you have posted was about stuff you had to be in Phoenix for :D

But now that you mention it.... ;) j/k

4. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Can't say that I know of any reason why people would have been offended. Probably just that people have been occupied with a lot of different things lately (Having been involved in alot of the peoples problems and activities, I know this) I'd say be patient. And if you have certain people in mind who you'd like to attend, try to contact them directly to find out if they're coming. There hasn't been much activity on the boards lately you know.

5. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    i've always thought my super power is the ability to kill a thread before it starts...

6. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    dont worry too much about people responding to posts...alot of people lurk, or just cant check the boards every day. sometimes people just don't post anything because they don't have an opinion or can't make an event or such. i dont think you've offended anyone, but don't expect the boards to blow up when you ask a question. sometimes noone posts replies to my threads either. it doesn't mean they dont like me...it could be lots of reasons. if you are trying to reach specific people, try PMing or email, those ususally get better results...

7. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    EDIT

I have chosen to edit this post because some of the extremely personal opinions expressed here do not belong on this board. While the personal advice is very important, the nature of this response belongs in a PM and not a post. This thread really should have asked for PM responses from the beginning because of it's very personal nature.

Choad's Girl had a very thought out response aimed at giving some very detailed feedback that was requested, but I'm making the call that it was too personal to post. Please take up any issues with me editing this directly in PM.

8. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    this might be a little off topic, but check your email. I sent you something in the one from your profile. enjoy :D

9. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    tbh, i had no idea you felt this way. whenever i see you at the gatherings you always seemed to get on well with everyone, even that weird guy scott, are you two like dating or something? ;)

but seriously, you are a part of this group even if it looks like you're being ignored on the boards. heck, what other group can you be this honest with and not have everyone get mean and defensive and stuff? besides, some of us are online more than others (praise be the cable modem), so it's hard to tell if a thread is being ignored or if people just can't think of anything to say in response quickly enough.

i guess what i'm trying to say is, you're an important part of this group, and nothing's going to change that. at least, not till the revolution comes... [face_devil] :D

10. Lord_Reaper

Lord_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    To add to Blackfeathers nearly perfect post...
    Can I get a "HELL YEAH!"
    LEMME GET A HELL YEAH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.