main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WTH happens to the ARC troopers?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ARCstudent, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HHH356

HHH356 Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    About the whole Corran Horn thing. Did you guys even bother to read Jedi Trial? Anakin is not the only one in the jedi club house with a wife on the side. I mean come on just because it's against the rules won't stop them all jedi or not. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon is Corran father and lucas approved it so enough of the fighting kids, don't make me turn this computer around!! J/K

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The2ndQuest: If it was a nod, GL would have said it was a nod, he's done many times before in his commentary's. The banging of the head was him putting a little joke in and showing that Jango passed that trait along, and trying to "infer" what GL "really" meant is just stupid. Accept it, Stromtroopers are clones of Jango. The EU where other people (non-clones) are stromtroopers is wrong. We have it from GL's mouth - the stromtroopers are clones of Jango. Hell even look at the databank, characters like Han Solo, and Crix Madine have had their involment with the Empire taken out of the movie section of their bios since AotC. I know you don't like it, but its just the facts of the SWU now.

It was addressed in the films that Jedi do not marry and have children, there for Corrans father was not a Jedi, simple as that.

C-3PO is not 112 years old. Thats like saying if I build a car using a 50 year old chasy I just build a 50 year old car. Anakin used spare parts he found at Watto's a build a droid, C-3PO is not 112 years old anymore, that EU is wrong.

calidevilguy I hate to break it to you, but the Clone Wars is Expanded Universe material. This board follows the "EU is canon" basis that the rest of the EU forums follow.

Continue down your current path of posts and you will be banned for trolling. Please consider this your warning.

EDIT: And I'll pretend that you were in the middle of posting when I posted mine, so doubly warned. :)

3. calidevilguy

calidevilguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2004
    The2ndQuest: So I am going by what GL said, and you are saying "well what he really meant was" and I'm infering? All the stromtroopers are clones of Jango, you don't like it, take it up with GL. As for banging ones head not being a gentic trait - Jango has bad perferial vision, he doesn't see the door, that is passed onto the Stromtroopers, since we now know they are all clones of Jango.

Han was going to be a pilot (clones too) and Crix was a special forces, and Stromtrooper before that, both parts have now been removed cause now clones of Jango filled both roles.

NO Jedi got married, we now know if they did thy would be expelled from the Jedi order. Its brought up in AotC AND RotS. Do did Obi-Wan really mean something else? It doesn't matter if GL approved it, he's changed it.

The car is a perfect example. Anakin got spare parts and build a new droid. Hes not 112 years old, he was created shortly before TPM. The PT has made several of these old EU stories/facts wrong.

4. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Ki-Adi Mundi has several wives IIRC. It's due to the male/female ratio on Cerea.

Sorry, why are we bickering about EU again? :)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. calidevilguy

calidevilguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2004
    Can't say he wasn't warned...

6. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    But the Kaminoans said in the movie that they needed to leep Jango on Kamino as long as possible for future generations of clones. Surely this implies that they can't clone from a clone*, they need the original source.

Bearing in mind that Jango Fett died shortly thereafter, is it likely that the Stormtroopers in service 20 years later were all cloned from that same guy? The personnel needs of the Empire were far greater than the creation of an Army.

Even if they'd started a batch without the growth-acceleration, I don't think their 'current' batch of Jango-Juice would be enough for all StormTroopers from that point on.

Oh, and since all SW TV Shows so far are considered EU, I'm afraid you are in a EU Forum. ;)

*A bit like copying VHS to VHS I'd imagine.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> All the stromtroopers are clones of Jango, you don't like it, take it up with GL.<<

It was GL who said there are clones not made from Jango.

>>As for banging ones head not being a gentic trait - Jango has bad perferial vision, he doesn't see the door, that is passed onto the Stromtroopers<<

Going by the films, it seems to be more of a helmet issue ("I can't see a thing in this helmet!").

Anyways, I digress, let's get back to the ARC Troopers...

8. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Jango has bad perferial vision...

I dunno, I'd think a bounty hunter with bad vision would be a pretty piss poor one...certainly not the type you'd base and entire Clone Army on.

9. ARCstudent

ARCstudent Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    I'm assuming the Kaminoans have decent technology if they are cloners. Thus you would not need Jango Juice. Is this a reference to sperm, because I doubt that they are cloning that way. You can just take the DNA and seququence it entirely and save it on a hard drive.

10. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    I didn't mean Jango-Juice was sperm, no ;) I just meant whatever method the Kaminoans use for extracting the template. And yeh, I know what you mean about storing the data, but the way the Kaminoans talk, it would appear that they can't just write an image file for later use. That's why they need Jango on Kamino.

(or so it seems to me :p )

11. ARCstudent

ARCstudent Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    No I think Jango was there to train the ARC's and to lead ObiWan to the planet with the droid factories. That was the plan after all wasn't it. And if they needed a template why not use Bobba?

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the novelization to AOTC does say they keep Jango there so he can supply them with template samples every so often.

I would deduce from that that the Kaminoan methods eventually end up deteriorating the samples used after so many clones are made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.