main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC WWE nutcase.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shindo_Windu, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    I've always had a big interest in Wrestling in general, and I was wondering, or rather curious, I know I'm not alone, even if about 99% of all wrestling matches are "set", but they do get really hurt sometimes. So my inquiry is, if any wrestler has influenced the way you think or act, or if there was one you paticularly cared for because of his style of talking or lingo or mere stage presence, who would it be eh?

2. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    ... umm no... well maybe Nova but he's on TWA...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

3. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I'm old school(Gawd I hate that term) wrestling myself. We're talking the old Mid-Atlantic Wrestling they use to tape at the WRAL studios. Ivan Koloff, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Rick Steamboat, Greg Valentine, etc. There was no WWE. The WWF was a Northeast thing, the AWA in the Midwest(which is where Hulk Hogan got his start) Both Florida and Georgia had their own league(anyone remember the Fabulous Freebirds?) Harley Race was THE world champ. Those were the days.

4. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    Foley. Read his books, studied his promos, I like to think like him if I need to get up in front of others and speak

bang, bang.

5. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    The Hardy Boys were the best to me. I mean, these cats came out of North Varolina representin as a pretty hardcore tag team. I know I said a wrestler, as in to incinuate a single one, but those two were a working unti. And they were daredevils, and a bit psycho. To me, it's like they were a bit show-off-ish, but they were just having fun, enjoying the fame. Too bad we won't ever see them together again..

6. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    In WWE I think the Brood was cool but no one messes with the 'Taker.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

7. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    what's the deal with this?

"Three professional wrestlers were recently accused of sexual misconduct by several flight attendants as they returned from a trip from Europe last year. The attendants say that they were sexual assault by Nature Boy Ric Flair, ?Outsider? Scott Hall and Dustin ?Goldust? Runnels. According to written reports, Flair is accused of being partial nude while wearing only cape. He is also accused of forcing the attendants of placing their hands on his crouch and sexually assaulting an attendant in back of the plane. Runnels is accused of making a sexual lewd comment to one of the attendants and Hall is accused of asking for oral sex. All three wrestlers are under a contract with the World Wrestling Entertainment Inc., owned by Vince McMahon. The lawsuit was filed in March and the wrestlers have until May 9, 2004 to respond." - CP

8. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    One of my favorites from years ago, was the Great Muta. :) And wrestling isnt what it used to be.... :(

9. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Anyone remember G.L.O.W.?

10. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Georgous Ladies of Wrestling? Nope.

11. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    "Gorgeous" Ladies of Wrestling...yes, me neither....

12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Nope never heard of them. Never. :D

13. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    R...V...D.

14. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    "the fear I see when I look in your eyes, makes me believe that I'm one of a kind,
    The fear I leave in the back of your mind, makes you believe that I'm one of a kind."

Coolest intro music

Mr. Thursday Night. The whole F'n show.

15. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I also grew up on MACW, FCW, and GCW when the territories still existed and simply put, Ric Flair is the man. (Regardless of his recent incident on a plane). The perfect combination of a talented wrestler and the master cutter of promos. He's never changed his style regardless of whether he was cheered or booed. I saw him wrestle in Washington, NC at the high school gym when I was around 10-11 years old tagging with Magnum TA versus Arn and Tully, long before the Horsemen days. Even though he was getting heavily booed, there was something I immediately remember liking about him.

FYI: David Flair is wrestling in Greenville next weekend along with Bobby Eaton and George South.

16. Yoda1968

Yoda1968 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2004
    The Undertaker seems to effect me a little, just his mere presents, its like he brings a certain ora to the ring with him especially old school taker. He is very fasinating to me.

17. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Man.... good ole Magnum TA. Those were the days, eh?

18. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    There was a Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling convention in Charlotte a couple of months ago that I went to. I guess he had lasting effects from his car wreck. He walks with a cane and noticable limp. He's pretty much lost use of his right hand. He was signing autographs left-handed and his wife was having to secure the photos on the table so they wouldn't slide. But when he was introduced, he (along with Arn Anderson) got the biggest pops of all the legends that included Ricky Steamboat, the Rock & Roll Express, Tully Blanchard, JJ Dillon, and a ton of other great guys. Considering the company he was in, it was great to see the respect he still got from the fans.

19. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    After Lod-reh destroyed the magic of Wrestling for me by telling me that they are not as big as they claim them to be.

I learned that I am taller than 95% of the people that wrestle. I learned that I am bigger than 95% of them. I no longer see them the way I use to. I think I could probally kick some of there asses.

I am currently 6'4 and 260 pounds. I have learned that they are about 2 to 6 inches shorter than what the people claim they are. They are atleast 20 to 50 pounds smaller than what they claim they are. Perhaps I should start lifting weights and see if I can test myself in a tough enough program on MTV.

I could call myself Sammy "The Bull" Myers

20. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    /groan

Anyways, yeah, Magnum TA was badly hurt in a motorcycle accident, in Charlotte, I believe.

21. Yoda1968

Yoda1968 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2004
    nothing like a good ol dim lit gym, with just a touch of air condition, and the stars appear through a have hung curtain. Best ive ever seen was is in Raleighs old Dorton Arena, Saw the Road Warriors,Hawk (God rest his soul) and Animal, kick but on the horsemen. I love the horsemen, always have, always will, but it had to be the Original Horsemen, Ole and Arn Anderson, Tully Blacnchard, and of course the Man! Ric Flair! I always hated to see them tangle with the Roadies, cause it wasnt much of a fight, The warriors were so awesome, Hawk will truly be missed,he was one of a kind.

22. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Ooooh, I was just talking about that at lunch with Lodreh. I saw the Great American Bash at the Dorton Arena, and when the Road Warriors came out, I patted Animal and Hawk on the arms. They were about my height, but HUGE.

23. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Looks like Lance Storm has called it quits as a full time wrestler. He has 4 bulging disks and is heading down to OVW as a trainer. That is unfortunate news since he is a talented guy, though he hasn't been used much at all lately

24. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    The WWE never used him properly. Shame.

25. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    From a couple of months ago . . . Horsemen Style!

[image=http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Dal--Intrepid/ole.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.