main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    The new belt isn't the best they've ever had but at least it's better than the spinner.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It could have been worse. I would prefer it if the side panels were what the central piece looked like.

And what is the obsession with rinestones? Cena's belt was covered in them and so is this. They make it look cheap and tacky, bring back gold and platinum and chrome plating

4. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't care as much for the Rock's custom version as I do the original. I like the side plates and the deep blue background on the first.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Apparently the side panels are interchangable so that whoever's the champion can put whatever they want in them.

Yeah that's going to be fun when Cena wins at WM and holds the belt for like, the next three years.:rolleyes:

6. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    Well Punks side panels will have a taped fist with a red x.

Cody Rhodes will have a mustache.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Cena won't hold the WWE Title too long I think. For one thing he'll be booed out of the building by a New York crowd at Mania, and another he simply doesn't attract people the way Punk does. Heel or face Punk will get ratings because he's watchable, The Rock simply by standing in the ring will bring ratings in from all audience spectrums which Cena can't match.

ESPN ripping into how terrible one of Cena's recent promos was is enough in itself, the guy simply doesn't cut it anymore. Time was he was unsurpassable, in the last year he's taken a back seat to two guys.

Also, sounds like Undertaker is unlikely to make it to Wrestlemania, a real shame if it is true. Maybe it is time for the Deadman to retire and enter the HOF as he deserves.

8. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    I think we'll have to wait and see what happens next week. They're in Texas and if Undertaker is going to show up, it'll be there.

Though part of me is hoping he doesn't confront CM Punk but instead Brock Lesnar while defending HHH. Punk has so much better chemistry with Cena and Rock. It would make a great culmination their feud.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    On the other hand, Punk breaking the Streak would be an interesting 'Mania storyline in and of itself. Especially given that Punk's current storyline is him wanting respect (and the title, of course), and 'Taker has traditional been all about respect.

And glad I'm not the only one who thinks Hunter's coming back next week. WWE really made it obvious there by setting up a 'match' between Heyman and Vince (One that I actually don't think is going to happen IMO)

Hadn't heard about that. Good a link or a YouTube?

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

I fully expect this to be apart of Swagger and Zeb Colter's next promo.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    TMZ.com reported that Jake Hager aka Jack Swagger, was arrested last night after the TV tapings in Biloxi and charged with speeding, a DUI and possession of marijuana.

And now we know who's winning the SMACKDOWN title match at WM

12. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    He won't even be in the match. They will stop his push and take him off television. This is the end of Swaggers WWE career.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    On the other hand, given that the "Real American" angle with Mantell is getting them some outside pub (even if some of the media outlets don't get that it's an angle), I could see them continuing things until 'Mania allowing Del Rio to win and then dropping it and suspending Swagger then (since this would be his first violation of the Wellness Policy with the Pot possession).

Part of it depends on how Swagger acted as he was arrested. If he went quietly, then I could see WWE maybe trying to minimize the damage by just booking him to lose against Del Rio and then taking him off TV and the road for 30 days. If he acted otherwise, then yeah, it could probably be the end of his WWE career.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It generally depends how much WWE want to keep him around. If they think he is a lost cause they will cut him loose as they have done with many other stars.

Regarding the ESPN thing on Cena, which was back in January, all links I can find just use the same short quote that was used to criticise him - "This man used to be money on the mic, but his promo on Raw was seriously one of the most ridiculous, time-wasting experiences I've sat through in years. Curious to know whether his writers are really this out of touch, or if Cena actually thinks he's being funny."

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    My gut is that they if they really thought Swagger was a lost cause they wouldn't have started his current push, and then definitely wouldn't have given him Dutch Mantell (aka Zeb Colter) as a mouthpiece/manager if they didn't think there was something they could still get out of Swagger. The angle's itself prior to the arrest was also getting publicity, and that's why I think they may just keep the angle going (but minimize the exposure), and then have him lose to Del Rio at 'Mania and suspend him afterwards.

Though if they want the go all the way right - winger on this, then maybe they can get Pat Robertson as a part of the angle given his recent stance on legalizing pot.:p

With Cena I almost want to say, maybe a mix of both these days? It's said because Cena's early promos were probably his best.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Swagger has talent, but so did other stars like Mr Kennedy. I am convinced the only reason Drew McIntyre is being kept around is because they are trying to find a way to get him over and push him the way that was originally planned when he first arrived. But in the end if WWE are putting lots of time and effort (and money) into pushing a guy and he isn't delivering then high-ups will start to wonder if they are better off just being cut loose.

Swagger is very talented and could be a new kind of Kurt Angle, but if he is going to get injured or suspended frequently and can't get over with the public regardless of his in-ring skills then WWE will tire of handing him chances when they have NXT people and others who they could be elevating instead.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's possible I could be wrong, but I think this is the first time Swagger's been in this type of trouble. The layoff he recently returned from was because WWE didn't know what to do with him before coming up with the "Real American" gimmick and the idea of pairing him with Mantell.

Kennedy on the other hand, in addition to some of his other troubles botched a move that nearly landed Randy Orton on his head and Orton happens to be a pal of Triple H (which if you think about it, goes a long way to explaining why Orton hasn't been fired with all the suspensions and other shenanigans he's been through).

18. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Since January 8th ESPN.com has been putting out power rankings for the WWE every Tuesday based on what happened the night before on Raw. Thats where the Cena quote comes from, it was the day after he cut that aweful promo on the last Raw before the Royal Rumble. The Shield is on top of the most recent rankings.

19. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    RVD was suspended. Sabu was suspended. Hacksaw and Iron Sheik were fired. The list goes on and on.

WWEs corporate website says that being caught with drugs is treated just the same as testing positive for them. It also says a superstar caught with drugs can be terminated. Swagger is likely going to get a 30 day suspension though for his first offense. While WWE might have liked the press attention the racist angle was getting, they won't hold off on the suspension until after April 6th. They have plenty of time to replace Swagger and they'll likely do it. Especially since HHH just sold Bruno Sammartino on the idea that their wellness program is the bees knees.

Orton is on strike two of three strikes since the wellness policy was implemented. He's on relative thin ice.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I guess we'll find out for certain Monday since SMACKDOWN's already been taped.

And since I couldn't resist this one on the memegenerator:

[​IMG]

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    He & Evan Bourne should have a High vs High Match at Wrestlemania.

Explains why he hasn't been champion for a while despite the popularity he has. Difficult to make a guy champion when he may get fired for breach of policy

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    *Facepalm* WWE's inviting Glenn Beck to RAW Monday

23. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    I don't think he'll accept. They only did it because he criticized them for their tea party gimmick with Swagger and Dutch. It's sort of like Bischoff challenging Vince to a match in WCW.

That said, reports are suggesting that WWE plans on inducting Donald Trump into their Hall of Fame. The video announcement was "at one point" scheduled to air last Monday but didn't. It is not known why it didn't happen. Was it time constraints? Was it because the deal fell apart? The report did say "at one point" it was scheduled. Was it because even they thought making the announcement on Presidents Day was rather controversial?

The same reports say that Cyndi Lauper is also "being" considered. So I don't know if its saying the Trump thing collapsed and they're going with Cyndi or it's saying Cyndi was considered, but they went with Trump. I hope to hell the Trump thing fell apart and they're going with Lauper. Not only does she deserve it more, but she's also a bit more likeable.

Frank T. likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, the only bright spot about the Beck thing is that it's doubtful he'll show up (especially given that RAW's in Texas Monday). Still... *facepalm*

I too hope Trump doesn't get inducted and Cyndi does. Difference between between Trump and Lauper is that she was part of what helped make the WWE as big as it was in the 80's and Trump is a big blowhard who's appearances are by and large forgettable.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    WWE's response to Glenn Beck, bookended by a normal promo.

Glenn Beck's mouth has probably saved Jack Swagger's job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.