main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    A damn shame indeed, he was among the finest of all managers. I had hoped he may still make more appearances, and be around to get inducted into the HOF or induct Undertaker/Kane.

Apparently he was in a wheelchair during his last recorded public appearance. Seems his last WWE appearance (being wheeled into a freezer by Orton) wasn't for show then, he clearly needed it.
    Perhaps his weight was an issue? I thought he had surgery for it years back but maybe he put it back on.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    There was hope as late as Tuesday afternoon before the news broke among fans that he might come back during the Punk/Taker 'Mania angle and do a promo battle with Heyman. That would have been epic to see. Hopefully they put him in this year's HOF class. Hopefully there is a ten bell salute for him Monday.

The latest from WrestlingObserver.com is that it seems he was diagnosed with a blood clot on Saturday. It wouldn't surprise me if if an autopsy determines that it burst and caused a massive heart attack.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003

Official WWE Tribute Video, most likely to go out on Smackdown & Raw

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    On a happier note, I found this on Bruno Sammartino's YouTube channel:

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    TNA's tribute to the Impact Zone:

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It actually took me until today to realize the guy in the rhinestone blazer near the end of WWE's tribute video was Heenan. Damn, cancer's changed him a lot.:(

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Paul Bearer's final wrestling appearance:

10. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Actually that clip of Heenan is 5 or so years old. Since then he has had jaw replacement surgery and can't really speak anymore. Like what happened to Roger Ebert.. I won't post a picture but you can guess how that looks. He's still the Brain behind the frail body though and does autograph signings.

11. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    ooooohhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeees lmao

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Nice to see Moody still working with talent even at the lower levels of the industry. His love for the business is clear to see, and the business loved him because of it.

He didn't look in bad shape during that appearance though, he was at one stage massively overweight.

"The Father of Destruction" is an excellent and suitable name, after all he was largely responsible for getting Undertaker & Kane over at the start of their careers when they weren't big talkers (or total mutes in Kane's case).

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    He apparently did one last appearance as Percy Pringle as well, but that clip apparently isn't up on YouTube yet.

Hopefully the WWE tribute video airs on RAW tomorrow night (I didn't see it anywhere on SMACKDOWN).

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    More than the video one hopes, I'm sure at least Undertaker and/or Kane will do something if they are present.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm just hoping Vince doesn't do something crass and Jerry Lawler it using Punk and Heyman.

I mean, yeah, it'd get them heel heat, but it would be even more tasteless than Paul Heyman faking the heart attack was.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Fluk Vince. Serioiusly, fluk Vince.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I thought it was well done overall, I can't see Vince or Punk having gone ahead with such a thing if Undertaker was unhappy with it.

And it got Kane a win in the Main Event which is always good.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Probably, so but I was wincing when Punk came out in the opening and wanting to throw things in the last minute of RAW.

I was thinking, "How long as it been since Kane was in the ME on RAW?" Probably since he lost the mask in the first place. Even longer since he got a ME win, which was nice, even if the ending sort of washed all that way IMO.

I thought the opening angle wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. At least he didn't slam Bearer and it lead to what I thought was a pretty good match (better than the first time Punk faced off against Kane - though admittedly the no DQ stip and storyline probably helped). I do wish they had showed Kane coming out onstage to attack Punk on RAW proper rather than on their Interactive thing. I did think the end with Punk and the urn may have crossed the line somewhat. We'll have to see how the next few weeks shake out, I guess. But if there was any thought of Punk possibly winning WM before, that thought is gone now.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Lookie what I found!

DarthTunick likes this.
  21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I thought the RAW crowd was kinda dead, they barely responded to the Bearer stuff much other than appaulding the main video. A bunch of them cheered Punk intterupting Undertaker and the Main Event was mainly mediocre in terms of crowd response.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I thought the crowd reacted strong to the opening and ending of RAW, though it did seem dead during the much of RAW including the Rock/Cena segment. But maybe that's just me.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    *snickers, for once a 'security guard' got smart and ran.

25. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Apparently The Rock wants to be in the new Star Wars movie......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.