Arena WWE/TNA (Pro Wrestling) Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Courtesy wrestlingobserver.com/f4wonline.com:

--The WWE is auctioning off in the Hurricane Sandy Relief fund, the ability to pitch a storyline to Stephanie McMahon. They valued it at $7,500. It was up to $1,300 as of last night.

--In order to fit in more of the ceremony and not snub one particular person, the USA Network has expanded the Hall of Fame TV special on Tuesday night to 75 minutes, from 10 to 11:15 p.m.

*The Rock will be on the cover of the next video game
  2. Frank T. Force Ghost

star 6
    Will Punk end the Streak? I say...yes.
  3. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    I doubt it. I know they probably didn't bank on it when they made the match (and I'm not really a fan of a lot the stuff done in the storyline), but Punk's actions after Paul Bearer's death have made it such that 'Taker victory is inevitable. I'll be shocked if Punk loses tomorrow.

If Cena wins the title from Rock, I predict there will be a riot in Jersey.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Apr 6, 2013
  4. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    HOF spoiler (open)
    Trish Stratus announced that she's four months pregnant during her HOF speech.
  5. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    Being the casual (well, very casual) fan of the WWE that I am, other than Taker's streak remaining intact & a Cena victory, I don't know what to expect from this WrestleMania.
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Apr 6, 2013
  6. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Being a (mostly) die - hard fan of the WWE, I don't even know what to expect from this WM. I suspect the same goes for a lot of other fans as well.

At least it doesn't look like it'll snow tomorrow. ;)
    Last edited by Juliet316, Apr 6, 2013
  7. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    So today is WrestleMania 29. Yay
  8. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    Dear entertainment gods... please let me enjoy this Mania. It doesn't have to be great, it's just got to be good.
  9. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Show Spoiler
    Miz is the new IC champion

Shield won their six man match; afterwards show laid out his partners with the WMD
  10. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Show Spoiler
    21-0.
    Souderwan likes this.
  11. Souderwan Force Ghost

star 6
    Undertaker-CM Punk fight was everything I wanted!!
  12. Darth_Smeagol Force Ghost

star 4
    So far Punk vs. Taker is easily the best match of the night.
  13. Darth_Smeagol Force Ghost

star 4
    It looks like Team Rhodes Scholars got bumped. Probably wasn't going to be much of a match anyway but I feel bad for Cody Rhodes and Damian Sandow.
  14. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    This. Though that means that Cena/Rock is probably going to go at least 30 minutes.

And according to the results I'm reading Cena's getting booed out of MetLife Stadium.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  15. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    Cena still won the match (which wasn't a surprise), but those heavy boo's were definitely a plus. Taker/Punk (Taker's streak lives! :D ), HHH/Lesnar & Rock/Cena were the highlights for me... the rest of the card was so so.
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Apr 7, 2013
    Souderwan likes this.
  16. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Gotta question

I haven't watched a full episode of WWE Raw since January 2011 and nowadays, i've been tuning in to see what's going on and i noticed that there is a new design for the WWE title, when did that debut?
  17. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    The day after Rock retained the belt when he beat Punk at the Elimination Chamber PPV back in Feburary. Though it's been in the works for a debut for at least a good year now.
  18. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    [IMG]

Undertaker's entrance tonight was really, really cool. :cool:
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  19. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Ah, thanks, it look's better than the other one did even though that other belt was made for Cena back in 05
    Last edited by Darth Vader, Apr 7, 2013
  20. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    I wonder if that was a minor dig at Punk's obsession with the Walking Dead.
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  21. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    Mania sucked. Hated the ending to the main event with a passion. Disliked P-Diddy singing. Didn't like the Rhodes Scholars being dropped...or even a bunch of other year round midcarders not being booked. I wanted to see Ziggler cash in. Also wanted to see Brock win.

That said, the Taker entrance was absolutely brilliant.
  22. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Yeah, between the event itself combined with millions of people not being able to see it because of one technical snafu or another, and this seems like it was a trainwreck of a show.
  23. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Is it just me or were the crowd utterly dead during most of the Rock/Cena match? Got to the point where every bloody move was a finisher, it's ridiculous.
  24. Souderwan Force Ghost

star 6
    Personally, I enjoyed this Wrestlemania as much as, if not more than, last year's. Maybe iI was blinded by how much I enjoyed the snot out of the Undertaker/Punk fight--the clear highlight of the night, imo--but I walked away happy.

That said, I really did hate the wrap up sequence between Cena and The Rock. The pin seemed to come out of nowhere (especially given that we'd seen so many damned finishers) and then the kiss-and-make-up bit was just...idk...too much. Cena does execute a nice salute, though.
  25. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Despite throwing finishers around like candy this year, they were done well. Del Rio's Cross-Armbreaker FTW was perfectly executed, Ziggler sold a sweet chokeslam from Kane.

Isn't that what always happens when Undertaker has a Mania match?

That's why he's the best.
    And he still has the greatest entrance in the history of..........ever

The only problem these days is how often people kick out of the Tombstone. It use to be the ultimate move, you get one and you RIP. Kicking out was reserved for uberfreaks like Kane who could take several and still get up again, thus adding to his menace and unstoppable image. Punk is a mere mortal, as are HHH & HBK so having them take a tombstone (or several as has happened the last few years) just to try and get the OMG moment has become rather redundant now.