main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    That seems a bit one-sided

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Smackdown ME for Friday:

Dean Ambrose vs Kane

SithLordDarthRichie and Frank T. like this.
  3. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    with Punk on vacation Ambrose is my reason to watch

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    If the rumors are true, you maybe watching only Ambrose/the Shield for a good long while:

5. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    what are the rumors?

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That Punk's been pulled from all WWE related appearances until late summer at the earliest. Which would mean he wouldn't return at the Payback PPV in Chicago as was original rumored to be the plan.

7. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    nice

are tix on sale for that?

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm not sure if they are or not.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    So, if Punk is out for some months and Cena is injured, who is going to face Ryback?
    And is Cena going to drop the belt to him?

I say now is the time to let a guy like Kofi have a go and see how he does, I'd hate to see Sheamus get shoved in to plug the hole.

Bryan's time as WWE Champion might be coming though if Hell No break up soon.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    With our luck, it would be Orton, who would then promptly get released because of a third strike of the Wellness Policy.

Nothing would surprise me these days.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    WWE being unoriginal will probably not take a risk with someone like Kofi and will probably use Del Rio or Sheamus if they don't turn Ziggler face.

Maybe the Miz has a chance, but I'm not sure if he's that over as a face. Cesaro deserves a shot but he probably won't get it.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    You know it wouldn't be so bad to have a heel hold the belt. Somebody for Cena and/or Punk to chase when they heal up.

They probably won't/can't wait that long, but if I was booking the show, I would be so tempted to just hold Punk out until the Royal Rumble and have him win the damn thing. Then have him beat 'Taker for the title AND end the streak at WM.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    No-one should end the streak. And Undertaker seems likely to retire next year and going out with the streak broken and him losing is not really the way he should go.
    Not even sure 'Taker would be up to being champion these days anyway, he has too high a risk of injury.

I'd be OK with Punk winning the Rumble though, just not sure I could take WWE TV for nearly a year without him on it. He & Cena can't really both be face unless they have a really good heel to face, so if Cena is back first Punk will have to be heel when he returns.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's high time for a Cena heel turn though, that's the thing. Would be interesting if Cena's still holding the title as his foot is heeling up and goes heel (although, again, last night with the kids is a prime reason why they won't.)

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It would be great to have Cena go heel, but I don't see it happening. Though Punk's rapid rise in popular the last year indicates he would still be a big seller as a face were Cena's loyal fans to feel betrayed so maybe they might try it.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    We'll have to see what happens I guess.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Some TNA news:

--Dixie Carter announced that TNA would be taping Impact on 1/30 in Glasgow, Scotland at the new Hydro Arena, a 12,000-seat building that opens in the fall. The show will air for the first time live in the U.K. on a Thursday night and presumably would air on a few hour tape delay in the U.S.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com/F4wonline.com

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Apparently RAW is doing an angle tonight where Lesnar and Heyman have destroyed Triple H's office in Stamford. They've already shot the office destruction and Heyman posted a pic of it on Twitter.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And Dean Ambrose completes the 'Taker/Team HellNo solo trifecta by going one on one with Daniel Bryan.

Frank T. likes this.
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    That's a bummer, but at least he should be back reasonably soon. Got to watch head injuries though, can be nasty and may be far worse than a break or tear.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep, exactly. Though where this leaves the Triple Threat for Extreme Rules is anybody's guess at this point.

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I would think he could make it, so long as he does nothing until just beforehand.

Cena would be more of an issue, with his injury he'll be lucky if he can run across the ring without falling over.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    They've pulled Ziggler from all live events (and Del Rio and Swagger are in singles matches against each other at House Shows), until further notice. I would imagine this would mean, that unless he clears the ImPact testing, he won't be on RAW or SMACKDOWN this week.

Cena claims his heel's doing better, but they still have him in tag matches where his partner does the majority of the work (this weekend it was him and Sheamus vs. Ryback and Mark Henry).

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    If Ziggler rests up he should be OK for the PPV.

Cena is a smart guy but heel injuries are potentially career-threatening so he really shouldn't be pushing it. It would be bad if her tore the tendon mid-way through his title match and had to be carried out and ruin the planned finish. Best to rest and wait for it to clear up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.