main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Curtis Axle is the new IC champ and AJ Lee is the new Divas champ.

Ambrose retained the US title via countout.

Apparently RVD's coming back next month as well.

2. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Del Rio beat Ziggler for the SMACKDOWN belt

3. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I don't know if it was just the Chicago crowd or not but it seemed like they were doing a double turn with Ziggler and Alberto

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm only getting results from the internet sites (I'm not able to actually watch the PPV atm), but from what I'm reading, your not the only one that feels that way.

Further from reading the results, it seems like their cheering a lot of the heels more than they are the faces (except for Heyman and poor Damien Sandow, it seems). Then again, I can't say I'm surprised, Chicago was the site of WM 13 that had the most famous double turn, which was Austin/Bret Hart in the "I Quit" match.

5. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    The thing that makes me think it might not just be the crowd is Cole said something about Alberto has gone too far and Lawler said he had a new found respect for Ziggler

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Probably because
    Berto kept kicking Ziggler in the head. Whoever made that call in the booking I don't know (oh yeah, likely Vince).

Anyway, Punk won in his first match back since 'Mania and the Shield retain the Tag Titles.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't really need to say who the winner was in the ME do I?

8. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    I actually stopped watching the ppv right before the main event so I could watch Mad Men instead. I assume Cena won.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep.
    via an AA through the ambulance. Nope, not kidding.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'd rather the SD match with Kane, DB & Orton vs the Shield have been on the PPV, that was great. If free TV is offering better stuff than what is encouraging people to pay for big events?

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well the PPV did have Jericho vs. Punk.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    True, and the IC Triple Threat was also good.

Haven't seen Raw yet, but I hope the talk of Ziggler & Punk going face and Del Rio heel aren't true. Cena needs someone good to feud with, Ziggler can be that guy since he's now not WHC.
    Also, AJ just became Divas Champion beating a face so she's still heel as apparently is Big E, so one assumes Dolph still will be.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm not normally a fan of throwing somebody in last minute and just giving them a title, but given Axle's family lineage (with Mr. Perfect being IC Champ), this one actually made sense. Far more than Fandango winning the belt (which I've read was the original plan before he got concussed). Plus I think the audience being educated on Curtis Axle's heritage made his being in the match and the win far more meaningful.

Well they did put up a vid teasing a Heyman and Punk split. I've seen rumors at various places about a Punk/Lesnar match at SummerSlam, so who knows? I kind of thought given the way Brock was looking at the title and Heyman teasing about how Triple H 'never wanted him to have it' that they were teasing a Cena/Brock title program after WM.[face_dunno] I mean it made sense that Punk was getting cheered last night given the PPV was in his hometown of Chicago, beyond that I guess we'll see.

As for Ziggler and Del Rio, yeah, they pretty much pulled a double turn on them last night in Chicago. Sorry.

Also, Mark Henry's teasing a possible retirement.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Punk dismissing Heyman doesn't mean he'll be face, it's not like he needs what Heyman offers because he's the best performer and talker in the business anyway. Guys like Brock & Curtis benefit from Heyman because he helps get them over, Punk can do that himself.

Be a shame to see old Sexual Chocolate go, he was used well the last couple of years and made himself a much better all-round superstar than just the generic mass he'd been for many years previous.

Frank T. likes this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The reason they put Heyman with Punk in the first place was to get Punk over as a heel since the audience wasn't buying the heel turn. If they're making Punk a babyface again, then Heyman just isn't needed at this point.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Could be, but WWE really need an ultimate heel to contrast with their ultimate face in Cena. Punk is the best person to be that heel if guys like Ziggler aren't going to do it, Miz gets no reaction and Kane is too old now and works fine with the tag team level feuds he's had the last year.

I ahev heard of a plan to have Daniel Bryan face Cena, that could be good.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Or they could just actually bite the bullet and turn Cena (yeah, I know, wishful thinking).

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Welcome back HBIC Stephanie!

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Apparently Bryan suffered a legit stinger last night during his match with Orton and the stoppage was not part of the match. The only 'worked' part of this apparently is the stuff with him getting into an argument with HHH backstage about the stoppage.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    So Mark Henry trolled us, cunning

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    WWE would have been better at trolling us if Cena had attacked Henry during his 'retirement' speech and gone full on heel.

Seriously Del Rio's promos the two previous nights would have worked just as easily for a heel Cena.

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Except Cena could never do it as well because his promos suck

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    He used to when he was the rapper heel. Then WWE turned him face and neutered him.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Him being face and whitemeat PG is no excuse for bad delivery.

Darth_Smeagol likes this.
  25. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    I agree that Cena's problem (at least for me) isn't what he says so much as the completely obnoxious way that he says it.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.