main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I wouldn't give WWE that much credit. We still, afterall, have never found out who was behind the 'conspiracy' to keep keep Punk away from the title in 2011. There's a lot of dropped storylines in WWE's history, and Show's Contract is probably one of them (or maybe it was made void when Laurinitis was fired as GM?).

Edit: AJ's promo from last night incase you haven't seen it yet:

2. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Not the first time a wrestler has been allowed to crap all over something they promote lots. Don't forget the CM Punk prom that has been just dubbed The Promo where he was allowed to get out all his grievances out and said alot of things and took so long his mic was cut off.

And for those who felt winded when you had to do an @ to me with my old name as you can see my name is now changed to something lots better and not so longer.

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    So by this time next year I am sure John Cena will return but the bigger question is how do you think they will do it? Have him once again return at the Royal Rumble and win that as some sort of cheap way to put him already in the hunt for the title scene for someone who just returned? Or what thoughts?

4. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    So by this time next year I am sure John Cena will return but the bigger question is how do you think they will do it? Have him once again return at the Royal Rumble and win that as some sort of cheap way to put him already in the hunt for the title scene for someone who just returned? Or what thoughts?

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't know if they'll have Cena win the rumble as he's won twice now (the last one just this past year). My guess is either maybe a 'surprise' run - in or they'll heavily advertise it before he makes his grand return.

6. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I really hope when they have him return they give him a break from being champion allow someone else the oppurtunity even when he is back. They may have done that with the build up to the CM Punk Vs. The Rock feud they had but once that was done it was basically rematching the previous wrestlemania to make an interesting match. I honestly feel that since Cena has left Raw is actually alot better without him and thats because of Daniel Bryan.

7. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
  8. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    But because Triple H wants to sign him so badly does that mean he will get a good push in WWE?

9. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Unfortunately no, as is the case with Sin Cara. Of course they may have learned a lesson with Sin Cara(this is me being extremely optimistic with no real reasoning or evidence WWE is capable of this logic) and run Devitt through NXT to get his bearings with the company. Given the success of Punk and Danielson, he may have a shot. William Regal is high on him
    (Regal having a hand in aforementioned superstars) so he'd have that for him as well.

10. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I don't know I always feel like there is a difference between being a great wrestler in the indies and being one in Japan and being a great wrestler in WWE. Like you could be a veteran wrestler cause you have wrestled for many years in various businesses but be treated as a rookie once you enter WWE.

11. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I can see that being the case here, but he is 31 and I could also see them doing to him like they have to Del Rio. Either way, I think he'd be a good pick up for them, even in the short term. He'd add something a little different to the roster and I can see a feud between him and Jericho over the light bright jackets.

12. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    You know while the character of Triple H is right now upsetting me we still have to remember its a character and the fact is the person is smart when it comes to signing what wrestlers because he is a wrestler himself so he can kind of see the qualities of what would make good talent. Prince Devitt would be a good investment and I believe he has been world champion in Japan so that has me able to see him be world champion in WWE.

13. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    He certainly has the look and talent to do so. Time will tell whether he is signed and what he may or may not do if he is, but I'd like to see him in a WWE ring sometime in the next year or so.

As a side not to Triple H's talent scouting and ideas for superstars, being he is/was one of the "big guys" Vince loves so much, Levesque himself seems to like to push the smaller guys like Punk and Danielson and go after guys like Sin Cara and Devitt. Even with Cena(pre-injury of course) and Ryback still around getting air time, the quicker more agile guys are getting a decent share as well. Makes me wonder now if a guy like AJ Styles would be able to translate over to WWE and have success.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Funny, you should mention Styles' contract. It's apparently up soon and TNA thus far haven't made any effort to resign him according to the WrestlingObserver website.

15. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    That's actually why I brought it up, I read that earlier today and it got me thinking about him possibly signing. It would be one more misfortune going for TNA.

16. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Even though Sin Cara all he wrestles in are squash matches but I do get your point. In my opinion WWE needs to think a bit more strategically by basically watching all indie wrestling and other promotions to seek out talent. WWE needs to mix in good wrestling with the good entertainment they wanna have with there product. In my opinion cancel Total Divas because reality shows just make WWE seem more fake. I have seen lots of talent from other organizations that could translate well into WWE. I also feel something I have been saying for a long while is they need to bring back the cruiserweight championship the IC and US well nothing is happening to them the current champion just seem to be holding on to them while they create other rivalries and stuff. You could easily create a rivalry amongst the cruiserweights because everyone loves the high flyers in WWE.

17. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I agree with you on that. I'd unify the IC and US title and just have the IC belt, then revive the crusierweight title. There certainly is enough talent out there to fill the ranks of a cruiserweight division.

18. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I have always felt thats why they don't push there smaller guys more often because they have nothing to fight for.

19. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    The only option they have really is tag team, and Primo & Epico are an example on how far cruiserweight tag teams get. If you look at TNA before Hogan and Bischoff got their hands on it, the major draw for that company was the X Division.(at least for me) X Division was actually a great mold of Mid Card and Cruiserweight and they had some great matches and iconic moments.

Juliet316 and Frank T. like this.
  20. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Speaking of Primo & Epico thoughts on the fact WWE has repackaged them to become Los Matadores?

21. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Not sure how far it will go. As things stand now, it will go nowhere, unless it is some sort of gateway for a new direction WWE is looking to go.

22. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I think alot of people are interested but at the same time kind of criticize the fact primo and epico are two puerto ricans playing as characters that i think are more native to mexico or spain.

23. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I don't find too much of a concern for that myself since we've had Christopher Daniels play Curry Man, and I'm pretty sure Jericho had a mask at some point in time while he was in Mexico.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And they took Rosa out of the equation and gave her to Miz as part of Miz's mocking of Fandango.

25. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I"m not a fan of that, myself. It seems like they just took the two people on the roster they have no real idea on what to do with and stuck them together...then again it worked for the New Age Outlaws.

26. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    True. And the late, lamented Team HellNo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.