main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Random thing to post but I suddenly felt the need to see this match again one of the best matches at a Wrestlemania:

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    One of those instances where the crowd really helped make that become what it was. Don't get me wrong, I like the match, but if it had been in a less hot crowd, the match would not be nearly as memorable as it was. Rock and Hogan clearly fed on how the crowd was reacting to everything before, during and after the match.

3. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    God I will never forget that moment when Rock and Hogan looked each other face to face and then looked at the crowd and man you just knew that magic was gonna be in the air that night for a great match.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Oh and one more thing nWo 4 LIFE!!
    [​IMG]

5. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    It should have been Hogan vs. Austin. They missed an opportunity to have the 2 most popular wrestlers of all time face each other at Wrestlemania.

6. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Hogan and Nash always sucked and Razor was done by the time NWO started

Who would've carried that match? Rock was not that great in the ring but he was healthy enough to hold Hulk up.

7. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    The match would have sucked but Austin made it through a match with Scott Hall (who was probably high as a kite) that night so he could have done it with Hogan.

It might be mostly wishful thinking on my part but I think if it had been Austin across from Hogan that night then the crowd doesn't turn in Hogan's favor and maybe we don't get the Hogan nostalgia tour that made me stop watching wrestling for several years.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Who knows if this is the real, or the whole story, but the story's gone that Austin just flat out did not want to work with Hogan because of Hogan's prior history of backstage poltics in both WWE and WCW(Being fired via Fax by Hogan's good buddy Bischoff probably didn't help). It's obvious from his infamous "Hogan" ECW promo that Austin didn't like Hogan and obviously those feelings didn't improve by the time Hogan came back to the WWE. Hence why it was Rock that worked the match instead of Austin.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Woa, woa, woa, don't be insulting The Great One :p

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  10. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    The Rock couldn't lace up AJ's chuck taylors.

Frank T. likes this.
  11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    To be fair though, Rock is more like Hogan than Austin. Same reason that Rock vs Cena was big, because Cena is the Rock of his era (whereas CM Punk is Austin)
    Rock has the charisma Hogan once had, he could fire up the crowd well enough himself. He also has the iconic and somewhat OTT move in the People's Elbow that Hogan has when he Hulks-up and does the punches before his Leg Drop. Austin doesn't do that.

Austin vs Punk would be the same type of match, but at this stage it might not be worth seeing.

12. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
  13. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I see Rock as different from Hogan and Cena. I don't know that there was a "2nd" Hogan until Cena. Rock is just Rock to me. Punk is closer to Rock. And it's REALLLY hard to say for sure because of how reality it's become vs how cartoony it was then and some gimmicks just don't carry over, but Punk is probably what Macho Man would be in this era.

Kran Starborn likes this.
  14. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    You know you can say a wrestler reminds you of an older wrestler till you are blue in the face but to me each wrestler isn't a Hogan or a Austin or a Rock and etc. To me Punk is Punk, Daniel Bryan is Daniel Bryan in other words I feel each of these top wrestlers are one of a kind and stand out so much that they are there own wrestler.

On another note I watch the WWE Documentary on the Big Show called A Giant's World and I felt it was interesting kind of wish it was longer then about an hour because I feel like there would be more to tell. I hope that Big Show will become an old giant.

Frank T. and Juliet316 like this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Your making me sad that we'll never EVER get Macho Man vs Punk. Promos alone would have been worth it.

16. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    For some reason if Edge was still wrestling I would love to see him with AJ Lee I feel they would work well together.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    AJ'd have to dye her hair red though, since Edge seems to have a preference for them. ;)

Edit: Apparently Mark Henry pulled a Kevin Nash and injured his hammy running to the ring last night in Boston.

Also for those who believe John Cena will be back in less than three months: Survivor Series is in Boston on 11/24 this year.

Kran Starborn likes this.
  18. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    What are you hinting at with the John Cena part?

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well Cena's from Westbury Mass, which is close enough to Boston for WWE to say 'Cena's in his hometown' whenever WWE hits Boston...

20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yah I agree.

Except Cena. He like, I mean, he is Hogan. Even in the ring he's the modern Hogan. But that's not his fault as much as WWE's. Personally I marked hard when he returned the Dr. of Thuganomics for that one day.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    MandaloreYak I would love for them to pull a Hollywood Hulk Hogan on John Cena meaning as I said before turn him heel. Have the WWE's lifelong good guy turn his back on the crowd and go bad and shake things up.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    At least change him up a bit. Something.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I just feel Cena is at where Hulk Hogan was at the end of his run in what they can do with him I mean when the crowd boos you even as a face you know you are over rated. I mean Vince did that with Hogan when he felt the spark of hulkamania was dying out and WCW did a great thing by making Hogan interesting again.

24. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    If WWE puts john Cena in the title scene so quickly after he returns then we riot:
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Absolutely. I remember watching that live. When Hulk hulked up I thought my damn speakers on my TV were gonig to blow. Some of the loudest cheers I've ever heard. So loud for Hulk that on the DVD releases they had to tone it down so that it would seem more of a mixed reaction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.