main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    The Raw after WM is the one to watch (if you're only going to watch one).

Frank T. and Juliet316 like this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep, they'll be fighting each other again tomorrow night.

Watching the abbreviated HOF ceremony on USA. Hall looks great for a guy most thought was likely going to be dead this time last year.

3. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    My first RAW in awhile. RVD's 5-star looks more damaging now and when did Rey become the heel?

4. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    They already on Hall? That is abbreviated. lol

I'm excited to see the Daniel Bryan special tomorrow night, I'm curious to see how behind the scenes stuff is there.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    They're showing it out of order apparently. Lita's induction is next.

6. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    lol He isn't, they just keep putting him situations with unusually passionate crowds who like Barrett or hate that Rey was in the Rumble instead of Bryan.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, a lot of fans have kind of taken out the fact that Bryan wasn't in the Rumble on Rey simply because he was #30.

8. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I watched the whole thing. Jake Roberts had me bawling and blubbing, then Mr. T's 14 hour speech dedicated to his mother had me laughing my bits off. Everyone needs to see this speech in its entirety. I thought Scott Hall looked okay in terms of eyes/skin/hair etc, but the guy can't stand still and can barely talk. I think he's been punch drunk for longer than he's been drunk-drunk. So sad the WCW and WWE let him get that way.

Warrior disappointed me slightly in that he didn't go off on a tea party style homophobic/nationalistic/misogynist rant.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Considering that he was in a wheelchair a year ago, needing several operations and most of his friends afraid he was going to die at any moment, the fact that he was actually able to walk to the podium is a miracle in and of itself. DDP can indeed perform them and perform them well.

I suspect Vince threw a lot of money at Warrior to keep his rants strictly WWE related and not bring down the bat **** crazy onto them, while the company is in the midst of trying to negotiate new TV deals for RAW and SMACKDOWN, lol.

10. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Oh Warrior had a pop at DDP Yoga, which was kind of funny.

DDP has done great things for Jake and Razor but I don't think yoga can fix brain damage, sadly. I'm just so gutted for him.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, it likely won't fix everything, but he managed to save their lives, and that's good. There's been too tragic wrestling deaths of the kind Hall and Roberts were seemingly headed for in the last several years.

12. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't know how much was shown last night, but DDP's intro of Jake was great.

13. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Heard Taker jobbed to Lesnar in a crappy match. Dunno who thought that was a good idea.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    By all reports, 'Taker's, apparently.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  15. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    It wasn't crappy unless you think Undertaker can still perform like it's the 1990s and you think the streak should have lasted forever... He's 49; in wrestling years he's older than Yoda. His physique has withered, his atrophied old muscles just hang from his bones... I think this is a more dignified way to end the streak than to keep going for another decade. Hogan, Flair and so many others kept going far longer than they should have - and at the expense of their legacies (and arguably the business itself). If he quits now, there's no better time. He's effectively been semi-retired for a few years anyway.

DarthTunick and Frank T. like this.
  16. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
  17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    RAW did a 3.7 rating for those who care about ratings, which would be about the highest rating since RAW 1,000.

18. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    It's pretty shocking that Raw did that well considering it was up against the NCAA Championship game.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I think honestly, there was likely a lot of curiosity from what happened at WM with Bryan winning the title and The Streak ending and wanting to see where everything went from there. It was at a level far different from wanting to watch a trainwreck show like many tuned into last year. (and there was a world of difference between last year's post 'Mania RAW and this year's) I suspect with the ending of RAW, a lot of fans may decide to tune in next week to see how things go from last night as well.

20. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000

Main Event spoilers:
    The Shield wins verses the Wyatts. After the match the Shield cuts a promo saying they are ready for war with the Authority. Now maybe I'm reading too much into it but could we possibly see a War Games match with Daniel Bryan and the Shield vs. Triple H, Orton, Batista, and Kane? I would personally love that.

V-2 and Juliet316 like this.
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Didn't click on the Main Event spoilers (I don't get the Network, but I have Ion and Ion is still airing Main Event), but awsome Stewart clip.

22. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    IF there was ever a PPV/Match idea they should take from WCW, it's WAR GAMES.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Yeah, last year they weren't prepared for the crowd and the crowd took over the show for lack of being entertained. This year they were ready and planned a pretty good show that kept everybody mostly tame.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, last year it seemed like they had nothing planned post - Mania and it showed (Punk walking out and taking that three month break may have contributed to that, actually). This year, infact for the first time in at least a decade, it seems like they actually have something of a game plan laid out beyond 'Mania.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  25. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.