main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  2. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
  3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    One never knows.

Pretty sure Punk means it when he says he's done though.

4. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    It's tough to say. Can't tell if he's being sarcastic in the video or not.

BTW NSFW(though not that bad really)

5. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I think he means it right now but that doesn't mean he will always feel that way. If I were going to bet on it I would put my money on him wrestling at least one more match at some point in the future.

6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    There were CM Punk chants on the NY TNA Impact show last week, which made me chuckle.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    So, I heard Sting showed up during Hulk Hogan's Comic Con panel today.

8. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
  9. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Just saw that. With neck issues to boot.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  12. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    I love that one of the reporters asked Bryan if he put the guy in the Cattle Mutilation.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Guy breaks into LL Cool J's house and gets punched out. Another guy breaks into a pro wrestler's house and gets put in a hold. Here's an idea, don't break into their homes!!!

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  16. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Yeah, if they get no deal, it won't be long. You've got to have some kind of TV to get your product out there. Then again, TV has changed, maybe going completely online would be a good thing, I don't know.

Either way, not looking good.

and if WWE gets bad numbers with the network, it might be a bad week for Wrestling in General. Wrestling no longer has the power it once did. It was never a product that was actually respected by Networks. IT does good numbers, and what not, but it's always been throw away. Even way back when in the 80's. I think when it comes to Wrestling it's always comes full circle.

Who knows, maybe the Territories will RISE AGAIN.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, with the numbers coming out this week, I don't think it's necessarily a coincidence that WWE's started pushing Sting heavily, even if there's no official contract yet.

In other news:

Prince Devitt WWE signing official.

18. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Impact has pretty good international ratings though doesn't it? I think it's still the highest rated wrestling show in the UK... There was online talk in recent months asking if TNA even needs a US TV presence, given its international success. Though I expect it's distributed by Spike, so it would be a complicated process to set up on their own...

Damn. TNA craps on WWE, it would be such a shame for it to die...

EDIT:
    Dixie says the story is bollocks and Spike kind of confirmed that negotiations are ongoing. Fingers crossed that this is a work.

A small part of me suspects this has something to do with WWE politics/economics.

19. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Just read a little article that had me really wanting to see the return of WCW. IT is interesting that Vince doesn't sell the @#$^ out of that asset he has. I mean he sells DVD's that bury it pretty much, but that's about it. Instead of bashing the crap out of it, why not sell it. Nostalgia is POWERFUL, and with the booking of this product they have now, I think it's pretty fair to say that many actually miss WCW now. The good parts that is. I miss it.

The NWO were way oversaturated, and it really started to go down when people realized it was the same thing every week with the NWO fighting the same NWO battles. Still, WCW, was one thing, it was a WRESTLING TV show. Pure Wrestling TV show. I mean it has the legacy of the NWA behind it, which was pure wrestling. It never lost that, even with the 3 NWO promos a week.

Every week we got Wrestling for 3 hours. And not just any wrestling either. You gut different styles. You got guys from around the world. And if you notice nobody was actually buried. Zack Ryder would actually win matches in WCW, hell he probably would have been cruiserweight champ.

I say take Smackdown, which I forget even exist most of the time, and make it WCW: FRIDAY NIGHT NITRO. Update it in some ways, but at the same time have it have the same intrance, same camera work, save opening music. Well...hell same production value of the classic show when it was good. #$@^ people's minds when they flip through the channels and see a show that's in the spirt of the one they liked 16 years ago. Have old guys come in just to manage, to appear, like Nash, Flair, Sting, Hogan. Re-introduce the Heavyweight Title as the WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE. Re-introduce PPV's like WAR GAMES, Holloween Havoc, STARCADE.

to me this would sell big. No invasion angle, WWE would be WWE, and WCW would do it's thing. Then maybe have a video game that's WWE vs WCW. The original invasion so now you have a chance to do it in video game form your way.

NEVER HAPPEN. Vince doesn't like money. Still, I can dream.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    TNA has the NWA legacy too. Just saying. ;)

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  22. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    CM PUNK was right to leave .... WWE will need him as a savior in the future!!!

23. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Did anyone hear the chants at the end of Raw as Steph and resigned twin Diva person had their ...whatever you call that?

THIS IS AWFUL (clap clap clap-clap-clap).

I think I heard a 'botchamania' when Randy broke the announce desk on his second try, too.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Could have sworn I heard 'This is awesome,' but I'll have to watch it again to be sure (then again, I maybe a bit biased, as Stephanie's always been one of my faves).

Didn't hear botchmania, so yep, definitely have to watch again.

25. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    I thought they were chanting 'Jamie Noble'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.