main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Include house shows and PPV.

and ****ing Ryback. Man. He's early and A-hole hurting people on purpose, or he's a moron. Well going by what Punk said, Ryback pretty much calls himself a moron. Why would you keep this guy in the ring?

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    The CM Punk interview also helps explain why the WWE product is not as good as it could be.

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I think if you don't have an ego, if you're not some sort of attention whore, you're not going to go into pro wrestling in the first place. Hogan, Sting and Michaels are some of the biggest egos in wrestling since Dusty Rhodes and it's amazing that you'd pick those three as examples. Hogan especially. Maybe Sting gets a pass compared to your other two, but he's not what you'd call humble.

Punk came over as a spoiled, semi-delusional, self entitled prick - especially regarding the sponsorship and self-booking - but you can't deny the health concerns and the hostile work environment of the wwe. Sure he's full of himself and egotistical but not to the same extent as Hogan or Michaels (or Dusty or Scott Steiner or Jesse Ventura or Vince McMahon, etc etc etc), all of whom arguably went further for longer in pro wrestling.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    You're also not likely to have any chance of making it to the top if you don't have an ego (lightening stiking at just the right time also plays into it, but you're not even going to see the oppurtunity to be in that right place at the right time if you have no ego in the wrestling business).

If Punk's speaking out now, it's also likely an indication that AJ's not long for the WWE, either, and if WWE knew about the podcast going into Survivor Series and RAW... Well, that would explain how AJ's matches ended up as they did.

burrisjedimaster1 likes this.
  5. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Rumours have been reported about AJ leaving for a week or two now. She's one of the small handful of female wrestlers the WWE has that come close to TNA standards, WWE are mental to let her go.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    True, but with Punk speaking out, WWE could be taking it out on AJ in her last few weeks there.

7. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Could be a tactical strike for the sake of AJ though. If WWE is possibly targeting AJ because of Punk, his saying something about all this now makes WWE look bad if things start going south for AJ. They look bad because of what he said, they look worse if bad thing start happening to AJ. All eyes are on WWE now during this situation, and every move they make will be under a microscope for scrutiny.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Apparently Ryback tweeted out this: (via WrestlingObserver.com/F4wonline.com)

Ryback, who Punk called "Steroid Guy," sent out a series of tweet and used action figures to show him putting Punk through a table: "For the record if I quit for being fragile and insecure I would make up excuses too. Things didn't go my way for a long time and I kept going day in and out. Slander is a powerful thing and to state complete made up nonsense for no reason shows his insecurities. I will continue to bust my ass, study matches every chance I get, cut promos when driving and push myself for hours on end even when hurt. Thank you."

9. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    There's a difference with having an ego kayfabe, and having an ego in terms of clashing with management. My point is HH, HBK and Sting all avoided repeated clonflicts within the orginizational structure.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Weren't around during the whole 'Lost my Smile' era were you?

11. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Triple H avoided such clashes because he had HBK(who has a massive ego, did a lot of **** up thing to other talent, and was Vince's golden boy) then got married to Stephanie. Of course he isn't going to have problems with management, he's been in with management since pretty much day one.

Hogan had himself run out of WCW during the end days because he refused to put people over. It is known he was a contributing factor to both the rise and downfall of WCW.

Sting may not a reputation about him like the others, but if you look at his accomplishments compared to some of the other big names, they don't come close. With as much respect for Sting as I have I also find him a bit overrated. Still one of the greats, don;t get me wrong, but not as high up as some people like to put him.

Apparently there are people within WWE that are happy that Punk said what he said and pulled the curtain back on management.

http://wrestlingnews.co/vince-mcmahon-not-happy-triple-h-said-to-be-furious-about-cm-punks-comments/

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    There's also the story (and multiple people have confirmed it over the years, including Cornette and Austin) of Vince having the Undertaker backstage during the Austin/Michaels match at WM with his fists taped up to ensure that Michaels went through with dropping the belt to Austin.

13. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    Well, I think Hogan learned from mistakes, he has had a hand in putting The Rock and Brock Lesnar over.

14. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I don't think Hogan learned, look at TNA before and after Hogan. The only reason Hogan's Ruthless Aggression WWE run was what it was because Vince learned from Hogan's mistakes.

V-2 and Juliet316 like this.
  15. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Hogan and his clique ****ed up TNA. Hours and hours of awkward promos that made no sense... Once he left, things started picking up - but ripples of the Hogan effect are still being felt (the reduced roster size for example).

16. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Grado AND Mastiff out of British Boot Camp??

At least Grado gets to fight Al Snow in January, but Mastiff .. wtf? He would have cleaned up the X Division. What a waste...

Rampage Brown has to win now.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Tomorrow night at RAW is going to be interesting. Especially give that after RAW is supposed to be the live podcast between Austin and Vince. In light of CM Punk's comments, Vince really is in a no - win scenario here.

Also:

18. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Austin said on WWE.com that nothing was off limits tonight on his podcast, including Punk, Daniel Bryan, and his own 2002 walkout.

20. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
    Podcast so far great. Macho Man in the hall of fame according to Vince.

21. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Well nice to see Vince apologise to Punk. His remarks about questions about him being out of touch were head pounding to say the least.

as were his remarks about the product itself.

22. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
  23. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
    These guys need promoted. They would fit in with the WEIRDO tag teams just fine.

24. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Slater issues a statement on his arrest warrant.

http://wrestlingnews.co/heath-slate...e-charges-and-civil-suit-brought-against-him/

Rey Mysterio is reportedly coming back for a another run

http://wrestlingnews.co/big-update-rey-mysterio-expected-to-stay-and-sign-a-new-deal-with-wwe/

And CM Punk returned to do another show on Colt Cabana's podcast

http://wrestlingnews.co/cm-punk-on-...inces-apology-was-fake-will-he-wrestle-again/

As much as this is probably not a work, it just feels like it is. Maybe it's because it's CM Punk. Maybe because I've seen how these ugly split ups between the WWE/Vince and others have gone, and these guys seem to just seem to be extremely open about it. Whatever it is, it's better than what they got going on tv right now.

I loved Punk's comments about the CM Punk chants during AJ's matches.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    On the other hand... Didn't Punk say it himself on his DVD? He didn't just like to burn bridges, he liked to be standing on them while they burned? That's exactly what he's doing now with these podcasts.

Edit: Also, apparently Batista is going to be in the new Bond movie. Nice way of parlaying his Gaurdians of the Galaxy success.

Edit2: Teddy Hart wanted on Sexual Assault charges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.