main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Since I stopped watching it live (seriously who has the patience to watch that many adverts?) and -cough-cough- acquire a version with the ads edited out (thanks, youtube) I've realised it's not 3 hours, it's a lot more like 2. If you were to edit out every repetition of what happened in segment 1, you could lose another 5-15 minutes on top of that. Most clock around 2:20, but occasionally you'll see one that's 1:45.

I've heard it suggested that just watching the first and last half hours guarantees you'll not miss anything that happened. If like me you find yourself asleep by the end of Raw, it's okay because they repeat anything vaguely interesting that happened at the end of the last show at the start of the new one.

Oh and did I miss TLC? Is it worth watching?

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    TLC was meh.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I liked how Lesnar no sold Jericho's Codebreaker. I was waiting for him to yell, "Stoopid!" like Ryback.

4. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I didn't like that segment actually. My obvious Jericho bias aside, they could have done so much better to make Brock look stronger without making Jericho look like a chump. Give them 3 more minutes and it could have been so much more entertaining, Jericho could have done more to make Brock look better.

Of course Brock did back out later and did more, but still.....

5. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    As it was, anytime Brock on is TV the show it better. Missed Opportunity in not giving the crowd a gift, and having him crush Rollins though.

Also, thank Vince actually attempted to blame Ceasaro for losing faith with the crowd, and not the booking aspect of it is proof enough that Vince it out of touch.

Word is Neville is being called up. Repackaged gimmick and everything. Lets see if this dampers the call for other NXT stars to be called up when they get turned into cartoon characters.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I was really hoping Brock would come kind of give Rollins some payback for interferring with his match with Cena back at Night of Champions and even the score. Oh well, maybe that will come.

7. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    I don't think Brock has been charactarized as having much of an emotional investment in other wrestlers. He mostly thinks about himself.

8. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Are you guys talking about Raw? Was it a good one?

I mostly listened to TLC last night while playing a computer game... I watched only when it sounded interesting, so I caught a little of the Russev match. Very annoying that the racist guy with Dutch Mantell as his manager managed to break out of the camel clutch, that sort of feat should be reserved for Hogan level stars.

I can't remember anything else of interest. I noticed some reviews calling it the worst PPV of 2014, I don't know about that... WWE have dropped some clangers this year for sure, they certainly put on a worse show than TNA in terms of talent, but TNA really ****ed up with their continuity at BFG.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    RAW was more entertaining than TLC was, put it that way. Smackdown was more entertaining than RAW.

burrisjedimaster1 likes this.
  10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Neville doesn't need a new gimmick; Vince and Kevin Dunn will end ruining another NXT talent.

There's an old story from the Attitude Era of Vince Russo point blank, during a production meeting, telling McMahon straight to his face that he was out of touch and didn't understand what crowd actually wanted....

Same problem still occurs.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I'm Vince Mcmahon, dammit! I made wrestling!

burrisjedimaster1 and Juliet316 like this.
  12. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I would rather see Sammie Zane...El Generico get the call even though he is the Bunny!

13. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    I wonder what WWE's reasoning is in making Rusev's matches so short. Are they wanting to use him on more shows? Are they worried about his in ring wrestling IQ? Are they just trying to make him more feared by beating up everyone in a short period of time?

14. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I bet it is a safety issue due to the portrayal of his character.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Same thing happened when Sgt. Slaughter turned heel during the Gulf War; he came to the ring in a bullet proof vest and his matches were short, encase somebody rushed the ring.

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Same thing happened when Sgt. Slaughter turned heel during the Gulf War; he came to the ring in a bullet proof vest and his matches were short, encase somebody rushed the ring.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I think in Rusev's case, it's more about not exposing his in - ring limitations by having his matches be short, rather than protecting him and Lana against any anti - Russian sentiment.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I think in Rusev's case, it's more about not exposing his in - ring limitations by having his matches be short, rather than protecting him and Lana against any anti - Russian sentiment.

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Young Bucks turned down a WWE tryout. Thought it was only a matter of time before those guys were offered a potential deal; probably rejected it due to not needing the money - suspect they make a fair bit in NJPW.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I recall reading that. Cena was a right little bitch, regarding burying him for a having a similar finisher; from what I've read, Cena is one of the most political and biggest arse kissers since Hogan and Shawn Michaels.

22. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I think they're keeping his matches short because they're all squashes. I can't say he lacks ability, it doesn't seem that way to me, so good job WWE if that's the case.

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Rusev has good mat skills for a "big guy".

Interesting, in other news, Punk does not rule out a return to the WWE.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe he doesn't, but after those podcasts...

25. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Warrior and Bret said some pretty bad stuff about WWE/Vince/Triple H and they made their way back. It comes down to this, whether Vince and Hunter bury the hatchet and mean it, CM Punk=$$$ for WWE, and that if nothing else will mend broken fences.

26. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Be awhile before that happens though. A long while.

27. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.