main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Just seen RAW.

HOLY ****! That ending was awesome. Goes to show, when the WWE wants to, it can do amazing things.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
  3. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
  4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I just watched Raw and...

...It was actually good! It must have cost a few bob.

With the exception of a few rubbish matches (divas, obviously, the Uso vs Miz, New Day) and the Authority slowing down and draining the fun out of everything, this was gold.

Intro: Condoleezza Rice? Kaaaaaaay.

The Lesnar intro was superb (until the Authority killed it at the speed of continental drift). Great to see Heyman losing control over Brock. I hope they're not aiming for a face turn for Lesnar; since people are cheering for him WWE want to make him do nicer stuff, I guess.

Bryan v Wyatt was solid, kind of like they've rewound 13 months. I liked the ending as it was a bit surprising, and it's good to see Bryan has adapted the landing of that dropkick.

The legends panel was the highlight for me. Ric Flair is the man. He and Big show put on a damn good show. Some other old duffers were there too.

Barrett v Ambrose was okay, notable for Ambrose getting a clean win!

Positive (for 1980) Black Stereotypes vs Cesaro and Some Guy: Zzzzzzzzz...

NWO segment was fine, Hall seems to have a lot more energy, doesn't he? Out of the mess, two tag teams I don't care about will feud for some reason. Hopefully it leads to something decent for Ascension.

Paige tried to remember if she's a face or heel, while also trying to guide three non-wrestlers through something resembling a match. FFS, WWE.

Rusev v R Truth: WWE don't care about either of these people right now, but generously gave us a couple of minutes. I really like Rusev.

Miz v An Uso: happened.

Cena vs the world: A pretty good match at first, it trailed off towards the end and things started to make no sense, then it kind of fixed itself before HOLY ****! 1, 2, 3, then yet more HOLY ****!

Yeah, when WWE spend some cash and decide to genuinely please people, they can really put on a show.

5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    This is what pisses me off. When the WWE wants to, it's the best wrestling promotion in the world.

6. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Yeah this Raw was doperific

7. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    It's the Flair factor, I tell you. He elevates everything. :D

8. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    The Flair Factor and Hall throwing tooth picks! Hey Yo...

V-2 likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Reports Kevin Dunn is burying Daniel Bryan to Vince McMahon.

10. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Just bought tickets to see Alberto Del Rio vs John Morrison. Matt Hardy is on the card as well and there is a meet and greet before the show, so of course I'll be going to that.

V-2 likes this.
  11. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Which promotion is it?

12. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    If Roman wins the Rumble, by the time Wrestlemania rolls around Lesnar will be a face.

Pretty Awesome, considering he'll leave to cheers as opposed to boos like last time.

13. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    NorthEast Wrestling. Local indie promotion.

There is a ton of speculation news out and about for surprise Royal Rumble entrants I'm not going to bother posting them all but the short list is
    RVD, DDP, X-Pac, Bully Ray and Devon, Chris Jericho(he is currently under contract for WWE actually for house shows so this might actually happen), Batista, and The Rock. With the exception of DDP who(though rumors say he has flown in) is in Utah filming a documentary about Jake the Snake, all the other aforementioned names are in or are within driving distance of Philadelphia

From what I hear The Rock is more or less expected to at least be on the show, and was asked on WWE.com if he had unfinished business with Lesnar.

Chris Jericho is at a Dave and Busters moderating a discussion with Eric Bischoff and Bruce Pritchard(I think it's Pritchard) about the Monday Night Wars and as I mentioned before is technically under contract to the WWE so an appearance is probably likely.

RVD has reportedly been in discussion for at least a Rumble appearance and was teasing fans on twitter about being excited for tonight since the premiere of Shameless is going to be on. Another one that I would think is a likely spot.

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-officially-announces-justin-gabriels-release/

So no more Justin Gabriel. I'm expecting him to be added to the show I'm going to now, since that's what happened with the last show I went to when Evan Bourne was released.

14. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    TNA review:
    A fairly decent Impact let down by a few duds (Jerms Sterm's Wyatt family ripoff being the lowlight) and a disinterested crowd. Spud's new tag team partner(?) debuted and it looks like Borash is going to manage them(?), Kim took a very realistic looking hard knee to the face from Havok, won via DQ and then Kong chased Big Broom Vader out of the ring, the feast or fired segments were pretty good comedy, and Lashley vs BDC was okay (when Lashley wasn't talking. He sounds like an effeminate Drederick Tatum.)... The crowd was utterly DEAD though. Impact needs to be filmed live in single 2 hour shows, shooting 2 or more shows at once is just not working out.

Now watching the Rumble preshow and hopefully my stream will hold out for the whole show.

15. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Cesaro and Rose wearing a Bullet Club parody shirt that says "Brass Ring Club" = Priceless.

Darth_Smeagol and V-2 like this.
  16. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JOHN CENA SUUUUUUCKS
    JOHN CENA SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

17. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Jericho teasing whether he's at the Rumble, meanwhile here we see our first surprise entrant Bubba Ray Dudley, The Boogeyman is the second.

18. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Royal Rumble Review:
    New Age Outlaws vs The Ascension: Not a bad way to open, and though it wasn't clear at the time, Ascension's win set the tone of the entire evening....

Mizdow&Miz vs The Usos: Not the worst ever Usos match, but I find it hard to care about these people. They should not be at this level of competition, there need to be more tag teams.

Divas Tag Match: Isn't this the same match we saw on the last Raw? WWE are determined to bury Paige, but why? It's as if there's no long term plan for anyone in the Diva division.

Cena/Rollins/Lesnar: Holy **** that was good. It sagged a lot when Brock was taking a breather after breaking a rib 'at least', and there were a few botches, but holy **** what a match. Hats off to all three of them, especially the ironclad gimmicked Lesnar. I don't know if this match 'made' Rollins, but it's certainly helped to cement his credibility - that elbow to the outside table looked amazing in super-slow-mo, near Randy Savage level great. Much as I hate to admit it, Cena had a decent match - sloppy but decent. His neck deserves a spot in the HOF, next to Randy Orton's spine.

The Royal Rumble:
    Congratulations to the winner of the 2015 Royal Rumble, Curtis Axel!

The story of the match: A succession of popular crowd-pleasers are rapidly and nonchalantly eliminated to the increasing displeasure of the audience while a load of unpopular mid card jobbers from Raw mope around until their elimination time rolls around.

Re: Daniel Bryan: Jesus **** prolapse ******* CHRIST did WWE learn nothing from last year? How hard would it be to keep him in until the very last second? It would save the crowd booing the last half hour of their 2nd most prominent PPV.

Up until the inevitable crowd turn it was a very interesting and entertaining match. I totally lost it at Bully Ray turning up. Amazing moment, but I hope he comes back to TNA soon. DDP was looking very old and stiff, which is what you'd expect from a man his age, but it's not a great advert for his yoga cult, eh... Boogieman was a waste. There was an interesting angle with Rusev and Wyatt partnering up which the commentators picked up on - just as Wyatt attacked Rusev. That little botch aside, those two came out of this with some good heat (were the crowd chanting 'we want Rusev' at the end? Were they just spoilering the finish because they'd turned on the match?), while can't imagine how awful Roman Reigns must be feeling right now. If WWE intended to inspire feelings of hatred and pity for him, they did a perfect job.

19. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    The royal rumble went wrong some how. Did wrestlers not do what they were told, did Bryan mess up, the Rock was way out of character like he was of filling in for Orton or Sting. Lesner looked out of shape. I can go on and on about the 2nd most important event but why bother.

20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Even with a great title match (which was the highlight of the evening), there's nothing but negative publicity thus far concerning this Rumble, and deservedly so. To only have Bryan wrestle for a mere few minutes before being unceremoniously eliminated? Ridiculous.

21. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    There were so many terrible booking decisions made with tonight's Rumble that just boggle my mind.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Daniel Bryan might not be 100% fit, yet. Thus the WWE do not want to keep him in long.

Plus, all the boos will keep support behind him and ensure he remains over.

(Thought I'm not sure WWE are being that clever)

23. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    They were trying to put Reigns over but ended up burying him, they were trying to generate heat for Wyatt but not the genuine hatred he got for eliminating all those fan favourites. I think people might be ever so slightly bored of Big Show and Kane, too.

24. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    The most shocking thing about last night is that Vince and co were genuinely surprised by that reaction. This was predicted a month ago.

Would have more respect for them if they did it knowing what was going to happen.

Vince will stick with the match. Fans will side with lesnar

25. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/...n-reigns-wins-the-royal-rumble-thre/21134793/

Vince can't ignore losing money, hopefully he won't try and make an entire fan base blink, he'll lose. That is if the cancellations are all true.

http://wrestlingnews.co/video-roman...ing_wp_cron=1422309184.6083369255065917968750

And here comes Roman Cena.

http://wrestlingnews.co/idiot-fans-...ing_wp_cron=1422309258.2181611061096191406250

Despite my displeasure with the result, I have to agree that acting like this is uncalled for. Heckle them, but don't destroy their property or try to assault them.

Oh yeah, and no live wrestling on Raw tonight due to the severe weather. Lucha Underground is countering with a 2 hour show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.