main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    They will definitely have a solid match this Sunday. While Triple H is one of the more muscular guys, he is capable of being technically sound when needed. The same can be said for Sting as well, so they'll do okay.

No details yet, but Lesnar did say that he got an offer he couldn't say no to. While I think he was playing it up for the camera, no doubt that's still exactly what he got. Word is The Rock wants to face Lesnar at next Wrestlemania, so that probably played a big part in the contract.

2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Hopefully they will keep him as a special attraction and not have him drop the belt to Roman and end up jobbing to Hornswoggle on Smackdown.

3. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I guess I can agree that sting is a better overall wrestler. However at the same time this is the guy who had to be carried by hogan in their starcade bout. Still better than HHH. It'll be interesting to see how a classic wrestler adapts to a wwe style match. This is why i say HHH will carry him.

Either way it should be great. I hope. It was great seeing sting do a classic wrestling promo in the ring last night. Short that it was. Still fun.

So now that Lesnar has officially re-signed how will Sunday turn out? Beginning to think that either they'll swerve us and have Lesnar win or have Herman side with reigns and cheat.

But it's also a classic wrestling style vs wwe style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Pretty sure give how scary lesnar is and his temper wwe won't put him in situations where they'll embarrass him.

Agree to keep him in limited appearance, but I do hope he appears more often. Shows better when he's there.

edit: just hit me...Brock has resigned with a mania crowd now to surely back him. Reigns is gonna have a rough night win or lose.

5. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    it could go several different ways. i was hoping when it looked certain that Reigns was winning that Rollins would finally cash in. might actually get the fans behind Reigns.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Or Rollins cashes in on Brock...

Any comments on Nash being the final 2015 HOF inductee?

7. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    if koko b. ware can be there anyone can
    he deserves it though

8. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    It's a bit of a disappointing HoF class after last year's. Jake made me cry, Mr. T made me pmsl (thank you mother), and then there was Warrior, with the full range of emotions (mainly bitterness).

What do I have to look forward to this year? Arnie can tell his Andre story again, the Bushwackers can do their comedy walk and do some not-so-comedy racism, Hogan can pretend he and Savage got on... Maybe Rikishi can find something entertaining to say, maybe Larry too, but it all seems a bit dry this year.

Unless Lanny Poffo rushes the stage or something.

9. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    the HOF is half rediculous . depends on who's getting along with WWE at the time and how much they want them in.

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    To be fair, Sting hadn't worked much between the time he began the Crow Sting angle to when Starcade came around. I recall him saying that in an interview back in 1999.

11. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I really am pumped that lesnar is staying. Already believed he'll turn face, probably right after mania. This certainly means that he'll get screwed Sunday somehow. They're already saying that if he turns face he'll be the number one face of the company, with reigns having to turn heel. Even saying they expect him to get a monster Pop at mania.

Put lesnar against the authority and I see nothing but dollar signs. It won't just be just anyone they screwed it will be a monster who could kill every one of them.

12. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    yeah that's what i mean about Sting. it seemed like they had him in the rafters so long that by the time he started wrestling again he was sort of simplified, not really growing anymore.

as for Lesnar, i think the guy is awesome, but he appears so infrequently that it's like when Rock came back a couple years ago with the title. He's there, but it's like he's not really there. I noticed last year within a month or so of him winning the title that some weeks on RAW they didn't mention him or the title.
    Now i've always thought they had the champion wrestling too much on RAW---it wasn't like that back in the 90's---but not even being there or wrestling on the ppv's just doesn't work imo

13. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I'd quite like the Lesnar model being applied across the board, tbh. It could allow more people to wrestle less frequently, thus increasing the size of the roster, lengthening careers because of fewer injuries, and it could mirror the UFC model. Seeing the Usos and Big Show etc would be a treat rather than a chore. Of course, it relies on the talent still being paid a decent wage, and it might harm merch sales if it's not handled right.

14. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    they won't all be paid like him though. a lot of them work their tail off for a fraction of that. i'd like to know what he's making, because to me as great as he is (and he is an amazing specimen and wrestler) i don't see him as worth it as far as bumping the ratings

15. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
  16. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    taking in the rumors of the past few days since Lesnar has resigned this is the best sequence of events I've come up with so far.

Lesnar beats Reigns, barely. Rollins cashes in on Lesnar, who is to beaten up after the match. Probably even the rest of the Authority jumping into to make sure Lesnar gets pinned. This allows for Lesnar to make his face turn. It also will allow Reigns to stay face. Originally rumors had him pegged to turn heel since Lesnar was going to be pretty much top dog. However given that Lesnar will no doubt take a break soon, probably after the May PPV, this means Reigns can remain a face. Which also connects with the new info that he'll be running a program with Rollins after Mania.

If it happens like that I pretty much guarantee that Raw ends with Lesnar's music playing and the Authority getting plenty of F5's.

Juliet316 , LloydChristmas and V-2 like this.
  17. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    That's pretty much what I've been hoping for.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    That's the scenario I hope WWE goes with.

19. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
  20. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    The HoF was much better than I expected. Poor Larry lost it, and I didn't find much pleasure in that. The Bushwackers were just awful. Brilliantly awful. A shame they have to be so racist but wth.

Madusa was entertaining as well.

Connor and Mrs. Warrior stole the show. The WWE are such manipulative bastards (and Steph's recent tweet about charity being publicity couldn't have been more badly timed) but they managed to get some tears out of me. I wonder how much money going to Connor's Cure goes to cancer research?

They stole the show right up until the holy **** moment of the night, the return of the Genius! Was it a secret that he was showing up? It was a big surprise for me.

So anyway, Impact tonight, then WTTV, then WM. Just your standard 7 hours of wrestling in one night.

21. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Here we go, kicking off the event with the IC Title Ladder Match

Fun fact(provided by WWE): the last time the Intercontinental Championship was successfully defended at WrestleMania was in 2001, by Chris Jericho

[​IMG]

No matter what happens tonight, I think I'll be okay with it and just let the programs and storylines run their course.

22. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    the Genius, full of glory and reknown, recited an awesome poem.

23. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
  24. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I"m not going to spoil anything, but so far I'm happy with the show.

25. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I'm going to moan about the Sting/HHH match a LOT. Possibly for 12 months or more.

Juliet316 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.