main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Will be interesting to see how things continue to evolve from here on out. The more popular NXT gets the harder it will be for Vince to take these wrestlers and turn them into cartoon characters if they get called up. Nobody will buy it. Image balor going from what he is now to Peter Pan.

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I think with Balor they're going to have to go full on Terry Gilliam/Jim Henson with his entrance. The creeping around in a little horned cloak works okay small scale but it's just going to be slow and naff looking in a big arena... Something like a cross between Darth Maul and the Landstriders from The Dark Crystal would be pretty cool.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  4. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    16 years ago today Owen Hart tragically passed away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  6. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Remember that night well.

No doubt if he had lived owen would have went on to eventually to be wwf champ. The feuds with Austin and HHH were easly guaranteed.

Owen vs kurt angel.

7. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Remember that night well.

No doubt if he had lived owen would have went on to eventually to be wwf champ. The feuds with Austin and HHH were easly guaranteed.

Owen vs kurt angel.

8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i remember my reaction. a friend called me. i just really couldn't believe it.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It happened during the last month of my senior year in HS. I was Internet-less then, so I remember waking up to the news as the headline on the Today show. It was all anybody in school could talk about that day.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    For some reason this entrance has not been on youtube. it is Hogan's original entrance with the Eye Of The Tiger for his bout with the Iron Shiek.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I was in the 7th grade, we had a field trip to some stupid place the next day. If I remember right they showed the video package of the feud with godfather, and then the next shot was JR., by himself reporting on what just happened to Owen. They eventually then had the next match, during which they told us he had passed. Rough stuff.

If he had hit the ring directly he may have survived.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I was still young when it happened. I heard about it the day after and even though I was young, I still remember the controversy afterwards. It's a shame, not even because of the talent he was, but because of the person he was.

And I can only imagine the cards he would have been apart of with the likes of Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, etc.

DarthMane2 and Juliet316 like this.
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Hart vs Benoit actually happened in Japan (When Benoit was under a mask as the Pegasus Kid):

I would have loved to have seen Owen tear the house down with Kurt Angle or even a young CM Punk.

14. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I can even picture a SummerSlam or Survivor Series main event with The Rock, and the two of them in their prime had the athletic ability to put on a show. Owen was one of those guys where from a technical standpoint he was no Bret and never would be but he didn't have to be, from a performance standpoint he had everything necessary to have just as memorable matches. In fact my favorite Owen match is also probably my favorite Bret match, from Wrestlemania 10, when they opened the show and even though Bret was clearly the superior mat technician, Owen was performing on all cylinders and showing he belonged.

Jericho and Owen had similar styles, Jericho might be a bit more ground based but still very much alike. I think they would have complimented each other in the ring.

And imagine if Bret hadn't been hurt and Owen were still alive during the invasion angle, the possibility of the two of them together again, fighting for opposite sides. The Vince/Bret relationship may have still been toxic at that point in time, but Owen and Bret were close and it could have made it a real possibility if not for the terrible circumstances that occurred.

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Sadly, we'll never know.

Sixteen years ago tonight RAW aired it's memorial show to Owen Hart the day after the tragedy at Kemper Arena. No story lines, no cutsy backstage skits. Just straight matches and backstage memorial testimonials from the wrestlers.

I tried to find the full show. Seems it's been nuked by YouTube

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Tonight's RAW is the last in the Nassau Coliseium.

17. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Something's not right. Lana's thighs aren't as thick as they were.

Maybe it's my tv. Anyone else having this problem?

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Vince popped up before RAW:

VadersLaMent likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    JFC the one time I think it's a good idea to miss the last hour of RAW and Dean Ambrose steals a Paddywagon!

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    That is very positive looking news. Doesn't sound like they're cancelling TNA in that press release, and the cross promotional potential is pretty exciting. If TNA and RoH could be convinced to do a joint event this could be the start of something ****ing awesome!

...Or they're phasing out TNA to replace it with RoH, which would suck. RoH are quite similar to local yokel NWA shows in terms of production values imo (though RoH wrestling is far superior, obviously).

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, not a surprise, given Heyman is going to be on Stone Cold's WWE Podcast next Monday, but Lesnar's advertised to be on the June22 RAW and the Battleground PPV.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  26. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.