main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Taker and Lesnar brawling on Raw. This build up is better than the Wrestlemania match set up

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    **** missed it.

3. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    It spilled all over the arena. The entire locker room had to get involved and it ended up with the police tying Lesnar's hands to get them to stop. Brad Maddox, Solomon Crowe, and Tyler Breeze went out as the security guards, which is odd considering that one of them is featured regularly on NXT and should be NXT Champion either current or former(I'm on the Tyler Breeze bandwagon, it has a fuzzy selfie stick on the front and we're going to top) one has a quite distinctive hair cut, and one of them was featured heavily on Raw for quite some time.

4. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Holy crap, this thread turned 14 years old on July 10. If it was a person it would be starting high school in September.

Juliet316 and darth-sinister like this.
  5. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    And we can celebrate by there being 2 women's wrestling matches on Raw tonight, on top of what already happened.

V-2 and Juliet316 like this.
  6. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    watching them fight now, this is awesome

wow i just realized Undertaker has hair again

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, catching up on the brawl. Still don't like how it all came about, but we got at least one (thus far) pretty damn good old school out of it.

8. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    so um hulk hogan got in some trouble overnight.

9. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    "Let me tell ya something brother!" just took on a whole new, ugly meaning.

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Fired? I didn't even know he was still employed.

11. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Is anyone else watching tough enough? I think I'm done after Patrick's elimination. He was the only guy who was wwe ready. Mick Foley is just as pissed as I am lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

12. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    there is apparently video of hogan using racist slurs several times in a conversation about his daughters music "career" specifically the n word multiple times. Hogans been completely erased from wwe's website and online shop, curtis axel's page has reverted back to curtis axel instead of axelmania. They are giving hogan the benoit treatment right now.

While the use of the slurs is not excusable, this is a company where the owner has used the same word on live tv in the past.

13. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    i watched a little of the first episode of tough enough.

apparently hogan did this with the same woman he made the sex tape with. so that's the gift that keeps paying dividends.

14. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    the conversation is apparently on the same tape as the sex tape.

15. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    bubba and his wife must really hate hogan

16. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    I get firing the guy. I do. The racist dialogue he was having is inexcusable.

But...erasing him from your history? Taking him out of the Hall of Fame and acting like he never existed on your website? Without Hulk Hogan, there is no WWE. There would have been no Rock N Wrestling, there wouldn't have been 90,000+ in the Pontiac Silverdome, there would have been no 80s boom to lead to the 90s boom. There'd be no Monday Night Wars, there'd be none of that.

You can't give the guy the Benoit treatment when the man in question made your company what it is today.

Fire him temporarily or permanently. That's fine. But do not sit there and pretend like he didn't exist and made your company billions of dollars.

17. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    i just listened to almost two minutes of it on youtube and what i don't get is that it sounds like a radio interview

18. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  19. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Firing him, okay. Good call there.

Trying to erase him from history? WTF.....

Michael Hayes has a known history with saying racist ****, but he's still around. Donald Trump is still in the HOF after saying what he's said about Mexicans. Do we honestly think some of our favorite Wrestling legends don't have racist views. Don't want to use the ole, "Men of their time," argument, but come on.

Making it seem like Hogan has a Klan outfit in the closet is maybe taking it a little far, and only make the situation worse.

JoshieHewls likes this.
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And then there's the Attutude Era...

21. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Alberto Del Rio beats the **** out of a racist employee. The racist employee stays employed and Del Rio is fired.

Hulk Hogan says something racist in the past, he is not only fired but the company acts like he never existed. Just...wow.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Del Rio hit a non - performer (things might have been different if he'd brawled with another wrestler backstage). Regardless, of what the other guy did to deserve it (and I'm not going to defend the racist employee said/did that ultimately provoked Del Rio - said racist employee did get his ass canned in the end), that would be a fireable offense anywhere. Look at what happened to Jeremy Clarkson for example.

I can understand firing Hogan, especially with the social climate as it is now, but he should not be getting the Benoit treatment

JoshieHewls likes this.
  23. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Benoit is permanent. I doubt Hogan's erasure will be as well. In like a year, watch his stuff trickle back onto the site.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    True. But my point is, the WWE is going way overboard in their reaction to the Hogan situation, IMO.

25. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    I think it's fine if it's very temporary. As a way to avoid their site coming up for a while when people google Hulk Hogan's name. But if they keep him off for over a year, it's complete crap.

Darth Tunes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.